1500 balanced list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 balanced list

trying to come up with a good 1500 list. i didnt want to go crazy with upgrades either. by the way the lord is going in the rhino with the berserkers. i really want to make this list good so feel free to say stuff.

Hq

demon prince
    wings
    mark of nurgle
    doombolt

chaos lord
    mark of khorne
    demon weapon

Eilte

5 chosen
    plasma gun
    power fist

10 possessed

troop

10 chaos marines
    mark of khorne
    plasma gun
    heavy bolter

8 khorne berserkers
    rhino
    extra armor
    havoc launcher

fast attack

3 chaos bikers

heavy support

2 obilterators

defiler
    CC arm (replace heavy flamer)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all, dump the possessed. They rarely are worth their points. And maybe dump the bikes too, they aren't that usefull when you have only 3 models. Also drop the heavy bolter. It holds back the potencial of the squad. And finaly you could drop one of your HQ's. In 1500 pts are 2 HQ just too expensive.

With the points you just spared out, you could ad some more chosen. Also add another squad of chaos space marines. You realy need some more troops. And you could add another defiler. And you want to give each squad an aspiring champion with some kind of close combat weapon (I recommend power fists). You could give your chosen even more plasma guns, but that is something that you have to decide for youself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chaos lord

Here i speak from experience having MoK and a deamonweapon gives you the blood feeder you get 2D6 + how ever many attacks the lord gets so thats potencial of alot of attacks and beacuse its a deamon weapon they all count as power weapons but any 1's and theres a fair chance of geting at least one 1 on 2d6 you could end up taking a wound and loosing all those attacks wasting a round of attacks .

for around the same amount of points you can get a deamon prince with MoS wings and lash of submition witch is a lethal combo (replacing both of your hq) I 6 so going to go 1st most of the time can move 12 so can get about and last great for pulling troops out of cover for blast of a vindicator or geting them closer for the assult or just geting them off the point you want if you take this i think you should take some raptors or some more bikers with the point u will save with geting rid of the possesed i agree with the last post

hope you find this of some help im not a vet but just my oppinion as a fellow chaos player
    Last edited by Kendowned; February 7th, 2009 at 21:12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    111 (x3)

Well I see some things that could be redone in your list.

- 2 HQ choices might be a little too much. You don't have many troop choices and since the 5th edition came out, our troops are the best all around infantry in the game. You're spending almost 20% of your army in only 2 models. I would drop the Lord and keep the Daemon Prince. Give your Daemon Prince some wings and the Mark of Khorne, he will be more than good enough in close combat.

- Your chosen squad seem nice enough but it is really badly equipped. Generally when you take a squad of Chosen it's because you want to use the Infiltration special rule or because you want a squad with many special weapon. If you infiltrate your Chosen squad, give them a mission, either vehicule hunters or infantry killers. If you want to send them hunt tanks then give them 3 Meltaguns and a Rhino. If you want them to be troop killers then give them 3-4 Plasma Guns and a Rhino and send them against heavy infantry or heavy weapon squads.

- The Possessed squad look good but you should give them a Rhino, they will be target pratice if they have to cross the battlefield on foot. Give them an Icon of Khorne if you want to give them an extra punch.

- The troop department is where your list lack the most. Games are usually won by capturing objectives, sometimes you have 5 of them on the table. You have only 2 troops and they are on foot. Take a least 4 troops and put them in Rhinos, that will make your list more mobile.

- The 3 Chaos Bikers are quite nice, they will make a great flanking unit, give them a Champion with a Power Fist and equip one of them with a Meltagun and blow up anything that cross your path.

- Nothing to say about your heavy support choices, if you have the points put another Obliterator in your squad, 3 of them make a great fire platform.

That's it. Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i fixed it up here it is

Hq

demon prince
    wings
    mark of nurgle
    doombolt

Eilte

10 chosen
    2 plasma guns
    power fist

troop

10 chaos marines
    mark of khorne
    plasma gun
    flamer
    aspiring champion
    power fist

10 khorne berserkers
    rhino
    extra armor
    havoc launcher

10 khorne berserkers
    rhino
    extra armor
    havoc launcher

heavy support

2 obilterators

defiler
    CC arm (replace heavy flamer)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

deamon prince needs some back up i think with his wings he is going to be charging forward on his own and geting shot to peice with nurgle he will be a harder target but for stronger weapons still not much of a problem still think lash would be best with all your template weapons the defiler and the 2 oblitz

the sm squad flamer and pf with no transport ?

finaly the chosen still a mix of rolls plasma and powerfist mabie swap plasma for melta or Pf for more plasma
    Last edited by Kendowned; February 7th, 2009 at 21:50. Reason: error

+ Reply to Thread