1500 pts Tourney List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts Tourney List

Greetings,

Please take a look at my list. This is optimized for tournment play and also so that I can use single boxes for squads.

I realize that I dump a large number of points into the HQ section but it should work out well.

HQ

Daemon Prince
    Wings
    Mark of Slaanesh
    Lash of Submission 155

Kharne the Betrayer 165

Greater Daemon 100

Troops

Alpha
    Plague Marines x 6
    2 x Meltaguns
    Plague Champion
    Power Fist
    P. Icon 226
    Rhino 35

Beta
    Plague Marines x 6
    2 x Meltaguns
    Plague Champion
    Power Fist
    P. Icon 226
    Rhino 35

Gamma
    Thousand Sons x 8
    Aspiring Sorc
    Doombolt 254

Heavy Support

Oblit 75

Defiler 150

Oblit 75

This does not have a large number of troops in it, which is why I seleted pretty much the most resilant troops that chaos has to offer. With meltaguns they can pop tanks if need be but also also fry some troops. As much as I like plasma, I can use my thousand sons marching to pop MEQ and still have the termy killing goodness in meltaguns.

The rhinos will allow the Plague marines some early manuverability to get their groups into position. Kharne will be with either Alpha or Beta, he can bring the extra CC support that the smaller Plague Marine squads lack. The P. Icons will also allow me to call down Oblit support for tank popping or use in conjunction with the D. Princes Lash.

Lastly I have a greater demon in there for tank popping or just someone to pair up with either the D. Prince of Kharne in the Meele.

Please advise for anything I may have missed.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

Besides the Rubric marines, you're lacking any ranged objective holders. The plague marines are great at holding them, but with meltas, that gives you 10 12inch shots, or 6 24 inch bolter shots. Someone will just come in with plasma guns and sit at 24 inches away from your objective and blast away at them, normal bolters aren't overy reliable at taking out those MEQs.

I'd drop the greater demon, give one of your plague squads plasmas, and up your rubrics to 9 marines + sorc.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would drop the obilators and insteadhad a squad of devastator whit one lascannon and 3 missil launchers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlord View Post
    i would drop the obilators and insteadhad a squad of devastator whit one lascannon and 3 missil launchers.

LOYALIST SCUM!
    We call them havoks, btw :-P
    and the obliterators are better than that anyways, they can move and shoot and are tougher to kill
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nhyx View Post
    Besides the Rubric marines, you're lacking any ranged objective holders. The plague marines are great at holding them, but with meltas, that gives you 10 12inch shots, or 6 24 inch bolter shots. Someone will just come in with plasma guns and sit at 24 inches away from your objective and blast away at them, normal bolters aren't overy reliable at taking out those MEQs.

I'd drop the greater demon, give one of your plague squads plasmas, and up your rubrics to 9 marines + sorc.

That's why there is a Lash Prince there, and the Defiler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nhyx View Post
    LOYALIST SCUM!
    We call them havoks, btw :-P
    and the obliterators are better than that anyways, they can move and shoot and are tougher to kill
    i know that the havoks are easier to destroy, but if you use cover correct they may be invaluabel. mt unit of havocs has not get killed one time, and they have been abel to take down 9 land raider, 20 rhinos and alot more vehicle and alor of infantery. but i should mention that it would be wise to take a dreadnaught whit twin-linked lascannon to stay close and provide cover and power in cc, and by the way the champion should be given power weapon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlord View Post
    i know that the havoks are easier to destroy, but if you use cover correct they may be invaluabel. mt unit of havocs has not get killed one time, and they have been abel to take down 9 land raider, 20 rhinos and alot more vehicle and alor of infantery. but i should mention that it would be wise to take a dreadnaught whit twin-linked lascannon to stay close and provide cover and power in cc, and by the way the champion should be given power weapon.
    My plague champs have power fists. I dont want to have to by too many squad boxes. That's my main reason for setting up the list like this. Small effective units with heavy hitters. In some respects it resembles a hybrid nid list with the number of monstrous creatures in it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you lose those PM squads early then your greater daemon is wasted points.
    An IG army would have a field day with this army.
    Only 2 Rhinos and a Defiler for armor is tuff. Any long range armor pop will go straight for those rhinos, and then ordanace will wipe thos PMs out.

Lash is a crutch. Learn to win without it and you will become a very better player.

Take out Kharn and the greater daemon for more PMs, and maybe a predator or more obliterators.

Just my two cents
    "When Blood Speaks, Shadows Answer."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SilentNinja View Post
    If you lose those PM squads early then your greater daemon is wasted points.
    An IG army would have a field day with this army.
    Only 2 Rhinos and a Defiler for armor is tuff. Any long range armor pop will go straight for those rhinos, and then ordanace will wipe thos PMs out.

Lash is a crutch. Learn to win without it and you will become a very better player.

Take out Kharn and the greater daemon for more PMs, and maybe a predator or more obliterators.

Just my two cents
    Instead of a Lash prince, what would you suggest instead thats effective?

The greater demon can come out of the Asp Sorc as well, I plan on marching the Rubric marines up, if worse comes to worse I can have the demon come out of the Sorc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just use warptime
    "When Blood Speaks, Shadows Answer."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast