basic 1200 Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basic 1200 Chaos

::: Please don't list individual point costs of upgrades. It's copyright infringement and against forum rules :::
    Thanks, ~Rabbit

Hi I played a bit of chaos a couple of years back before the new rules/codex (though I was never great at it) and recently decided to pick up the hobby again and i have my comeback match this sunday and was hoping for advice all i know is that I can field 1200

HQ
    Chaos Lord w/ Terminator armor and mark of tzeentch 135 (I liked the look of added invun but not attached to it)

Troops
    8 Thousand sons
    1 Aspiring Sorcerer w/ doombolt

6 chaos space marine w/ccw and pistols and 1 flame
    1 aspiring champ w/ power sword and bolt pistol

6 chaos space marines w/ccw and pistols
    1 aspiring champ w/power sword and plasma pistol
    rhino

Fast Attack
    4 chaos bikers
    1 aspiring champ w/power sword

Heavy Support
    2 obliterators 150 (mainly for anti tank and possibly for shooting down high save infantry)

5 Havoks w/2heavy bolters, 1missile launcher and 1 plasma gun 14 (anti infantry and I thought the missile launcher could be good for light vehicles)

I was thinking of taking out either the rhino or the plasma gun from the havoks (or both) and giving the bikers an icon (probably khorne or slanesh)

Apart from whats listed i have 7 possessed 4 terminators (1 with powerfist 1 with chainfist and reaper autocannon) a dreadnought about 10 more marines (1 more heavy bolter and at least 1 more plasma gun) two standard lords (both with powerfist unfortunetly) and a demon prince (b'elakor model from fantasy)

thanks in advance for any help

Last edited by Ajtn; February 14th, 2009 at 00:48. Reason: noticed that i thanked in advance twice (very tired at the time)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

ok, first thing I would recommend would be to drop the chaos lord for the daemon prince. I would recommend either "The Lash Prince" (MoS + Lash of Submission) or a prince with no mark and warp time. Both are cheap and very effective.

The thousand sons look good and can function without a rhino but it would definitely help. That being said I think all of your squads should be in rhinos.

I would then recommend either dropping the bikes to bring both marine squads up to ten men with 2 special weapons a piece or to drop one squad to fill out the other. (Take the plasma gun out of the havocs to have 2x plasma in one squad)

If you do keep the bikes I would drop the champion, keep the count at three, and grab them 2 meltas. Unless you plan on using 6+ bikes the champion is really not worth the cost as there is a good chance he'll die before doing anything.

The oblits are good and the havocs are functional after dropping the plasma gun.

I would have recommended more severe changes but realize that you are trying to build a list using the models you already have. Hope this helps!
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Demon Prince w/MoS wings and warptime 160

Troops
    8 Thousand sons
    1 Aspiring Sorcerer w/ doombolt
    rhino

9 chaos space marine w/ccw and pistols 1 flamer and 1 plasma gun
    1 aspiring champ w/ power sword and bolt pistol

Fast Attack
    3 Chaos bikers w/ 2 meltaguns

Heavy Support
    2 obliterators 150

5 Havoks w/2heavy bolters, and 1 missile launcher 125

and that leaves 157 points I was thinking of either a squad of 6 possessed or a hq possibly my original termie or should i add another squad of regular marines (most of the remaining models have bolters not combat weapons )
    Last edited by Ajtn; February 14th, 2009 at 06:49. Reason: accidently posted before i finished typing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    291 (x6)

I would really say to switch out the flamer in the normal marine squad for the other plasma gun and give them the rhino instead of the 1k sons. Due to S&P 1k sons can still fire to full range after moving so they need the rhino slightly less.

for the last 160 or so points I recommend getting more bodies on the field. definitely grab another squad, maybe outflanking chosen.
    IRON WITHIN, IRON WITHOUT!

I survived LO Chat thanks to: Karmoon, Rabbit, Process, Tossy and Meish.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not bad couple of things
    1. Give the DP Lash of Submission, warptime is good but lash is just awesome
    2. the CSM need a rhino, more than the 1ksons
    3. 2 plasmas or 2 flamers, meltas would work well too, just have 2 of the same
    4. not sure if you know this but we no longer have to chose between CCW/pistol and bolter, we get them all as standard.
    4. give the CSM champ a powerfist
    5. drop the bikes for the other marines, bikes w/out MoN are too fragile in my opinion
    6. Give the havocs at least 3 more men and give them just missile launchers for versitility

Hope it helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the help on the day i embarrassingly enough forgot my box of bikers/rhino which resulted in a rather slow army in a game that turned out to be 1500 so all in all an unbalanced list but i think i learnt a bit on the day and from the help here

I know plan on getting at least 1 more biker and another rhino

+ Reply to Thread