1000 point doubles tourney list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

1000 point doubles tourney list

Alright so a very competative GT player who plays nurgle daemons gave me and my partner the idea for this list. I'm going to give you 2 differnt lists. just realise both are times 2 when it comes to the doubles tourney. Please give me your constructive criticism, I'd like to know the flaws.

Hq

Blood Thirster

Elites
    4 Blood Crushers with Icon

Troops
    9 plague bearers

9 plague bearers

Hvy
    2XSoul Grinder, phlegm, and tongue

Hq
    Blood Thirster

Troops
    9 plague bearers

9 plaguebearers

Hvy
    3Xphlegm, tongue, Grinders

Thoughts? Flaws, Improvments etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I prefer the last one, more big nasties and still some bodies. Tongue sucks though, ditch it for Unholy Might and Blessing on your Bloodthirster and more PBs.

It would help to know which army your partner is running, then you can build them to be supportive of each other.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

My partner is running daemons as well, he ONLY plays Mono-Khorne. Which Is why I wanted to double up on one of those lists. However feel free to make it so they compliment each other ==Me==. You know what I have, my partner has 3 grinders, 60 bloodletters, 30 flesh hounds, 2 blood thirsters (he's bringing angrath to the tourney. FW models the base counts! No matter how big.) 2 Princes, and 5 crushers. Well, with all that I was going to give him list #2. Thanks again for the 2500 help I got 3rd =).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Ooh, I like that. Monster mash ftw.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Seriously 6 grinders 18 plague bearers, and 2 thirsters on a 4X4 table will just have their way with you. The only thing that could take it down would be a Lance-A-lot army but even then they need 4's to do something to a tank that ignores shaken and stunned results. and when your a walker and can fire two weapons a turn you rip those people who take 240 boys apart!!!!! That and the guard gun line and blood claw heavy space wolves that are going to be there. The look on their faces when we pull out 6 grinders, and 2 blood thirsters. unless you'd prefer a #1, and 2 combo. either way they're both fun lists!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I'll tell you flatout that I really, really hope I don't draw you guys. I think we could build lists that would be fairly competitive against you, but it would be extremely impractical against everyone else and wouldn't even be a great match for us.

As for lists, I like the second better because while the crushers are awesome, that last Grinder will probably be what puts you enough over most people's AT capabilities to really hurt. For one, my usual Ram&Lol tactic won't really be feasible at 1k, and Woobler doesn't pack enough reliable melta or lascannonfire to reliably manage more than half.

Anyway, list no. 2 looks mean as hell, the only aside I see is a possible forced draw if someone is smart enough to massfire your troop choices off the board before getting ground up.
    Don't bother having anything more than meaningless small talk on this forum, the moderators won't allow it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

I dont think anyone does =). We'd drop the Pb's in last for that very reason, and as ==Me== always says Pbs are hella resilient and you saw that yourself, surving fire from damn near anything till you left them alone =). The only thing they couldnt survive was dangerous terrain, lol!
    Last edited by girlhunter2102; February 16th, 2009 at 06:58. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

That would do the trick.

NOT. OK.
    Don't bother having anything more than meaningless small talk on this forum, the moderators won't allow it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Sorry for double post:

Girlhunter, we think we've got a list that has should at least give us a fair shake at you guys and keep up competitive. I would still give us the short end of the stick, but we think we could manage a draw with some luck.

That said, it took 4 hours over spanish translations and won ton soup, and is still theoretical, but we believe.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Alright so now I'm leaning more towards my team mate taking the 3 grinders, 18 plague bearer, BT list while I take 24 blood letters (3X 8 man) 5 crushers, BT, and 1 grinder w/phlegm.

It's only because I'm scared of mech blood claw space wolves, allied with mech nurgle/tzeentch CSM. I F*&%#ing hate mech! I know they're meta gaming against our 6 grinder list and i hate it.

But heres my point before i ramble. Suggestions on what to take away/add to make this list better against a mech army. Not to mention space wolves, who couter-attack into you. Augh!
    Last edited by girlhunter2102; February 20th, 2009 at 04:48. Reason: typo

+ Reply to Thread