1500pts of Mech Nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pts of Mech Nurgle

A 1500pt mechanised Nurgle warband for you to critique;

HQ – 165pts
    Daemon Prince + Mark of Nurgle + Wings + Nurgle’s Rot

ELITES – 200pts
    5 Chaos Terminators + Icon of Chaos Glory + 4 Combi-plasmas + Chainfist + Heavy Flamer

TROOPS – 872pts
    8 Plague Marines + 2 Meltaguns + Aspiring Champion + Powerfist + Combi-melta + Personal Icon + Rhino (Anti-vehicle squad)

8 Plague Marines + 2 Flamers + Aspiring Champion + Powerfist + Personal icon + Rhino (Anti-horde squad)

8 Plague Marines + 2 Plasmaguns + Aspiring Champion + Powerfist + Combi-plasma + Personal Icon + Rhino (Anti-Meq squad)

HEAVY SUPPORT – 260pts
    Chaos Predator + Lascannon sponsons

Chaos Predator + Lascannon sponsons

TOTAL = 1497pts
    29 Marines/Terminators
    5 Vehicles
    1 Monstrous Creature

It would have been good to get the Icon of Nurgle for the Terminators for a sense of completeness but I reckon it costs too many points for the limited bonus it would give to the Terminators. I tried to vary the weaponry on the plague marines as cookie-cutter squads can sometimes be boring especially if they have the wrong special weapon. Hopefully my army should contain something to deal with anything the enemy can throw at me.

Comments and criticisms? Thanks.

Last edited by Inquisitor Soulflayer; February 15th, 2009 at 18:01.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

It's a rock solid list. No weak spots. In fact, it's very much like my 1500 competitive list. All of my below comments are more opinion-driven than actual criticisms of your choices:

HQ: Fine. Warp Time would serve better, but if your environment includes a mass heaping of swarms, the Rot is the way to go.

Termis: Do they really need the Glory Icon? In my experience, termis teleport in for combined rapid firing hate into a single enemy unit, then they usually charge in to assist your spearhead. Given this, they rarely are involved in a losing combat skirmish. Of course, on their own, they might be better off with the Glory Icon. Still, I just have to say that I've not once ever lost combat when using a small unit of plasma-oriented termis. For point savings, try dropping the chain fist down to a regular power fist.

Plague Marines: All excellently configured. I never use flamers though, because plasma guns inflict far more damage on hordes once you consider the range (as well, they're highly versatile). If you dropped the chain fist in your termis for a regular power fist, and also dropped the combi-melta on your first plague squad, then you would have sufficient points for upgrading the two flamers to plasma guns. Also, with regard to the combi-melta, I think you're just fine in that unit for tank busting with the dual melta guns.

Preds: Yep.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its fine, the only thing I would suggest is mix up the special weapons in the PM squads, otherwise the opponent will target the rhino that has the weapons that will hurt his army the most.

Also I've always found combi-meltas to be much more useful on termies, with all the mech lists going around.
    Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them

-Obi-wan Kenobi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent list. I really don't have anything else to say.

Sabre
    Comfirmed Disciple of Chaos

Rogue Angel: "Meet da Chaos Lord"

+ Reply to Thread