Librarium Online Forums banner

Fast 1500pts, Semi-Balanced

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Aether-Moose 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone, I'm coming to you again for advice on a 1500pt list I've come up to use against most oncomers, but in hopes of combating Tyranids, Tau, Dark Eldar and Necrons as a highlight as I play against them most commonly. The build is fast and meant to have units supporting each other in combat or sitting and shooting from atop objectives.

A note about the two Daemon Princes - I realize it's borderline excessive for 1500 points, but my playgroup reacts pretty strongly to the winged monsters, so I want to try 2 for some fun. I didn't go with dual Lash Princes because a) I'd feel guilty and b) once the DP gets into Combat, Lash is neutralized and frankly, he's not the best CC monster around. He can compete with HIve Tyrants and Archons, but he loses almost as often as he wins. I wanted to try and give one the extra kick of Warptime.

Anyways.

Chaos Space Marines - 1500 Points

-=HQ=-

Daemon Prince - 155
- Mark of Slaanesh
- Wings
- Lash of Submission

Daemon Prince - 155
- Wings
- Warptime

-=Troops=-

[9] Chaos Space Marines - 255
- 2 Meltaguns
[1] Aspiring Champion
- Icon of Slaanesh
- Power Weapon

[1] Rhino

- 2 Meltaguns
[1] Aspiring Champion
- Powerfist
- Icon of Chaos Glory

[1] Rhino

[7] Khorne Berserkers - 233
[1] Skull Champion
- Power Weapon
[1] Rhino

-=Fast Attack=-

[7] Chaos Raptors - 240
- 2 Meltaguns
[1] Aspiring Champion
- Pair of Lightning Claws
- Icon of Khorne

-=Heavy Support=-

[1] Obliterator - 70

[1] Obliterator - 70

[1] Obliterator - 70

1503 Points
41 Models
68% Troops

EDIT: Adding a 2000pt list because I've been wanting to use more of my models on the table :p

-=HQ=-

Daemon Prince - 155
- Mark of Slaanesh
- Wings
- Lash of Submission

Daemon Prince - 160
- Mark of Slaanesh
- Wings
- Warptime

-=Elites=-

[5] Chaos Terminators - 190
- 4x Combi-Plasmaguns
- Chainfist
- Heavy Flamer

-=Troops=-

- 2 Meltaguns
[1] Aspiring Champion
- Icon of Slaanesh
- Power Weapon

[1] Rhino

[9] Chaos Space Marines - 265
- 2 Plasma Guns
[1] Aspiring Champion
- Powerfist
- Icon of Chaos Glory

[1] Rhino

[8] Khorne Berserkers - 254
[1] Skull Champion
- Power Weapon
[1] Rhino

-=Fast Attack=-

[7] Chaos Raptors - 240
- 2x Meltaguns
[1] Aspiring Champion
- Icon of Khorne
- Pair of Lightning Claws

-=Heavy Support=-

Defiler - 150
- 2x Dreadnought Close-Combat Arm

Defiler - 150
- 2x Dreadnought Close-Combat Arm

[6] Chaos Havocs - 180
- 4x Missile Launchers
- Icon of Chaos Glory

2001 Points
50 Models
2 Monstrous Creatures
5 Vehicles

See less See more
#2 ·
It's a fair list, and in fact, pretty good. All I'd recommend is a single tweak:

One your second troop choice, give them the Glory icon. It's really too cheap for not including. As you're tight on points, you can simply switch this unit over to melta guns.

#3 ·
Yeah, actually you're right. I've had my ld 10 marines run away one time too many to not take IoCG. I'm used to running 2 Defilers as my Heavies, but now that I've got some meausre of Anti-Tank, I can stand some more meltas instead of longer range. Assault is fun too.

#4 ·
So guys, I've been toying with the idea of including some Terminators (Karmoon build, most likely) as I've never used them before. But, what to remove? I was thinking of getting rid of the Raptors and maybe and Obliterator for 2 4 man squads, or maybe just 1 larger 5-6 man squad. Any thoughts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.