New and Improved 1500 Black Legion - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New and Improved 1500 Black Legion Please advise

HQ
    Daemon Prince
    Wings
    MoT
    Warptime
    Doombolt 185

Kharne the Betrayer 165

Troops

Plague Marines x 6
    2 x Melta
    Plague Champion
    Power Fist
    Combi-Melta 231

Rhino 35

Thousands Sons x 8
    Aspiring Sorcerer
    Bolt of Change 269

Rhino 35

Noise Marines x 6
    Sonic Blasters x 5
    Noise Champion
    Doom Siren 195

Noise Marines x 8
    Sonic Blasters x 7
    Blast Master 235

Heavy Support

2 x Obliterator 150

Total: 1500

This army is kitted out for mid range firefights with heavy close combat support comming from the daemon prince, kharne.

The larger group of noise marines stay with the obliterators to provide fire support and bodyguard objectives if necessary.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Makoto001; February 24th, 2009 at 01:32. Reason: change title

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

You should've just edited your other thread instead of making a new one

Anyways, about the list, I like the balance Without Kharn and the DP I woudl say you're too vulnerable to dedicated close combat, but nobody's going to charge gung-ho at Chaos marines backed by these CC monsters. YOu've got lots of nice shooting, and sturdy units for holding objectives.

My only concern is a limited ability to deal with big nasites in close combat. Sure you've got the prince, but chances are he's gonna get shot pretty fast and at least take some wounds before making it into CC with something large, reducing his chances of survival. Against TMCs for instance, you've only got 1 powerfist in your troops, and 1 forceweapon. I'd worry about Carnifex's hitting your lines and seriously messing things up.

I might try to find the points to get a champion with POwer Weapon in one of your Niose marine squads at least.

Otherwise, looks like a unique, effective list. Good job, rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Prince is expensive but a good design. You other HQ is also good but I don't think you need both of them. drop Kharne.

Troops: Plague marines look good. Normally I wuld say plasma guns for them so FNP can help with overheats but you are a little light on anti tank. 1k Sons are great. The second noise marine unit is excellent but the first is unlikely to ever use the doomsiren. They are just too juicy a target to allow to footslog into template range. Drop these guys for 8 berserkers with a PW champion and rhino. Then your army contains one unit of each god and you could even tweak the squad numbers to make them all favoured squad numbers.

Heavy: 2 Oblits are fine. Put a personal icon in a rhino mounted squad and you can deepstrike to them and use close range weapons like MM, TL Melta or TL Flamers. Split them into 2 units for flexibility or keep them together for kill points. If you dropped Kharne then get 1-2 more oblits or a vindicator or defiler.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

+ Reply to Thread