1500 points Nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points Nurgle

I have just recently converted into 1500, so im just givin this a test run:

HQ

Ku'gath - 300

Epidemius - 110

Elites

5 x Beasts of Nurgle - 175

Troops

10 x Plaguebearers - 150
    10 x Plaguebearers - 150
    10 x Plaguebearers - 150

Heavy Support

Daemon Prince of Nurgle with Iron Hide, MoN, Cloud of Flies and Noxious Touch-155
    Daemon Prince of Nurgle with Iron Hide, MoN, Cloud of Flies and Noxious Touch-155

Total - 1500

Im thinkin first batch of people should be :
    Ku'gath
    Epidemius
    Daemon Prince
    Daemon Prince
    Daemon Prince

Then second batch to be:
    10 x Plaguebearers
    10 x Plaguebearers
    10 x Plaguebearers
    5 x Beasts of Nurgle

What dya think? please dont hesitate to tear it apart

Thanks, Wazzasonofra

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Ku'Gath is too expensive. His pie plate looks nice on paper, but it only wounds on a 4+ and most enemies will have cover too, so you'll be killing 25% of what you hit. Not worth twice the cost of a GUO. Grab a normal GUO w/ Breath and give your DPs wings. Nurglings wouldn't hurt either.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooo good point, so i would need 40 pts from somewhere though for wings on all of em, what should i take out/do>?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Wings are too expensive, if you ask me. I'd run epidemius w/ a unit of 20 plaguebearers. with ku'gath out throw in 3 suicide breath nurgle heralds. If you drop those with breath princes, 1st turn tally baby! If points becom an issue drop a beast or two, beasts are only good once the tally is up. Just a thought.
    Last edited by girlhunter2102; March 1st, 2009 at 19:49. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Nurgle Heralds are garbage, and breath is too short ranged to guarantee it. Scatter a few inches and you're done.

I don't normally advocate wings on a DP, but Nurgle lists need them to get stuck in quick and get killing. You would be ok with 2 winged DPs, maybe drop 3 PBs if you want the other one.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

I have been running a mono-nurgle demon list since release of demons and the suggestions I would make would be:

I would disagree, Ku'gath has +1 attack +1 wound necrotic missile and nurgling infestation is worth the 105 more points you will pay,which isn't double the cost of a normal GUO after you buy the abilities you would for a GUO. The necrotic missile may only wound on 4+ but its still another shooting attack he can use and take advantage of being a MC and shooting two weapons. I had kugath take down 2 dakka tyrants and 6 tyrant guards w/lash whips and a dakkafex over 3 turns, my opponent underestimated his survivability when he assaulted him in some trees. Outside of KP missions the infestation is good especially when tally starts wracking up. Though you could get a normal GUO and a Herald w/palanquin,boc,cof for ku'gath. Also the necrotic missile is the good for its range.

I run aura of decay on my dps and unless there are t3 models its nearly worthless, though very good against hordes.
    I would consider dropping the beasts and getting 2x6 units of nurglings and put instruments on your plaguebearers, though instruments not needed they are pretty decent upgrade for the unit.

I have found the wings work pretty well with the DPs and when I don't use them wish I had even at how costly they are, they are the fastest unit Nurgle can get.

Like alot of demon lists but even more so mono nurgle lacks anti tank so I have recently considered putting in a unit of 3xscreamers of T for the ability to handle LRs.

These are just a few considerations to think about.
    Last edited by Tyrius; March 2nd, 2009 at 03:28.
    My upcoming blog in the works:
    http://plasticrackminis.blogspot.com/

+ Reply to Thread