Black Legion 750pt Army For Team Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black Legion 750pt Army For Team Tourney

Hey all, I've got a team tournament coming up where an experienced player teams up with a noob (me) with 750pts for each player. All I can say about my teammate at this point is that he's using Chaos Daemons. I'm going to talk with him sometime soon about what he thinks I should do to better fit his army and style, but I thought I'd post up my list here to see what everyone thinks of it as a stand alone army. Here it is:

HQ:

Daemon Prince x1
    Wings
    MoK
    140pts

Troops:

CSM x7
    IoCG
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Weapon
    145pts

CSM x8
    IoCG
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Fist
    -Rhino
    205pts

Noise Marines x6 120pts
    6x Sonic Blasters +30
    Personal Icon +5
    -Rhino
    185pts

Heavy Support:

Obliterator x1 75pts

Total: 750pts

My thoughts: I don't have much in the way of AT besides the single obliterator, but I don't think that will be too much of a problem for the small points value. I wanted to maximize my troops so squad 1 can sit on an objective while my partner Deep Strikes in off of my icons in the rhinos.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by flez85 View Post
    Hey all, I've got a team tournament coming up where an experienced player teams up with a noob (me) with 750pts for each player. All I can say about my teammate at this point is that he's using Chaos Daemons. I'm going to talk with him sometime soon about what he thinks I should do to better fit his army and style, but I thought I'd post up my list here to see what everyone thinks of it as a stand alone army. Here it is:

HQ:

Daemon Prince x1
    Wings
    MoK
    140pts

Troops:

CSM x7
    IoCG
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Weapon
    145pts

CSM x8
    IoCG
    Aspiring Champion
    Power Fist
    -Rhino
    205pts

Noise Marines x6 120pts
    6x Sonic Blasters +30
    Personal Icon +5
    -Rhino
    185pts

Heavy Support:

Obliterator x1 75pts

Total: 750pts

My thoughts: I don't have much in the way of AT besides the single obliterator, but I don't think that will be too much of a problem for the small points value. I wanted to maximize my troops so squad 1 can sit on an objective while my partner Deep Strikes in off of my icons in the rhinos.

I greatly dislike MoK due to giving just one unit one extra attack. Plus it loses out of making your prince a psyker. Go with a lash prince or MoN/MoT with warptime.

Your squads make sense but I might recommend say dropping one marine for a meltagun.

And try and swindle a blastmaster into your noise maries ^^. Other than that it's a fairly solid list, granted your partner needs to have things that compliment your army and abit more AT wep
    | Hybrid Warband | __*W:7 *D:1 *L:1__
    | Hive Fleet Hybrid | __*Not Unleashed*_

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

MoK is a pointsink for a DP, not worth 1 extra attack at all.
    As stated above, go with MoT/MoN and warptime, the rerolls will give you better results than 1 extra attack. You'll also get a better save or make your DP harder to hit.

If you let your teammate take care of the AT, you can drop the obliterator, give your other aspiring champ a powerfist, and one squad of marines meltas.
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason for MoK was because I was 10pts short of 750 and was using it as a filler. I suppose I could drop a marine from squad 1 and give him MoS and Lash though, didn't think of that. Thanks for your input!

+ Reply to Thread