1750pt Mech World Eater - Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Firefly Skarsgard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Outer Rim
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,209
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

    1750pt Mech World Eater - Tourney

    Tourney list for next month. Comments and criticisms welcome, I want the list to be effective but also have some fun to it.


    HQ

    Lord Skarsgard:
    Mark of Khorne, Plasma Pistol, Powerweapon, Wings, Melta Bomb 155

    Elite

    Semihraghe:
    Dreadnaught, extra close combat weapon, extra armour 115

    The Bloody Eight:
    8 Possessed, Icon of Khorne, rhino 273

    Troops

    Khargul's Reavers:
    7 Khorne Bezerkers
    Aspiring Champion Khargul with powerfist 208
    [go in landraider with lord]

    Borkil's Butchers:
    7 Khorne Bezerkers, 2 plasma pistols
    Aspiring Champion Borkil with power weapon and melta bombs
    Rhino 268

    Lorgor's Skulltakers:
    7 Khorne Bezerkers
    Aspiring Champion Lorgor with powerfist
    Rhino 243

    Heavy Support

    Asmodeous:
    Vindicator: Possessed by the Daemon Asmodeous 145

    Samhael
    Landraider: Possessed by the Daemon Samhael 240

    Predator:
    Autocannon, Heavy bolter sponsons 100

    Total of 1747pts.

    ______________________________________________________

    What I have that can be put into the list:

    Kharne
    Daemon Prince with wings X2
    Lord on Juggernaught
    Daemon Prince on foot x1
    Greater Daemon

    8 Termies (4x combi plasma, 1 x heavy flamer, 2 x pf, 2 x LC)

    60+ Khorne bezerkers (with about 8 or so champions)
    6 rhinos

    24 lesser damons

    3 bikers with plasma

    20 raptors

    triple laz predator

    autocannon/laz predator

    3 obliterators

    Thanks in advance for the help.

    Last edited by Skarsgard; March 4th, 2009 at 23:34.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Senior Member Black_rose_00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sherbrooke, Quebec
    Age
    37
    Posts
    316
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

    A model with wings or jump pack can not ride in a vehicule (page 66 od 5ed rulebook) because they are jump infantry.

    So I would change de lord to a deamon prince with wings and mark of khorne.

    I tried the possessed in a few games and they are useless. Basic khorne berzerkers hit harder then they do. So I would take them out. Terminators are a lot better and only 4 points more.

    The dreadnauht does not need extra armor it will only be useful against one hit out of six, save the points.

    Make the terminators deepstrike so take 1-2 icons that you will put in squads to get them right on target. Icons are only X points so they are really worth it to get the termis on target.

    To get all 8 terminators set up as you are you need 25 more points. So drop the power weapon, 2 plasma pistols and melta bomb in squad no2 and put a fist instead. You are at exactly 1750 points if I count right.

    Hope this helps
    "Iron Within, Iron Without"

  4. #3
    Firefly Skarsgard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Outer Rim
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,209
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

    Quote Originally Posted by Black_rose_00 View Post
    A model with wings or jump pack can not ride in a vehicule (page 66 od 5ed rulebook) because they are jump infantry.


    A model with wings can go in a transport.


    So I would change de lord to a deamon prince with wings and mark of khorne.

    I tried the possessed in a few games and they are useless. Basic khorne berzerkers hit harder then they do. So I would take them out. Terminators are a lot better and only 4 points more.

    The dreadnauht does not need extra armor it will only be useful against one hit out of six, save the points.

    Make the terminators deepstrike so take 1-2 icons that you will put in squads to get them right on target. Icons are only X points so they are really worth it to get the termis on target.

    To get all 8 terminators set up as you are you need 25 more points. So drop the power weapon, 2 plasma pistols and melta bomb in squad no2 and put a fist instead. You are at exactly 1750 points if I count right.

    Hope this helps
    Good call on the extra armour on the dready. I will get rid of it and maybe put a havoc launcher on the predator.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

  5. #4
    Member HybridChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard View Post
    Tourney list for next month. Comments and criticisms welcome, I want the list to be effective but also have some fun to it.


    HQ

    Lord Skarsgard:
    Mark of Khorne, Plasma Pistol, Powerweapon, Wings, Melta Bomb 155

    Elite

    Semihraghe:
    Dreadnaught, extra close combat weapon, extra armour 115

    The Bloody Eight:
    8 Possessed, Icon of Khorne, rhino 273

    Troops

    Khargul's Reavers:
    7 Khorne Bezerkers
    Aspiring Champion Khargul with powerfist 208
    [go in landraider with lord]

    Borkil's Butchers:
    7 Khorne Bezerkers, 2 plasma pistols
    Aspiring Champion Borkil with power weapon and melta bombs
    Rhino 268

    Lorgor's Skulltakers:
    7 Khorne Bezerkers
    Aspiring Champion Lorgor with powerfist
    Rhino 243

    Heavy Support

    Asmodeous:
    Vindicator: Possessed by the Daemon Asmodeous 145

    Samhael
    Landraider: Possessed by the Daemon Samhael 240

    Predator:
    Autocannon, Heavy bolter sponsons 100

    Total of 1747pts.

    ______________________________________________________

    What I have that can be put into the list:

    Kharne
    Daemon Prince with wings X2
    Lord on Juggernaught
    Daemon Prince on foot x1
    Greater Daemon

    8 Termies (4x combi plasma, 1 x heavy flamer, 2 x pf, 2 x LC)

    60+ Khorne bezerkers (with about 8 or so champions)
    6 rhinos

    24 lesser damons

    3 bikers with plasma

    20 raptors

    triple laz predator

    autocannon/laz predator

    3 obliterators

    Thanks in advance for the help.

    Your HW I'd swap for Kharne, he hits on 2's and wounds on 2's against MEQs on the charge. He has 2d6 armor pen to compensate for the meltabombs, but he gets all his atks not just 1. I wouldn't leave home without him.

    Your first dreadnought I'd swap one of the CC arms for a missile launcher - giving you a ranged anti-tank shot or a template vs orks/nids.

    Possesed again don't usually weigh up to beserkers - however if you find the random ability fun to play there's no real reason to change them =]

    Your beserkers are fine, I'd drop the plasma pistol though, wasted points as for the price of 2 you can take an extra zerker and still have points spare.

    Heavy Support is a good mix, just be careful in regards to your anti-tank capabilities. You have no meltaguns [or lascannons if you're launching your land raider 12"]which I consider a weakness. However if you get kharne, your dreadnought up against a tank each, and a fist squad into any walkers you should be ok
    | Hybrid Warband | __*W:7 *D:1 *L:1__
    | Hive Fleet Hybrid | __*Not Unleashed*_

  6. #5
    Firefly Skarsgard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Outer Rim
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,209
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

    HQ

    Kharne the Betrayer: 165


    Elite

    Semihraghe:
    Dreadnaught, extra close combat weapon, heavy flamer 105

    The Bloody Eight:
    8 Possessed, Icon of Khorne, rhino 273

    Troops

    Khargul's Reavers:
    7 Khorne Bezerkers
    Aspiring Champion Khargul with powerfist 208
    [go in landraider with lord]

    Borkil's Butchers:
    7 Khorne Bezerkers, 2 plasma pistols
    Aspiring Champion Borkil with power weapon and melta bombs
    Rhino 268

    Lorgor's Skulltakers:
    7 Khorne Bezerkers
    Aspiring Champion Lorgor with powerfist
    Rhino 243

    Heavy Support

    Asmodeous:
    Vindicator: Possessed by the Daemon Asmodeous 145

    Samhael
    Landraider: Possessed by the Daemon Samhael 240

    Predator:
    Autocannon, Heavy bolter sponsons 100

    Total of 1747pts.

    Better?
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

  7. #6
    Senior Member Lord Ramon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Liverpool, England
    Posts
    860
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

    Lord's with Wings only move as Jump, and do not count as Jump Infantry. It clearly states this in the 2008 Chaos FAQ.

    Kharne butchers your troops too. Use your Lord.

    Forget plasma Pistols!

    Hope this helps

    Lord Ramon

  8. #7
    Member HybridChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ramon View Post
    Lord's with Wings only move as Jump, and do not count as Jump Infantry. It clearly states this in the 2008 Chaos FAQ.

    Kharne butchers your troops too. Use your Lord.

    Forget plasma Pistols!

    Hope this helps

    Lord Ramon
    Kharne only butchers your troops if you don't use him properly.

    And drop the plasma pistols ^^
    | Hybrid Warband | __*W:7 *D:1 *L:1__
    | Hive Fleet Hybrid | __*Not Unleashed*_

  9. #8
    Firefly Skarsgard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Outer Rim
    Age
    44
    Posts
    4,209
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

    Thanks for the comments guys.

    I think Kharne will be a bit more killy than my lord, so he's in.

    Why the plasma pistol hate? There are a lot of 2+ saves floating around and it can be nice to kill a couple of termies before getting into hand to hand combat.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

  10. #9
    Member HybridChaos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Wolverhampton
    Posts
    151
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys.

    I think Kharne will be a bit more killy than my lord, so he's in.

    Why the plasma pistol hate? There are a lot of 2+ saves floating around and it can be nice to kill a couple of termies before getting into hand to hand combat.
    First off is the overheat. Nice chance to kill yourself on a 1, losing the 21 points outright.

    Beserker = 21 points
    Plasma Pistol = 15 points

    Beserker gives you WS5 BS4 S5 I5 A4 on the charge. and his bolt shot
    Plasma Pistol gives you S7 AP2 from BS4

    First, compare the pistol shots

    Both hit on 3's. [66.6% chance to hit]
    Bolt wounds on 4's [33.3% to hit and wound] then a 3+ save is 11% chance to hit,wound,and cause a failed save.
    Plasma wounds on 2's [55.5% to hit and wound]. So not including the overheat, its a 44.5% chance to cause 1 more wound

    Beserker charges, hitting on 3's. [66.6% chance to hit]
    wounding on 3's [44.3% chance to hit and wound] then a 3+ save is 14.8% chance to hit,wound and cause a failed save, per attack
    4 attacks means 59.1% chance to cause a failed save. Add the bolter shot is 70.1% chance.

    For an extra 5 points you've doubled your chances of causing a wound, havn't worried about overheat, and got an extra model for kill points calculations etc.

    I can't be bothered to attempt to do any more math, sorry if mine's out but you're bound to get the message.
    Last edited by HybridChaos; March 17th, 2009 at 00:56.
    | Hybrid Warband | __*W:7 *D:1 *L:1__
    | Hive Fleet Hybrid | __*Not Unleashed*_

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts