[1750] Games Day Potential List (Heavy Walkers) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

[1750] Games Day Potential List (Heavy Walkers)

A list I might bring to Games Day soon!

Chaos Lord - Daemon Weapon (rides with Berzerkers)

Dreadnought - Missile Launcher, DCCW

Khorne Berzerkers (x7 ) - Rhino, Skull Champion with Powerfist
    Chaos Space Marines (x10 ) - Rhino, Champion with Powerfist, Meltaguns (x2), Icon of Chaos Glory
    Chaos Space Marines (x10 ) - Rhino, Champion with Powerfist, Meltaguns (x2), Icon of Chaos Glory

Defiler - (+2 DCCW)
    Defiler - (+2 DCCW)
    Preadtor - Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsons

NOTES: The whole idea is to swamp the opponent with armor and walkers, I've had good results vs Space Marine and Grey Knights thus far, haven't fought anyone else yet. My biggest concern is ranged AT, I think it's a little weak on that. Thanks guys! Oh, and also it's about 8 pts short, I usually spend the points on the Pred to give it something to do if it loses it's turret. And if you like it better, I can switch the Lord for a Winged Daemon Prince w/ Mark of Slaneesh

Last edited by hotspike18; March 18th, 2009 at 20:28.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I might be wrong, but I think you're over the point limit for a 1750pt match with that list.
    I'm reading 1973pts in total.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by hotspike18 View Post
    A list I might bring to Games Day soon!

Chaos Lord - Daemon Weapon (rides with Berzerkers)

Khorne Berzerkers (x8 ) - Rhino, Skull Champion with Powerfist

Defiler - (+2 DCCW)
    Defiler - (+2 DCCW)
    Preadtor - Twin-Linked Lascannon Turret

NOTES: The whole idea is to swamp the opponent with armor and walkers, I've had good results vs Space Marine and Grey Knights thus far, haven't fought anyone else yet. My biggest concern is ranged AT, I think it's a little weak on that. Thanks guys! Oh, and also it's about 8 pts short, I usually spend the points on the Pred to give it something to do if it loses it's turret. And if you like it better, I can switch the Lord for a Winged Daemon Prince w/ Mark of Slaneesh
    It's nice and neat and Im sure fun to play =]. I'd change your pred to autocannon/las sponsons.

And your list may need some help against nids + orks. Find some extra points to consider putting havoc launchers on a rhino or two or even combi flamers =] . I ride my nought with missile launcher + ccwep with h.flamer. You should consider spending that extra 5 points for taking out those few extra green boys imo.

Otherwise, solid list
    | Hybrid Warband | __*W:7 *D:1 *L:1__
    | Hive Fleet Hybrid | __*Not Unleashed*_

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Deathklat - I double checked my math and I'm almost 100% sure that my numbers are accurate. But I'll get someone else to look em over just in case.

Hybrid - Yeah, it's much fun to play Probably a good call with the Heavy Flamer. I'll go ahead and throw that in there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, It me who miscalculated. Did it in the new exl. and forgot about a fast choice I had in my own army ^^.. My bad.

. But as for the list, I really like it! I'd actually consider playing it when I get the models I miss to get there.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Hotspike, it's a very aggressive list. While you're slightly weak against enemy armor, at the same time, you have plenty of c.c. brutes that can manage vehicles in c.c., 6 melta guns, and a handful of fists.

One suggestion to help: Switch your pred to auto-hull & las-sponson. In order to gain the required points, drop the zerker squad down to 7. With the lord accompanying them, they should still be fine (more than fine, really). Then, drop the heavy flamer on the one dread. This, combined with your remaining 8 points, should grant you all the points you need for the above change.

At Game's Day competitions, I think you're really making a mistake by not taking a better tank busting pred.

Your old bud
    ~Rabbit
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

283 (x6)

Rabbit! Heya dude! - Good suggestion with the Predator, I've been previously dropping more and more to shave it down to 1750. I'll change the list up. As for bringing this to Games Day, probably not this year to be honest, I just don't have the models, and I think a simple "redundant" mech list (3 Preds, 4 Troops, Termies and Lord) is probably more effective and versatile, but this list is just a lot of fun to play.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Agreed. That's similar to what I run in competitive tournis: 4 troops, 3 preds, 2 dreads, 1 prince. Good overall redundancy (4:3:2:1- gotta love the stack on that)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

283 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
    Agreed. That's similar to what I run in competitive tournis: 4 troops, 3 preds, 2 dreads, 1 prince. Good overall redundancy (4:3:2:1- gotta love the stack on that)
    What equipment do you run them all with?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

Well, for starters, my list is 1850. Here's what it looks like. Note: This is my ultra-competitive list. It's boring and not very enjoyable to command. For casual games, I applaud the full use of our codex, and put into play chosen, termis, zerkers, greater daemons, defilers, and other kids too.

Prince: (winged, MoS, lash)

Dreads: (c.c. weapon, missile launcher)
    (Really the only way to go IMO. If you lose control of him, and he ends up targeting your side, then you opt for the frag option. At 100 points, they're down right invaluable for assisting my spearhead and heckling enemy rhinos. I've grown to see our dreads as key 'bridge' components for certain types of builds)

Plagues: (8x, 2x meltas, 1x champ with fist, rhino)

Preds: las-sponsons

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast