Librarium Online Forums banner

Trying for fun, playable, a little different - 1500

211 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Aether-Moose 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys, I'm trying to make a list in 1500pts that breaks away from the form I've been toying with for a couple of months now. I'm set on at least trying out a unit of Possessed. Anyways, just keep in mind I don't want this turning into the Dual Lash Prince, Plague Marines, and Obliterators lists that we all know are very solid, and if, at all possible, I want as much fluffiness as I can get. Mkay.

-=HQ=-
[1] Daemon Prince - 155
- Wings
- Mark of Slaanesh
- Lash of Submission

-= Troops=-
[10] Chaos Space Marines - 255
- 2 Meltaguns
- Aspiring Champion with Powerfist
- Icon of Chaos Glory

[1] Rhino Transport

[10] Chaos Space Marines - 255
- 2 Meltaguns
- Aspiring Champion with Powerfist
- Icon of Chaos Glory

[1] Rhino Transport

[10] Khorne Berzerkers - 275
- Skull Champion with Powerfist
[1] Rhino Transport

-=Fast Attack=-
[8] Chaos Raptors - 245
- Aspiring Champion with Pair of Lightning Claws, Meltabombs
- Icon of Khorne
- 2 Flamers

-=Heavy Support=-
[1] Chaos Defiler - 150
- 2 Dreadnought Close Combat Arms

[1] Chaos Defiler - 150
- 2 Dreadnought Close Combat Arms

-=Total=-
1495 points
39 Models
5 vehicles

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
A very aggressive build. Aside from you having virtually no options for combating enemy tanks at range, it's a rather solid list. Drop the champ from the possessed squad, as you're merely paying an additional 10 points for a measiy +1A. Then, give their rhino a combi-melta. Opponents often forget about the combi-melta when it's attached to a rhino; it's a great way to decimate a land raider without anyone paying you heed.

Side: Your total vehicle count is 6 (not 5) ;)

#3 ·
I think you might be a little light handed on AT power, I guess just consider changing the Plasmaguns on the Rhino squad to Meltaguns like the other one. So far as I can tell, the Meltaguns (and possibly the Prince or Defilers with really good rolls) are the only things that can handle armor 14. Just something to think about.

#4 ·
I've been giving builds like this some recent thought, you know, the kind that put to the wayside the thought of long range tank busting and go straight for the jugular. I'm still not sold, but this list will brutalize any MEQ list that aims to take the fight into c.c.. Likewise, the same can be said for pretty much any c.c. oriented opponent (there's just so much c.c. hate packed into Moose's list). In fact, I think lists like these can mange virtually any race, so long as it's not put up against a mobile skimmer army, such as Eldar or Tau. I'd be interested to see the results.

#5 ·
Thanks for the quick feedback guys!

I realize that I do have significantly less ranged anti-tank power than is smart, but my main motive is to bypass armor altogether in the beginning and try to decimate troops and non-armored Heavy Support as quickly as possible. If I can knock out a solid block of troops, there'll be way less in the way of Powerfists and Meltaguns taking care of armor (provided it doesn't fly, as Rabbit pointed out. Here I can really only realy on MAYBE the prince and I guess the Defilers. Objective victory...?)

I really like aggressive builds :D I guess since I tried out a World Eaters army in 4th Ed. I've never really been satisfied to stay at range. I'm excited to get to use Defilers, a Prince and Possessed (not to mention Berzerkers, yum) in the same list.

So, changes: Minor, but super helpful!
I dropped the Possessed Champion upgrade and bought the possessed rhino a combi-melta, like you suggested Rabbit. Hotspike, I also swapped the Plasmas for Meltas, both to up my AT power and because they fit the agressive assault theme of the army. I used the 10 points from that to give ther Berzerker rhino a Combi-Melta too. Now every sqaud has tank-busting ability!

Thanks alot guys, I'm excited to get some playtesting done and report back here. If you have anymore advice, keep it coming :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.