1550 Mixed Gods List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

1550 Mixed Gods List

This is my first attempt at a more competitive demon list, and I was wondering what everyone thought of it:

HQ

Herald of Slaanesh on chariot w/unholy might, musk [90]

Herald of Tzeench on chariot w/breath of chaos, master of sorcery, Icon [125]

TROOP

10 Pink Horrors w/chameleon [175]

10 Bloodthirsters [160]

9 Plaguebearers w/icon [160]

ELITE

3 Flamers of Tzeentch [105]

3 Flamers of Tzeentch [105]

5 Fiends of Slaanesh [150]

HEAVY

Daemon Prince w/MoT, Bolt of Tzeentch, Daemonic Gaze [160]

1st Wave

All 3 Princes
    Chariot of Tzeentch
    Chariot of Slaanesh
    5 Fiends of Slaanesh

2nd Wave

3 Flamers of Tzeentch
    3 Flamers of Tzeentch
    9 Plaguebearers
    10 Pink Horrors
    10 Bloodthirsters

The princes are for anti-Meq and armor, the flamers are for horde/meq, and the plaguebearers are for sitting on objectives.

How's it look?

Last edited by mynameisgrax; March 27th, 2009 at 21:14. Reason: changed the list
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I wouldn't put Icons on those Sheralds, they're pretty soft. I'd prefer Sopoforic Musk for the rubber band effect.

Daemonettes are unimpressive, Fiends are superior.

I like the DPs, but any medium S, multi-shot weaponry will be the death of them (Lootas, Dakkaguns, dakka Predators). Iron Hide or Fateweaver help a lot.

It seems fairly slow and soft, nothing really sticks out as awesome. Some Fiends, a Greater Daemon, and the like would help a lot here.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

I like the daemonettes. They have both fleet and rending, and they can claim objectives. I can see fiends being useful as well, but I'd have to ditch something else.

Personal Icons work for the strategies I have in mind for them (Princes in front, chariots behind them, and then they drop everything in on subsequent turns).

I like the slaanesh chariots too. They have a good number of attacks and a very good number of wounds. They're not that soft either, not when demon princes are dropped along with them. The opponent shoots them up? Fine. That means he's ignoring my demon princes. Besides, for the cost of one Greater Demon, I can field 3 chariots, and each chariot has the same leadership, save, and number of attacks as the Demon, and (with the exception of the great unclean one) the herald on the chariot has more wounds too.

Ironhide would be nice, but it doesn't seem worth the 90 points it'd cost for 3, not when they already have a 4+ invulnerable save.

I'll look over the list and see if I can fit in some fiends. What's a good unit size for them?

Thanks for the help!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Cheap MoS chariots are ok. They are not really worth pumping in the large amount of firepower to get them to roll over. I would prefer MoT chariots with MoS, Legion and bolt. They cost 10 more points but survive better and have 2 shooting attacks to engage both tanks and infantry on the same turn.

Elites: Brilliant

Troops: If you went for MoT chariots then merge the PBs and give them an icon. Drop thr nurglings as they need to be in larger units to have an efect. Other troop choices are fine.

Heavy: Perfect. They are just about cheap enough to make it not worth the while to be shot at. as you arrive thin out massed infantry who can still bolter these guys to death.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Alright you want competative daemons.

Competative daemon army list

Hq
    Blood thirster or fate weaver are your best choices here

Elites
    Blood crushers for the win, if 5 can take down 30 boys by themselves then it should speak for itself.

ONE unit of 6 fiends to clean up messes, or 2 of 3 w/e floats your boat

Troops
    PB's to hold objectives

Suicide daemonettes, 20 is the only way to make them relatively survivable ( hence why my 20 killed abaddon the despoiler & his retinue)

Bloodletters to come in and finish off units the PB's or daemonettes tied up

Fast
    Never liked daemon fast attack (except screamers in all nurgle)

Hvy
    DP'S DP'S and more DP's depends on your play style/ what you want to do with them in order to get them perfectly tooled. I personally prefer slaanesh princes, while my friends would prefer khorne and nurgle.

Honestly just depends on your play style. I'd also like to apolagize for being rather rash thats just what I do! I've become WAY too competative over the years .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

HQ: Any Greater Daemon or Herald(Except nurgle unless they are suicide BoC for tally)if the rest of your army is built to support them.

Elites: Every elite choice are all good

Troops:
    Plaguebearers for objectives
    Bloodletters for CC
    Nurglings for tying up units
    Horrors for shooting
    Daemonnettes- the poorest choice for troops outside of them being the cheapest and they can assault into terrain at their high I.

Heavy Support: Both are really good choices if geared right and should sit about 160 points either way you go.

Fast attack: Screamers are about the only good thing out of this slot as they do what most other daemons can't.
    My upcoming blog in the works:
    http://plasticrackminis.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

511 (x8)

Hmm...

I still like daemonettes, but for this list, I can see that pink horrors would be more effective. I've added them, shuffled some of the units around a bit, and added a herald of Tzeentch.

How's it look?

+ Reply to Thread