Heavy Fire Tzeentch - 1500pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heavy Fire Tzeentch - 1500pts

HQ.

Herald of Tzeentch-#1-95pts
    (We are Legion, Master of Sorcery, Bolt of Tzeentch,)

Troops.

Pink Horrors-#10-205pts
    (Chaos Icon, Bolt of Tzeentch,)

Pink Horrors-#10-205pts
    (Chaos Icon, Bolt of Tzeentch,)

Pink Horrors-#10-195pts
    (Chaos Icon,)

Pink Horrors-#10-195pts
    (Chaos Icon,)

Heavy Support.

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch-#1-160pts
    (Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Daemonic Gaze)

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch-#1-160pts
    (Mark of Tzeentch, Bolt of Tzeentch, Daemonic Gaze)

---1500pts---

ya i think this is about as shooty as Daemons can get at 1500pts with this list as you can see its the same on both sides so it will go 10 horrors 10horrors (1 with BoT) 1 Prince and each Herald go in a group of horrors so its set up like this trun 1 ill get 3-4 BoT 3 DG and 60 warpfire shots (if i dont do the BoT) well thats it tell me what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Well you don't need icons in daemons and especially not 4 in 1500.

Dropping bolts and the icons gives you almost enough for another DP. Think the changling would be useful. I think this would struggle as is for most missions. You don't have any solid troops for holding objectives and you have 10 KPs that are pretty easy to kill with massed fire. Bolts are the only way for taking out vehicles which are far from reliable and even farther from taking down the vehicles you will want to take down, unless you are able to drop behind them. A big thing that mono t has is it can DS and shoot, but if you don't kill things that can drop templates on you you lose alot of units the following turn and most of the template dropping units are vehicles that you wont hurt with bolt easily needing 4s and 5s just to glance.
    My upcoming blog in the works:
    http://plasticrackminis.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

Tyrius has a point, you only need 2 icons in 1500, mostly as a precaution.

If your going to use tzeentch heralds, go for chariots, gives em' more wounds.

2 Dp's is OK for 1500, 3 gives you a better backbone but its up to you.

Hope this helped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x1)

Really, it's a mono-Tzeentch list; you don't need icons at all. I don't argue in favor of icons anytime except for melee-heavy Daemon lists.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

I would take 1 icon, Put my heralds in chariots and try for 3 cheap princes with bolt or gaze rather than the two you have. Drop your horrors to 9 strong if you need the points.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

My only suggestion is to ditch 1 of the icons and the both bolts in your horrors and have the 2 icons in your first wave, with 1 back up should a 1 or 2 be rolled also slim down the horrors into squads of 8 as 30 shots is a bit overkill.

Also take a Changling he's pure gold for 5pts forcing a unit to either hold it's fire or shoot a friendly unit, mine caused a squad of 7 stealthsuits to gun down some nearby battlesuits earning above 10X it's point cost, it's a must.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

As a player of the shooty Tzeentch list here's what I've learned (and I learned it rather quickly). Without grinders your don't have enough anti infantry. I know, I know, people disagree, and I know why. Against almost anything you do have enough. But try playing against Nurgle, Vanilla spam marines or crons without them and you'll see what I mean. As such a pair of grinders (occasionally three) is mandatory for me. I believe ===Me=== and I had this out a while back with regards to shooty Tzeentch. Generally the DPs aren't really worth it for AT, considering you can get bolt from heralds and the grinders can shred a tank in combat (don't forget fleet, it helps). I think the consensus was a Tzeentchi DP was only really worth it with MoT and BoT. Just run towards the enemy bolting tanks, then assault.

So what I'd advise, dropping a herald, dropping a daemon prince, and dropping all your chaos icons. Then, give all the heralds chariots, get the changeling (he rocks), pick up a pair of grinders, drop gaze on the remaining DP, then pick up another herald if you have points, and if you have more points left (doubtful) more horrors, or some flamers.

By doing this, you increase your combat potential (with a pair of grinders) as Tzeentchi DPs are a little flimsy, in addition to your anti MEQ, while it could be argued that your AT increases, as SGs are horribly effective against vehicles in CC. Although, you do suffer somewhat from mass MCs, which is why I like my flamers (only one unit, specifically for anti MC foremost) and LoC.

Hope I helped

~{Archy}~
    omgitsduane:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, looks pretty good but i agree with the others, drop the bolts and icons on your troops lots more points for more stuff, and do give your hearlds chariots, it would do them a lot of good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hay thanks for the help so far all of you. i think im going to be adding Fate Waver back to the list now this is a bit off the wall but im thinking of going with 6 sets of 7 of 8 horrors with 2 Icons and 2 sets of 3 Screamers and im trying to think else to add. (if its not Tzeentch its cool) tell me what you think.

+ Reply to Thread