2000pts - Friendly - PreHeresy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

2000pts - Friendly - PreHeresy

Lord - Khorne - Lightning Claws
    9 Berzerkers - Champ with Fist
    Land Raider - Extra Armour

2x 10 Man Squads + Champ with Fist, 2x Flamers, Rhino's with Armour

2x 10 Man Squads + Champ with Power Weapon, Plasma gun, Hvy Bolter, Rhino with Armour

2x Pred annihilators with Sponson Lascannon

Right, Thats about 25pts less than 2000pts. The only thing i can think of spending it on is upgrading the power weapons to powerfists.

This is a Pre-Heresy list rather than a chaos list so no Deamons or Possessed. The 'berzerkers' are chapter command hence the WS5. Just wondered what you guys thought of it and how it would play. For 2500 i was thinking about 2 units of 5 bikers and using the JEtBike model from The master of the ravenwing. That would lend some more speed to the army at least!!! Other than that the army does what it looks like.

50 Bodies, 4 Transports and 3 heavy tanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lord borak View Post
    Lord - Khorne - Lightning Claws
    9 Berzerkers - Champ with Fist
    Land Raider - Extra Armour

2x 10 Man Squads + Champ with Fist, 2x Flamers, Rhino's with Armour

2x 10 Man Squads + Champ with Power Weapon, Plasma gun, Hvy Bolter, Rhino with Armour

2x Pred annihilators with Sponson Lascannon

Right, Thats about 25pts less than 2000pts. The only thing i can think of spending it on is upgrading the power weapons to powerfists.

This is a Pre-Heresy list rather than a chaos list so no Deamons or Possessed. The 'berzerkers' are chapter command hence the WS5. Just wondered what you guys thought of it and how it would play. For 2500 i was thinking about 2 units of 5 bikers and using the JEtBike model from The master of the ravenwing. That would lend some more speed to the army at least!!! Other than that the army does what it looks like.

50 Bodies, 4 Transports and 3 heavy tanks.
    Now much I can see too wrong with it. Lightning claws are a nasty choice on something like a Lord; Re-rolling wounds is always fun. Kept him options-light too, so it's not a huge deal if you lose him. If he's rolling with the 'Zerkers in the Land Raider, that's going to be one nasty unit to deal with in close combat for sure.

The two 10 man squads with Fists and Flamers should also be a bit of a pain for your opponent once they hit CC, especially if it's Guard/Orks/Nids.

Only beef I can really see with the troops are the two Plasma/Heavy Bolter 10 man squads. You're generally going to be moving all the time, either in the transport, or once disembarked, and a weapon like the Heavy Bolter that requires your squad to stand still is going to be more of a liability than an asset. With the stock Bolter/Bolt Pistol+CC Weapon wargear of the marines, anything that has them either not advancing on the enemy and ending up in assault is going to waste their potential. Consider another plasma in that squad, or meltas instead. S7 should be great for anything under T4, while Meltas are fun for either popping tanks, or getting a couple nice free kills on T4+ models, with a nice AP, and assault to boot!

I normally have a thing against the insane cost of the Annihilator pattern Preds, but with the rest of your list a bit light on anti-tank, with the exception of the Land Raider, 2 extra twin-linked Lascannon shots aren't going to hurt you at all, and with 4 Rhinos and the aforementioned Land Raider cruising down the battlefield, your opponent is going to have a tough time deciding what piece of armor he wants to shoot.

Looks like it should be a fun list to play, regardless. Keeping a pre-heresy feel means you don't get to use a lot of the really neat Chaos stuff, but our basic troops are great as it is, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Every squad is a potential close combat machine, Lord and Zerkers a bit more so, and 7 tanks is going to keeps your opponent second-guessing himself about what he should shoot when.
    [Thousand Sons]
    [Tyranids - Unnamed Hive Fleet]
    [Tau Empire]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you wanted you could slap a dread in there since they did have dreads in preheresy just not many. plus you could throw in a small terminator squad. that way it still looks like preheresy since you dont HAVE to have marks on these.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloodening View Post
    Only beef I can really see with the troops are the two Plasma/Heavy Bolter 10 man squads. You're generally going to be moving all the time, either in the transport, or once disembarked, and a weapon like the Heavy Bolter that requires your squad to stand still is going to be more of a liability than an asset. With the stock Bolter/Bolt Pistol+CC Weapon wargear of the marines, anything that has them either not advancing on the enemy!

Hmmm, I see you point. Those Heavy Bolters aint gonna be shooting much are they I guess my thinking process was that they were the 'objective takers' So would jump on the objective and stay put and hold it. And stay there giving supporting fire with. But Plasma guns still have a 24" range. Ah balls to it lol I've made the models now.

AS for Dreads. Dreads would be cool but they wouldn't be able to keep up with the rapid theme of the army, Especially seeing as the Chaos lists can't have drop pods. Termies would be cool and i even have some made up with Pre-Heresy style shoulder guards so i may well take you up on that. They'd have to wait till the 2500 list though. It'd save me the £100 i'd need to spend on a Jet Bike squad too lol.

+ Reply to Thread