new to chaos, and army list! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

new to chaos, and army list!

Hi, I normally play Black Templar, but lately I've become enthralled with the Daemons codex. Anyway, I wanted to throw together a Khornate list. I know mixed daemons are better, and thanks to the guys at Bell of Lost Souls I know how powerful Fateweaver can be, but i've always like the Khorne fluff, and this is a "just for fun" army. However, I don't know much about how Daemons work, so I was hoping to get some advice!

HQ:

Skarbrand, the Exiled One 300

Skulltaker on Chariot of Khorne 160

Elites:
    Bloodcrushers of Khorne
    6x 240

Bloodcrushers of Khorne
    6x 240

Troops:
    8x Bloodletters of Khorne 128

Heavy Support:
    Soul Grinder of Chaos with Phlegm and
    Tongue 185

total: 1509

I know I should get some icons in there somewhere, just not sure what to drop. Thanks to all that help!

Last edited by lotsa_terminators; April 4th, 2009 at 12:13.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Skarbrand works best in an army with lots of high I models that can wipe the enemy before they swing back, a normal Bloodthirster would work better here (unholy might and blessing).

I'd put Skully on a Jugger. Chariots work for normal Heralds because they're cheap, but Skulltaker will have a huge bullseye over his head.

6 Juggers are a pain in the arse to Deep Strike, considering each one is on a MC base. 4 with icon, instrument and fury works well.

8 Bloodletters is too few, go for 12 or more per unit. They're slow, and with only T4 and 5+ invulnerable they don't hold up well to enemy fire.

Grinders are great, tongue is not. Grab another or two if you can, the more big guys you can bring to bear the more pressue you put on your opponent.

Khorne armies are slow and struggle against tanks. Definitely look into adding more Grinders, Flesh Hounds or Furies to give your army the ability to catch up with faster enemies and make like easier for your slow units.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yay ==Me==, I recognize you from the B&C!

Ok, updated list?

HQ:

Bloodthirster with Unholy Might, Blessing of the Blood God 275

Skulltaker on Juggernaut of Khorne 175

Elites:

4x Bloodcrushers of Khorne with Icon 185

4x Bloodcrushers of Khorne with Icon 185

Troops:

12x Bloodletters

12x Bloodletters

Heavy Support:

Soul Grinder with Phlegm 160

Soul Grinder 135

The idea being that the Bloodcrushers would go and the Grinders would go in the first wave, the Grinders laying down some firepower while the Crushers distract the enemy for a turn, then use their icons to bring in everyone else. I would like to get more Bloodletters in the list, but that doesnt seem possible. I might test this out tonight, hopefully I can get a decent understanding of how Chaos works by them

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x2)

well...its better than the first attempt but still lacking. I agree with ==Me== alll the way with what he asid about the first atttempt, but now you have too few of troops. You have to hope you table your opponent, or at least distract him with your monstors to keep him off objectives.

My other issue has got to be the second grinder, when it comes to SG the way I fall is 3 or none. I'll make an excepion for this list because you have hard hitting blood crushers; but the second grinder needs phlegm I don't know where you'd find the points because daemons in general are expensive, but it's some food for thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

I think that could work, though you are rather light on Troops. Swapping Skully out for another Grinder or another unit of Bletters would be nice.
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

+ Reply to Thread