1500 pts Mix n Match. CC mainly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pts Mix n Match. CC mainly

Well I have been tryin my old lists out and i found that the enemy could focus fire very easly so i have created a list possibly to be strong and quick

HQ

Khorne Lord with Daemon Weapon - 140
    Daemon Prince of Slaanesh with Wings and Lash of Submission - 155

Elites

Dreadnought with Extra CCW and Extra Armour - 115

Troops

8 Khorne Berzekers with Champion and Powerfist- 208

9 Thousand Sons and Sorceror with Bolt of Change - 292

7 Noise Marines including Champion with 6 Sonic Blasters and Champion with Power Weapon - 200

Heavy Support

Landraider with Daemonic Possession - 240

Obliterator - 75

Obliterator - 75

Total - 1500

Well my idea is that the Daemon Prince and Dreadnought roll with the Landraider which has the Berzerkers and Khorne Lord, with fire support from the planted Obliterators and the steadily advancing thousand sons, who are side by side with the noise marines. the thousand sons and noise marines are there to capture and hold objectives hopefully, Noise marines are prime for this by laying down fire and charging up, and with the thousand sons cutting down enemies that try and go for that objective too, there should be no problem holding it. Noone will want to get into CC with the dread, DP and Lord (and retinue) but lash will help in gettin people who are holding an objective, out and die. I think I have enough anti tank in the form of the bolt of change, the Daemon Prince and Dreadnought, the powerfist with the Berzerkers and finally the lascannons on the Landraider and Obliterators, and as for anti infantry, combat much? with heavy fire from the noise marines and thousand sons.

So what do you think? Please tear it apart if possible, i would love positive criticism

Thanks, Wazzasonofra

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so dya think its ok? I mean the only thing im worried bout with this list is the ability to deal with hordey armies like orks, but I think my guys are good enough to tackle them, berzerkers take a lot of orks out easily and plasma cannons do indeed help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x3)

It seems alright. The only problem I can see is the shortage of men. for a 1500 point army, you've only got 28 men and 2 vehicles, which means you're going to have to seriously maximise the effectiveness of every man.

I have a feeling this is going to be a list that either loses horribly, or comes up with a flawless victory.

~ L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i had a random idea, im thinkin of swapping the thousand sons in so i could get a diffo type of set up and i think i have come up with this:

HQ

Elites

Troops

8 Khorne Berzekers with Champion and Powerfist and a Rhino- 243

9 Noise Marines including Champion with 8 Sonic Blasters and Champion with Power Weapon - 250

Heavy Support

Obliterator - 75

Obliterator - 75

Total - 1501

this allows my capturing squad of noise marines to last a bit longer but i found that yeah its all good to have AP 3 shots but when its so few and so many misses, just becomes impractical, so Ive gone orky, lots of shots will kill something, hence 24 bolter shots at static, lovley lol but yeah i love my berzerkers, theyre very efective and whats better is taht they have transport and can put pressure/capture!!!!

improvement maybe? thanks for the advice btw

Wazzasonofra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x3)

Watch out for the Land Raider by the way, seeing as it's your only heavy armour, it's likely to attract a large amount of bad attention. I wouldn't put much stock in it surviving past the second turn, unless your opponent has very few anti-tank weapons.

Also, now you're over 1500 points, you won't be legally allowed to use it in a touney, so at least for OCD's sake, take off that point somehow.

~ L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

right well i can take off the point by taking out the powerfist in the loner berzerker squad and replacing it with a power weapon instead and then with the 14 points possibly add melta bombs to the champions or the lone squads of noise marines and berzerkers

yeah i assumed that the Land raider would attract a lot of fire but my daemon prince actually attracts a lot because of the fact that it can lash and fly, but i just have the landraider as a fire magnet and to get my khorne lord and berzekrs across safely, rather than the haphazard rhino

other than that what do you think? maybe any improvements could be made?

thanks for the input, its helpin a tonne on the way Im thinkin bout army lists

Wazzasonofra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x3)

The Khornate daemon weapon is quite unreliable. I'm not saying take it out - Leave it in by all means, I'm just warning you that it has roughly a 1 in 3 chance of atacking the lord himself, and even worse, stopping the lord getting his attacks on the enemy at the same time. Of course on the occasions that it doesn't do that, he'll be pretty devastating.

Taking out the powerfist in favour of the power weapon means you aren't striking last a lot of the time as well, which will be helpful. I'd give the melta bombs to your bezerkers, they'll be closer to your enemy than the Noise marines I assume.

To be honest, I can't see the value of your Noise Marines. I love them and all, but in terms of maxing your effectiveness in battle, giving them Sonic Blasters is kind of making them a close range shooty squad with decent CC capabilities, but for the same amount of points you could take 15/16 standard CSM, with a champion equipped with a power weapon, which gives you the same amount of shooting power, more attacks in CC, and the unit will be harder to kill because of the extra members. The only downside to that is if you get into CC against high Initiative opponents like eldar, in which case they'll attack before you, but weighing it up, it'd still be more than worth it to swap them for standard CSM.

You also said the list was meant to be strong and quick. - That seems fair apart from the unit I've just been talking about, which will be the only unit left to footslog it up the battlefield. If you took the chaos marine replacement I advised, you could replace 2 or 3 of the men for a rhino for them, which would keep them up with the rest of army, meaning you're hitting your opponent all at once which would be much more effective, and it stops that unit being gunned down so much while they're walking all the way up the field.

It looks like a good list by the way

~ L
    Last edited by Dream Thief; April 10th, 2009 at 17:57.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh right i understand about the numbers in regard to the noise marines, i only took them because of the obscene amount of shots they can get from stayin still or even running and shooting, however i can try both lists out, with or without noisemarines. yeah im currently playing a game and my opponents love shooting up my prince as they see him to be more threatening really (im not suprised) but yeah i will give melta bombs to my zerks and my khorne lord actually rolls a 1 on a rare occasion, maybe because i roll 1 die at a time and say 2+ save to enhance it (because we all no terminators do no fail armour saves so i thought it could relate to the khorne lord?) but even wen he does slap himself silly he some how saves his invulnerable saves, which is a suprise, hes done me well so far. but yeah major thing to pick out from what you replied with was to try the csm instead, which i shall do next, just tryin out the noisemarines and not bad so far, taken out 8 stormboys from 24 inch range

see how it goes and will get back to ya

thanks for the help, Wazzasonofra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x3)

I wasn't worried about the Khorne lord hurting himself, It's more the chance he has of not getting any attacks at all that worries me.

But yeah, let me know how both run.

~ L

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i was playin orks and the first game was the list i put up here, and i won with ease and the noise marines did their job well takin out somewhat 30 boys, and punching a few stormboys, without losing a single noisemarine, then i ran the other list and i had the marines jump out and go into CC and they killed some boys but some died. i think the way they both differed was that the noisemarines could shoot the boyz well before combat due to the assaultness of their sonic blasters while the CSM could only bolt pistol the boys. i could only fit 10 csm though into a rhino becasue footslogging would be a sure way for them to die or be left out, becasue everything else i have is very mobile, even though the noisemarines can only go 6 inches, they can still shoot, which is why i was happier with them.

ive accepted the fate that numbers will always be my weakness, but i guess its down to me aswell as to how i use my guys and my tactics (god help me then) but yeah i understand what your sayin about body count and by all means i agree, but atm i will stick with noisemarines however on the side i will try n find a way possibly to have more bodies

thank you ever so much for the help dream thief, couldnt have done it without ya

so my list as it stands is:

HQ

Elites

Troops

8 Khorne Berzekers with Champion and Power weapon, meltabombs and a Rhino- 238

9 Noise Marines including Champion with 8 Sonic Blasters and Champion with Power Weapon - 250

Heavy Support

Obliterator - 75

Obliterator - 75

Total - 1496

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast