Two lists for Toruny - Khorne CSM - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

Two lists for Toruny - Khorne CSM

Hi guys - have a toruny coming up soon which you have to hjave 2 separate lists for.

The rules are:

first list - 1250

1HQ
    2 EL
    2-4 Troop
    2Fast
    2 Heavy

Then 1750 - has to be an addon for this to make a normal FoC - So it basically has to be an extra and separate 500 points.

I have been playing about with this for hours and it's making my head hurt so I am sure I am missing something.

What I want to include in the 1750 (roughly) is this:

2 Winged Khorne Princes
    2 Defilers
    2 CC dreads
    Landraider
    Summoned GD
    3 units of 5 lesser demons ( ilove them and use them all the time)
    2 Units of 8 Berskers (fist/icon/1 rhino - other in lr)

Whatever I try, I cannot make a useful 1250 point army and have a 500 point "block" to addon without totally gimping the whole army.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WingWong View Post
    Hi guys - have a toruny coming up soon which you have to hjave 2 separate lists for.

The rules are:

first list - 1250

1HQ
    2 EL
    2-4 Troop
    2Fast
    2 Heavy

Then 1750 - has to be an addon for this to make a normal FoC - So it basically has to be an extra and separate 500 points.

I have been playing about with this for hours and it's making my head hurt so I am sure I am missing something.

What I want to include in the 1750 (roughly) is this:

2 Winged Khorne Princes
    2 Defilers
    2 CC dreads
    Landraider
    Summoned GD
    3 units of 5 lesser demons ( ilove them and use them all the time)
    2 Units of 8 Berskers (fist/icon/1 rhino - other in lr)

Whatever I try, I cannot make a useful 1250 point army and have a 500 point "block" to addon without totally gimping the whole army.

If anyone has any suggestions please let me know

Thanks

Firstly, I think this tournament is biased against Chaos. It doesn't at all account for the points we want to spend on summoned daemons. You should be able to switch out one other type that is not troops or HQ, and fill its quota for units with summoned daemons instead. Perhaps if you talked to the tourney organiser they'd allow that.

Secondly, your 1750 point list is illegal in this instance as it doesn't follow the rules of the altered force organisation chart. None of the units you'd like to have in it are from fast attack.

This is a difficult one, and I didn't spend to long on it, so apologies for the fact that it doesn't quite match your requirements.

HQ

Daemon prince, Wings, MoK, 140

Elites

Dreadnought, 2nd CCW, Heavy Flamer, 105

Dreadnought, 2nd CCW, Heavy Flamer, 105

Troops

8 Zerkers inc/ Skull Champ, SC has PW, Personal Icon, Rhino, 238

8 Zerkers inc/ Skull Champ, SC has PW, Personal Icon, Rhino, 238

Fast Attack

5 Raptors

5 Raptors

Heavy Support

Defiler

Predator

Summoned Daemons

None.

Total: 1246

1750, 500pt addon block

HQ

Daemon Prince, wings, MoSlaanesh, Warptime, 165

Summoned Daemons

Greater daemon

5 lesser

5 lesser

8 lesser

Total: 499

End Total: 1745

I hope that even if you don't wind up using this list, that it has been of some use to you in deciding what to use.

Hopefully I didn't gimp the thing to much, even though I couldn't fit in a land raider.

Cheers.
    "Even when they have digital readouts, I can't understand them."
    -Piro episode 810 megatokyo.com

LO Chat. I will eat you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

Thanks for the reply matey - I apologise for the bad wording of my first post. What I meant about the army restrictions for the 1250 game is that all the elements of the FoC are 0- (whatever) rather than you have to have each of those.

My Bad.

I am slowly getting there I think... Although painting my renovated (eg stripped, salvaged what's left) FW bloodthirster has stolen my attention for most of the day!

I got him very cheap in a trade and the poor fella was in a bad way. He's not perfect now by any means but He will be an awesome Summoned GD.

Im gonna spend some time looking at the lists with a fresh pair of eyes now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow that's tough

This may not be specific but break you army down in blocks of 500 points. Starting with the basic hq and 2 troops,my next block would include elite and heavies for fire support or something to put u over the top. With the remaining 250 i would include something that helps me win games liek rhinos or a small unit of raptors. The last 500 would be bells and whistles stuff that make your oppenent sweat or cry. sometimes when problems are overwhelming i break them down into smaller manageable chunks and then can elimenate them one by one. Its amazing sometimes when you break a large list down it is actually built upon a core group of units or theme and then built up layer by layer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WingWong View Post
    Thanks for the reply matey - I apologise for the bad wording of my first post. What I meant about the army restrictions for the 1250 game is that all the elements of the FoC are 0- (whatever) rather than you have to have each of those.

My Bad.

I am slowly getting there I think... Although painting my renovated (eg stripped, salvaged what's left) FW bloodthirster has stolen my attention for most of the day!

I got him very cheap in a trade and the poor fella was in a bad way. He's not perfect now by any means but He will be an awesome Summoned GD.

Im gonna spend some time looking at the lists with a fresh pair of eyes now
    Oops

Well, that might make it easier to make a list... I might give it another try later today, too busy at the moment.

The Forgeworld Bloodthirster sounds like it'll make the best summoned daemon ever. Doesn't it have wings though? Please don't take them off, just say they're ornamental or something, cutting the wings off that model to match the rules for summoned daemons is practically blasphemy against Khorne.

Good luck with the salvage operation, and also the lists.
    "Even when they have digital readouts, I can't understand them."
    -Piro episode 810 megatokyo.com

LO Chat. I will eat you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x1)

Yeh - he's never had wings for some reason.

He now has a shield! not particularly Khorne but A: It's a cool shield (FW Khorne Symbol) and b: His hand/whip was so ruined and I suck at GS hands

I will post a cheeky pic when he's done.

At the moment, I think I am slowsly getting there with the list

Something like:

1250:

DP
    GD

Dread

Berserkers - Rhino/Fist
    Berserkers - to go in LR

1x lesser demons

Defiler
    LR

then 1750 is:

DP
    DP
    GD

2 Dreads - CC

2 units of zerkers
    3 units of lesser demons

defiler
    defiler
    Landraider

I would love to have more troops of daemons in the 1250 list but cant really see how it's going to work.

Bloodthirster is coming along now - skin and armour done - just need to do trim/horns/detailing/weapons

+ Reply to Thread