1700 Tournament List Mech Heavy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

1700 Tournament List Mech Heavy

Hi all,

I have this Iron Warriors list that I wan't your opinion on.

HQ
    Lord + Daemon Weapon 130

Elites
    4 Terminators with PFist 130
    - In a Land Raider 220

Troops
    10 CSM, Champion, PFist, 2 melta-gun, IoCG, Rhino 255

9 Khorne Berzerkers, Champion, PFist (ride in Land Raider) 229

Heavy Support
    Land Raider 220
    Predator AC sponson Lascannon 130

Total 1699 points

The lord may ride in any of the 2 Land Raiders. I'm one troop short of what I like to play usually but point wise fitting a forth troop in a 2 raider list is pretty hard.

"Iron Within, Iron Without"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Black_rose_00 View Post
    HQ
    Lord + Daemon Weapon 130
    If you can get it, spend an extra 15 points and get him in Terminator armor. He'd be better to back up the Termies, since the Zerkers have a load of attacks already. Plus if he's in Terminator armour you don't have to worry about mixed saves.

Elites
    4 Terminators with PFist 130
    - In a Land Raider 220
    Consider giving some/all of your Termies Lightning claws. For the same amount of points you get re-roll to wound power weapons, which is real nice against a whole number of things, swarms specifically. The ability to throw out a load of armour ignoring attacks before your opponent gets to strike is tactically advantageous towards the survival of your Termies.

Troops

9 Khorne Berzerkers, Champion, PFist (ride in Land Raider) 229
    Consider switching out the Meltas on the Marines for Plasmas. With the amount of anti-tank you've got going on with Lascannons, you don't really need the extra from the Marines. Plasmas will be better in most cases for more chances to crack high-save troops, regardless of the small chance of frying your own guys.

Heavy Support
    Land Raider 220
    Quite a few lascannons, which doesn't hurt at all. Are all dedicated transports ignored for a Force Organization Slot, or am I missing something? The idea of being able to fit 6 Land Raiders into an army leads me to believe the "Does not count on the FOC" is for Rhino's only. This would mean you'd have 2 Land Raiders and a Predator for your Heavies instead, which still isn't bad.
    [Thousand Sons]
    [Tyranids - Unnamed Hive Fleet]
    [Tau Empire]

jur
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can get it, spend an extra 15 points and get him in Terminator armor. He'd be better to back up the Termies, since the Zerkers have a load of attacks already. Plus if he's in Terminator armour you don't have to worry about mixed saves.
    Correct

Consider giving some/all of your Termies Lightning claws. For the same amount of points you get re-roll to wound power weapons, which is real nice against a whole number of things, swarms specifically. The ability to throw out a load of armour ignoring attacks before your opponent gets to strike is tactically advantageous towards the survival of your Termies.
    Correct, you already have a hugh amount of anti-tank stuff

Consider switching out the Meltas on the Marines for Plasmas. With the amount of anti-tank you've got going on with Lascannons, you don't really need the extra from the Marines. Plasmas will be better in most cases for more chances to crack high-save troops, regardless of the small chance of frying your own guys.
    Also correct but you don't want rappit fire weapons in units for close-combat so you must consider wich units you want to give plasma guns

Quite a few lascannons, which doesn't hurt at all. Are all dedicated transports ignored for a Force Organization Slot, or am I missing something? The idea of being able to fit 6 Land Raiders into an army leads me to believe the "Does not count on the FOC" is for Rhino's only. This would mean you'd have 2 Land Raiders and a Predator for your Heavies instead, which still isn't bad.
    This is not correct. Terminators my take a landraider as a dedicated unit. So you can have three landraiders as dedicated transport for three elite choice terminator units and
    three landraiders as heavy choice.

In general this army is having a huch amount of anti-tank weapons but I think it will be in trouble agains horde type of enemy's, either shooting one's or CC one's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jur View Post
    This is not correct. Terminators my take a landraider as a dedicated unit. So you can have three landraiders as dedicated transport for three elite choice terminator units and
    three landraiders as heavy choice.
    It was late, and I wasn't really awake enough to go check the rules for dedicated transports. I knew Rhinos didn't count, but I wasn't sure if something crazy like the Land Raider wouldn't also. Thanks for clearing that up.
    [Thousand Sons]
    [Tyranids - Unnamed Hive Fleet]
    [Tau Empire]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

With 5ed mixed armor saves doesn't change a thing, your opponent can always make you roll saves seperatly the moment every model already gets a to wound assigned to it.

I like the idea of the claws, the only thing I can see droping is a khorne berzerker.

Maybe two melta squads is to much, I'll consider changing the meltas from one squad to flamers, costs less and deals with swarms quit nicely. I used to love plasma but being more costly then meltas, not being assault and almost everybody getting 4+ cover saves made me change ideas about their usefullnes, not even considering the odd get hots that screws you up.

Thanks for the input so far, anymore ideas anybody.
    "Iron Within, Iron Without"

+ Reply to Thread