2,000pt competative - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

2,000pt competative

Chaos Space Marine

HQ

Chaos Sorcerer of Slaanesh. MoS, Personal Icon, Wings, Melta Bombs, Lash of Submission [155pts]

ELITE

Squad of 4 Chaos Terminators: 3x Combi-Plasmagun & Power Weapon, 1x Power Fist & Heavy Flamer [150pts]

TROOPS

Squad of 10 Berzerkers: Skull Champion has Personal Icon & Power Fist [255pts]

Squad of 10 Chaos Space Marines: IOCG, 2x Plasmaguns. Champion has Power Fist [230pts]
    Squad of 10 Chaos Space Marines: IOCG, 2x Plasmaguns. Champion has Power Fist [230pts]

Squad of 8 Summoned Daemons: CCW [104pts]

HEAVY

Chaos Land Raider: Extra Armour, Dozer Blade [240pts] <For the Berzerkers>

Squad of Chaos Havocs: 4x Bolters, 4x Heavy Bolters [180pts]

Squad of 3 Obliterators: [225pts]

1,999points

Sorceror hangs with the CSM squads, using Wings to move quickly. Melta Bombs because I had 6pts spare.

An option is to replace the Raider with a Rhino and a Defiler. Do you this this would be better?

Comment and criticism appreciated.

Lord Ramon

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

LR or Rhino & Defiler: Before I get into this, let me first start by talking about your need for transports. Even with the new 'run' mechanic, your infantry need some means of consistently getting to the enemy, as well as the protective housing of a transport in order to preserve their numbers. Every one of your units needs a rhino. Plus, in a 2000 point game, it's a very bad idea to only have a single vehicle (i.e., the land raider), as it will be the obvious target of enemy tank busting weaponry. At the 2000 mark, it doesn't take much even for taking down a land raider.

As far as the question goes, it's really up to you. I typically prefer a higher count of smaller vehicles than a single monstrous beast like the land raider, as it divies up your investments.

Sorcerer: For the same cost, you *could* get a winged prince with lash, which is generally regarded as a superior HQ.

Land Raider: For 5 points more you can get daemonic possession instead of extra armor. Land Raiders are one of those vehicles that aren't severely affected by the reduced BS of daemonic possession, as their las-canons are twin-linked. Why dozer blade?

Havocs: Seeing as how you really only have the three oblits as your primary tank busters (as the Land Raider won't come into play on this account until round 2, maybe even round 3), your havocs should probably be switched to one of our higher strength options. Both autocannons and missile launchers are the prime armaments for our havocs, because they provide a solid level of firepower at a cost-effective price.
    Last edited by Rabbit; April 28th, 2009 at 16:51.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

HQ: Lash prince is better all round but vulnerable to massed fire to kill it. Sorceror is less useful but can hide in units. All the personal Icons can go as you don't need more than 3 for 1 unit of 8 daemons.

Elites: Cheap and cheerful.

Troops: Skull champs often take PW to make use of furious charge. His Icon gan go too. Standard CSM squads are fine.

I'm not as in favour of rhinos as Rabbit and regularly use 5 squads of CSMs on foot. Turn one you run about 9" turn 2 you move 6" and fire 12" with lovely plasma death. That makes a total of 27" that should be easily enough to get in range. Yes you loose a turns firing but if the enemy stays put rhino equippeg CSMs have to wait to fire until turn 2. You also take casualties on the way but you save 140 points by not buying rhinos. That makes 9 casualties you have to take on turn one to not be in credit. Enemy units also often move towards you such as assault horde armies and so you are glad you havent wasted points on taxis.

Heavy: Might want to take preds and vindicators if you take rhinos to dilute antitank fire.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

I'm really not keen on using a single DP, and much prefer to 'embed' my HQs into units. Most often either my DPs have to hide, and are laregly wasted early in the game, or they get shot to pieces.

The Icons are for Deep Strikers and the Daemons. Maybe the smart thing to do is to lose the IOCG from the CSM squads. If I lose the Meltabombs too, I have a Rhino.

I'm with Mad Cat on walking infantry, but more vehicles do draw fire.

Thanks for the feedback. I'll wait a little to see if anyone else has anything to say, then post any changes.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

No problem. Just bear in mind that when you come to a 2K game with only a land raider, then it's going to get hid hard and fast. Although, the oblits will bring some of the heat to them as well.

On the bright side, the lash + 'run' should yield you a decently early charge.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread