1850 CSM Tournament Style - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 CSM Tournament Style

Hey folks.

I just got 24 berzerkers in trades recently and wanted to see if I could make them competitive. I like the list, it seems like it can hold it's own for objective games, but I am concerned about kill points.

Kharn
    Sorcerer Mark of Slaanesh Lash

8 Berzerkers
    8 Berzerkers Rhino
    8 Berzerkers Rhino
    5 Plague Marines 2 Melta Guns Rhino
    5 Plague Marines 2 Flamers Rhino

Landraider
    3 Obliterators
    3 Obliterators

Kharn can ride in the raider with the unmounted berzerkers or he can go in one of the rhinos. The Lash guy rides with one of the plague marine units. I think I might be asking a little too much out of my obliterators with this list. What do you think? The double melta plague squad is av14 assurance, while the double flamer unit is there to supplement the berzerkers horde killing power. I took Kharn because he can take down a typical MEQ squad without power fist of course. The plan is to move the 2 berzerker rhinos forward 12 inches possibly popping smoke. First turn I make charge happen with the landraider berzerkers. Turn drive 12 hop out then I only need 4 inches or so out of lash before charging to get into combat. I don't think I will be lacking in combat without power fists on the berzerkers. Against Tau and Eldar I need to cut out their mobility ASAP. I should be able to stop 2+ serpeants a turn.

Any tips or suggestions?

Thanks for reading

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

It's a good beginning, purple. You've made a well balanced list, although there are some vital upgrades you might consider. Also, you shouldn't be concerned about kill points, as most 1850 armies are around this many.

Kharn: Always a solid choice. Then again, any chaos HQ can handle a space marine squad without a power fist; Kharn just does it better

Sorcerer: Fine.

Zerkers: All should have a champion with either a power weapon or fist. It's pretty much an automatic upgrade, unless you're facing IG or another race that's not known for aggressive combat.

Plague Marines: For two meltas and a handful of bolters, you're paying a bit much. Plague marines really function at peak performance with 7-8 men per squad and a champion with a fist. Just something to think about.

Land Raider: If you can spare the points, daemonic possession would really clinch down its staying power. While you lose some of your BS, at the same time, the las canons are twin-linked. Nice compensation when using daemon possession.

Oblits: Fine.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Kharn
    Sorcerer Mark of Slaanesh Lash

8 Berzerkers
    8 Berzerkers Rhino
    8 Berzerkers Rhino
    5 Plague Marines 2 Melta Guns Rhino
    5 Plague Marines 2 Flamers Rhino

Landraider
    3 Obliterators
    3 Obliterators

Rabbit's go it. I would make one 8 man PM squad with the Meltaguns and a PF for the Champ.

Make 1x10 and 1x9 Berzerkers, both Champs with Power Fists.

I've never been happy at all with Kharn, and would lose him in favour of more Troops. A standard CSM unit with 2x Plasmaguns and a Power Fist would give extra manpower to your list.

Good luck and have fun.

Lord Ramon

+ Reply to Thread