Return to 40k 1500pt nurgle/khorne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Return to 40k 1500pt nurgle/khorne

After playing fantasy for the last few years im ready to get back into 40k. I used to use mainly and eldar beil tan force and occasionly space wolves. I deceide to sell these a while ago and havn't played in around 5 years but i have a rough idea of whats still goin on as i tried to keep up on the new armys and rules. As i have a limited budget and plan to collect over time so the choice of army is very important to me. ive seen people hating that there is too many marine players, and i dont fancy collecting eldar. So after reading or buying the codex's and the seeing the models i like the look of chaos. As i used to play eldar my army design is based around each unit having a specifc role. Any way enough babbling, onto the list.

HQ-

Chaos lord
    Mark of nurgle
    Terminator armour
    Daemon weapon

Chaos lord
    Mark of khorne
    Jump pack
    Daemon weapon

Troops-

8 Plague marines (the plague marines are to take and hold)
    1 plasma gun
    Personal icon
    Rhino transport

8 Plague marines
    1 plasma gun
    Personal icon
    Rhino tansport

Elites-

5 Terminators (termi's will join the nurgle lord with the idea of taking
    Icon of nurgle.... the toughest unit)
    1 power fist
    1 chainfist

Fast attack-

8 Raptors (with khorne lord to take out all infantry)
    Icon of khorne
    Champ wth poer weapon

Heavy support-

Predator
    Auto cannon and lascannon side sponson

Predator
    Auto cannon and lascannon side sponson

If i did choose an army like this i would use forge world plague marines and termi's.
    The raptors would be khorne bezerker models with marine jump packs, adding slight conversions.

c&c very appreciated.

Last edited by paintactics; May 3rd, 2009 at 19:58.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Any comments on list would be very welcomed. Or is it near perfect already?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

It would help to see total points on each of the units, but that's just a matter of convenience for us readers ...

In any case, this is essentially a good core for an army. My main thought is that there are some pricey options here for a 1500 list. Two HQ, for instance, are probably not needed. I'd stick with the Khorne Lord. A Nurgle Termie Lord with Daemon Weapon isn't the greatest unit, and while I've got one myself, he's better as a 2nd HQ in a larger list.

That would free up some points right there. And do your Terminators have the Nurgle Icon, or not? I'd suggest not at this points level. It's very pricey - again, it's similar to a set-up I use, but it's more for 2000+. There's some more points if it was there.

You might also consider dropping the PM squads to 7, and possibly grabbing a second Plasma Gun on each.

You'll probably want to use any freed up points for another troops choice. This list is very light in that department for 1500. Even if you go with a smallish unit of lesser daemons that can be summoned into the fray off your Raptors, that'd be much better. You want everything out on the field to distract away from your Plague Marines so they can stay on objectives, and win the day.

I like the 4 vehicles; that makes for a good wall of armor to protect your troops. I also like the Raptors as an option to get out on the field and DS in your Termies (and maybe lesser daemons?). You will have to be careful to keep the Raptors covered, though. They'll get a lot of attention, especially with that Lord in there.

That should give you something to think about. Good luck, and happy collecting!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another alternative to the HQ is a Deamon Prince with MoK and wings. Would be cheaper then the chaoslord, and help the raptors away from the priority list.

- Oh, and you should look at the Karmoon terminator squad. cheap, hardhitting and efficient.

- And take melta for your raptor squad. Even tho you want the unit to be anti infantry, it can be a b*tch to get troops from a transport, if you only yield PW.
    Last edited by Dethklaat; May 5th, 2009 at 22:27.
    And now to erase your memory of this entire conversation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

First of all thank you. I am in the process of writing a new list but would like to know what a karmoon special is? ive heard it before and seen that a moderator is named karmoon, I just dont know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Revised list. C&C please

HQ-

Lordof chaos
    Mark of khorne
    Jump pack
    Daemon weapon =160

Troops-

7 Plague marines
    2 Plasma guns
    Personal icon
    Rhino transport =231

7 Plague marines
    2 plasma guns
    Personal icon
    Rhino transport =231

12 Chaos marines
    Champion with power weapon
    Icon of chaos glory
    2 plasma guns =250

Elites-

5 Terminators
    1 Power fist, 1 chain fist, 1 heavy flamer and 1 combi weapon =185

Fast attack-

7 Raptors
    Icon of khorne
    1 melta gun =180

Heavy support-

Predator with auto cannon
    Lascannon side sponson =130

Predator with auto cannon
    lascannon side sponson =130

Total = 1497

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey the second list looks good and fairly solid.

From my knowledge, the Karmoon special is a small cheap terminator unit tooled up:-
    Terminators x3, combi-weapon x3 (all same). (105) or
    Terminators x4, combi-weapon x3 (all same), and a Heavy Flamer and Chainfist. (155)

This makes a cheap, very effective unit which won't loose you the battle if they get destroyed.

Teleport them in, use 3xplasma and flamer to put the hurt on an unit (great against opposing terminators and SMs) or 3xmelta to pop tanks, then if they do survive the enemy counterattack you have a nice hard unit which can deal with anything.

The 155 point set-up is the one i use and I love it. Though Karmoon or someone else can tell you more about good set-ups and tactics, they'll know far more than me.

Hope that helps, good gaming

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see the predator options with a turret-mounted autocannon whilst you possess sponsoon lascannons. I ask you, what do you hope to achieve with this predator? An autocannon is seen more as an anti-troop weapon, whilst lascannons are obviously anti-tank. Don't believe me? what tank do you hope to kill with an autocannon? Or what troops do you hope to kill with lascannons. Ask yourself, what do you want this predator to achieve and equip accordingly. If you want anti-troop go with the turret-mounted autocannon and sponson heavy bolters, great for thinning out a unit of eldar from a long range that they can't effectively handle. If you opt for a turret-mounted twin-linked lascannon, you get 3 str 9 shots at any tank that you choose to shoot with your lascannons, one of tthem with re-rolls, so you are much more likely to eliminate your target tank than if you fired an autocannon at it. Assuming you are shooting land-raiders and the lke with it, your autocannon is useless and you'd only have 2 lascannon shots to make it, needing a 6 to penetrate. If you take an anti-troop tank, you free up points also, that you can use to max out squads.

I might be overestimating toughness 5 here, but considering that most troops, including plague marines i think, have fleet, i think that plague marines can be great troop choices on foot rather than rhinos, as they are great at absorbing shots, whilst your khornate raptors, left relatively unharmed, have boosted towards the flanks of the enemies. You have the best of both worlds with khorne and plague marines. One is your shield, and one is your sword. Give your plague marines meltaguns or something threatening and have them advance on foot towards enemy tanks or entrenchments. This will cause your enemy to panic and throw as many shots as they can towards the plague marines because they are approaching a valuable tank with 2 meltaguns or something, whilst your khorne marines and raptors can flank charge your enemy's valuable units and decimate in combat. The khorne are safe as the enmy has forgone all defensive shooting lines towards the plague marines, who have absorbed it all, so while your enemy reloads, you pounce basically. Plasma guns are good weapons, but meltaguns are cheaper and more threatening if your enemy possesses tanks. The plague marines want to be threatening, so your enemy tries to level them and watches in dismay as they absorb rounds. Might i suggest when you free up points, to give your raptor lord lightning claws instead, as they are great with a khorne champion raptor, who would then get 5 atks on the charge with rerolls to wound. This is the bane against anything with lower toughness than 5.

Perhaps take one predator and a unit of 2 obliterators, because considering the versatility of obliterators, you willl more effectively be able to deal with what your enemy throws at you. Hoardes? move in with twin-linked flammers and have your raptors chrge in and mop up the rest. Space marines? no problem you have 2 str 7 ap 2 blast with plasma cannons. You can sit in cover like this and destroy whole tactical squads at a time. Or are they throwing tanks at you? use 2 lascannons or move in with multi-meltas and have your enemy putting his models back into his box in no time.

Keep playing and always when making a list ask yourself these questions when preparing a unit:

1) Why should I spend the points on this unit?

2) What do I want this unit to do?

3) Do they have the wargear to do it?

4) Is this wargear worth the points cost?

Keep playing to test your strategems!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The second list looks very good however I am seeing some redundancy in using the csm. If this is a khorne/ nurgle army list throw in some khorne bezerkers with a power fist. I play an all khorne army and have yet to be bested. If i were not playing a pure world eaters army ( a real bother sometimes) then I would play nurgle with them. Nurgle Plauge marines provide excellent meat shields because of how hard they can be hit. Also why play the csm? You have amazing shootiness from plague marines. Csm can be good but I find that to be too glass cannony.

I also agree with the suggestion for a daemon prince with mark of khorne and wings. It doesn't get more scarier. This was already said but you need to be careful with the raptors, the Daemon prince will help attract a lot of fire that would be aimed at raptors. By the way money wise... Raptors are very expensive.

+ Reply to Thread