3000pt Iron Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000pt Iron Warriors

155 Daemon Prince w/ LoS, Wings, MoS
    155 Daemon Prince w/ Los, Wings, MoS
    115 Dreadnought w/ Plasma Cannon, Heavy Flamer
    150 Defiler w/ DCCW & TL Auto Cannon
    150 Defiler w/ DCCW & TL Auto Cannon*
    265 10 CSM w/ Asp Champ, Power Wep, Melta Gun, Melta Gun, IoCG, Rhino, Havoc
    265 10 CSM w/ Asp Champ, Power Wep, Plasma Gun, Plasma Gun, IoCG, Rhino, Havoc
    395 5 Terminators w/ 5 Combi Plasma, MoS, Land Raider

* Might swap for Vindicator

I've spent a lot of time on these forums concoting this list, first aiming for 1500pts, then 2000pts and now 3000pts. With the help of loads of you people (and even people on the Necron forums, since this list will work alongside my primary army in apoc games) I have made this list, and I must say so myself, it looks good.

This list excells at objective holding, IMO. 9 blasts and 6 troops choices working in pairs alongside the Karmoon special should make quick work of troops choices, guaranteeing me atleast a draw. The princes even serve by removing enemies from the objectives, alowing my troops to get a foot hold.

I still think the list has a few creases in it though, thats where you come in =]

Oh yeah... Sod Iron warriors. DEATH TO THE FALSE EMPEROR! BLACK LEGION! BLACK LEGION! BLACK LEGION!

Last edited by Black Hawk; May 28th, 2009 at 16:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 lashes, your not trying to make friends are you. be careful with the dreads. it would suck to take a krak mmissle to rear armour of rhino. solid list though
    when life gives you lemons.........LEMONS FOR THE LEMON GOD!!
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Ferrell, you just choose to use the frag missle, so you need to roll a 6 for a glancing hit.

List looks solid, the only i'd possibly consider is maybe giving two of your regular squads flamers and have 2 Melta guns squads 2 Plasma guns squads 2 flamer squads, just so you can deal with some horde armies if you run across them outside of that list is solid. "

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    102 (x3)

I'd personally drop the havoc launchers in favor of either power fists or MoK on the melta-guys.
    Nurgle, the freshmaker.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Fine

115 Dreadnought w/ Missile Launcher, Plasma Cannon

Pray you don't roll 1s. For me, equipping our Dreads with AP3-1 weapons is too dangerous. See the current Dread thread for details of many players opinions.

150 Defiler w/ DCCW & Heavy Flamer

Fine

You need PFs for all these squads big time. If you are using Havocs, then your CSMs are walking. Why not lose the Havocs from the MG units, so they their Rhinos can pop smoke, and get going more quickly. Why bother with IOCG on units with very high Ld?

130 Vindicator w/ TL Bolter (House rule, defender removes tank weapons) - needs Daemonic Possesion, otherwise fine

425 5 Terminators w/ 4 Combi Plasma, Heavy Flamer, Land Raider w/Daemonic Possesion, Combi Plasma

Lose Daemonic Possesion and Combi Plasma. Use Extra Armour. While you are carry a unit, you need to be able to Smoke and move 12". This screws up shooting, so you don't need Daemonic Possession.

Hope this helps.

Lord Ramon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry I didnt reply for ages... been busy.

Ok, Havok launchers not realy that good... thats what first hit me when I read your comments. Once again, I'm in the situation where I can see perfectly why they arent preferable to other things, but I think they will suit my play style perfectly. Looking on the other hand though, they're unglued... so if things realy do go horrificaly wrong I will heed your advice. Next majority vote was a recomendation for power fists. The way I see it, its a "I would if I could" scenario. Basicaly put, my CSM squads are already too expensive

BTW, before I continue... TY Winter for the flamer advice, but scince most of my opponents are MEQs anyway I wont change my list. I'll buy some extra models so that if I do come across a swarm I can just swap them in.

Right, serious question time. Fluff to the wind here, my local store is holding a mini tourney soon, and I was just wandering if it would be worth swapping the Vindicator for a 3rd (Yes, 3!!!) Defiler? All heavy support choices loaded with these daemonic machines would completely trash my opponents army from miles away and since my 'Noughts already have anti TEQ covered, I dont think theres much for me to lose. Also, try watching a vindicator shred a Land Raider with its (lack of) bare hands

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello sir, now i am a seige player and most of my tactics tend to center around a very munerverable army much like your own. i read your last post and i have to say there are some things that i myself might change.

Not bad...always fun to draw them close.

the firing at your own guys in the first few rounds is gonna suck. I used to run all three of my dreads this way, and i payed a heavy price for it...i recomend removing the plasma and just give them missile lunchers...you can frag your guys instaed of dropping plasma on your chaos troops. Also frags dont hurt tanks...but plasma tickles a little.

always fun, but three in an army is kinda to much in my opinon...and i love vindicators with demonic possesion.Also these are easyer to kill , i used to run two of these and a vidicator. the vindicator always seemed to live...the defilers rarely got into combat...so its your call. Oh and buy the time you get to a land raider to crush it...he has fired at you with a lasscannons and they tend to hurt a little

ok...we are assult close range shooting types you and i, get rid of the plasma. i used to run two squads of plague marines with tons of plasma.....it wasent worth the points. Go with meltas...omg they make people cry ..and take the extra points and give your champ a combi melta...three shots of these and people cringe. Or use combie flamers, i love these and they always make up there points. Remember...plasma you will hit once maybe twice...but flamers hit many...and in this game its about wounds on mec players...more wounds more saves they will fail. oh and havoc lunchers need to go...and buy the way...fists are awesome and make your squads sick. Oh and the more points in your troops,...the better people score you on composition..keep that in mind when your getting points at a tournement. Lastly, flamers and meltas are assult wepons...these make us more flexible and thus better at tournemnts.

130 Vindicator w/ TL Bolter (House rule, defender removes tank weapons) - demonic possesion...befor you rip people apart ...you need to get within range.

425 5 Terminators w/ 4 Combi Plasma, Heavy Flamer, Land Raider w/Daemonic Possesion, Combi Plasma

Good choice....but get rid of the demonic possesion...the armor is sick and will get you there. spend it on a mark of korn...since you went with MOS for your demon princes why not some MOK for your termies?

ENJOY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, good advice there... where should I start?

the firing at your own guys in the first few rounds is gonna suck. I used to run all three of my dreads this way, and i payed a heavy price for it...i recomend removing the plasma and just give them missile lunchers...you can frag your guys instaed of dropping plasma on your chaos troops. Also frags dont hurt tanks...but plasma tickles a little.
    Yeah, alot of people complain about plasmas on 'Noughts, but the way I see it is this: We're chaos players! Whats total destruction without a little risk Also a little trick I picked up from my main opponent (also a chaos player) is to deploy the 'Noughts right next to the land raider. They cant even touch the raider, so were all happy. I've had a little re-think on my noughts though, marching a big lumbering coffin-on-legs into combat does seem like a tempting prospect... so im dropping the missile launcher for a DCCW. Sorry... does replacing its bolter with a flamer redeem me a tiny bit?

always fun, but three in an army is kinda to much in my opinon...and i love vindicators with demonic possesion.Also these are easyer to kill , i used to run two of these and a vidicator. the vindicator always seemed to live...the defilers rarely got into combat...so its your call. Oh and buy the time you get to a land raider to crush it...he has fired at you with a lasscannons and they tend to hurt a little

Fair enough... but from where i see it, they're just as good as each other on paper. Ill buy the vindi / 3rd defiler last, so i can do a little play testing before i buy. If thats still inconclusive, I can always buy both

*Troops*
    Sorry, cba to copy it all out. Right, basicaly put, with the sheer amount of templates and lashes my list can pump out its highly likely that there wont be enough enemy for all of my troops to sink into... atleast one or two units will have to sit back and let go with that plasma fury.

Good choice....but get rid of the demonic possesion...the armor is sick and will get you there. spend it on a mark of korn...since you went with MOS for your demon princes why not some MOK for your termies?
    Yeah, I probably need to drop the raider upgrades to afford all of the other junk i want to cram into this list unfortunately, there probably wont be enough pts left for a MoK... So my termis will have to hang up their blood lust for today. I might swap that hvy flamer for another combi though...

Ty for the help will change list now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over the past few days I've been re-thinking my list a bit. When my forge world dreadnought order didnt give confirmation, and its taken 6 days supposed to the promised 2-3 and still hasnt arrived. If it doesnt arrive withing the next fortnight i'm gonna give up and remove the noughts from my list (I hate the GW metal ones). If worst comes worst, I'm gona have to rethink my elite slots. Termis anyone?

I've re-written my list just incase I do have to re-arrange the elite slots. The first one Is my preffered list, and the second Is the termi heavy one I may have to resort to worst-come-worst.

190 5 Terminators w/ 5 Combi Plasma, MoS

190 5 Terminators w/ 5 Combi Plasma, MoS
    240 10 CSM w/ Asp Champ, Power Wep, Melta Gun, Melta Gun, Rhino

240 10 CSM w/ Asp Champ, Power Wep, Plasma Gun, Plasma Gun, Rhino

Post your thoughts on these lists please. Which one is better? Is the second list a step up or a step down? I've had to drop the havoc launchers on the rhinos (many of you will be cheering now). But I've also had to drop the IoGC. Is it a worthy trade? Your thoughts please.

Thanks in advance ~ Black Hawk.
    Last edited by Black Hawk; May 31st, 2009 at 23:09.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    Post your thoughts on these lists please. Which one is better? Is the second list a step up or a step down? I've had to drop the havoc launchers on the rhinos (many of you will be cheering now). But I've also had to drop the IoGC. Is it a worthy trade? Your thoughts please.

Thanks in advance ~ Black Hawk.
    IoCG doesn't seem to do much but it's great on your regular troops if they get assaulted by some TEQ or blasted by heavy weapons to keep them going forward and not run off, as well it gives you room to focus your terminators while deep striking, lack of scattering is always a bonus.

Losing a single unit due to falling back and have them running off the board, or being caught in a sweeping advance just isn't fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast