New world eaters list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

New world eaters list

A few years ago i went mental on the khorne berserker models and must have made and painted around 40 (inc conversions). I posted the pictures here on LO and got a quite a few rep points for it (they were inspired by frank millers 300) but i never even bothered trying to include them in a list...

I've also always liked the idea of Kharn the Betrayer, and hearing that he's well worth the points in the latest dex am wanting to include him and as many of the zerkers as possible in a sort of crazy headlong rush sorta list. Something that makes you go 'Raghh' when seeing it charging the enemy on the field.

I have a few questions for folk with more experience than me with chaos. Will a pure world eaters force work without the inclusion of rhinos? The old talisman of burning blood was replaced with the run rule correct? So how come there's no non-mechanized world eaters lists on here? Does it simply not work for another reason in 5thED?

If not (which i guess will be the answer) what do you recommend adding to this list below. It has the basics that i want in my world eater list (Kharn and a lot o' zerkers) which can't really be changed out for normal chaos marines or anything else. I hear alot of praise for a couple of predators or maybe a unit of raptors or something. Not much praise for a couple of defilers in a world eater list though, something about pie plating your own troops... which is a shame because of the image of zerkers rushing across a battlefield with huge explosions going off around them..

Anyways, here's the list:

Kharn
    165pts

7 Khorne Berserkers
    Aspiring champion w/ Power fist
    Rhino
    243pts

7 Khorne Berserkers
    Aspiring champion w/ Power fist
    Rhino
    243pts

7 Khorne Berserkers
    Aspiring champion w/ Power weapon
    Rhino
    233pts

7 Khorne Berserkers
    Aspiring champion w/ Power weapon
    Rhino
    233pts

-1117pts-

All comments and criticism welcome!
    Thanks

-SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

You need tank busting from a range so I would add 2 predators with autocannon turret and sponson lascannons. I would also add 2 dreadnaughts with missile launchers and Heavy Flamers. You already run a lot of tanks so adding more is good.

That adds up to 470 points.

I don't know what point total you want, but I play at 1700 most of the time in the tournaments around here. So you still have 53 points left over. With the points you can always change 1 dreadnaught for a defiler or add combi-meltas to all your rhinos and melta bombs to you PW welding champs.
    "Iron Within, Iron Without"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

To answer your question, non mechanised lists aren't really used with the run rule, because you are unable to assault after running, which really for chaos affects our game play, its much better to run with rhinos use smoke launchers then either disembark move and assault or move the rhino again.

Plus rhinos make it much easier to get to objectives if needed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Having said that, you can't Assault during the round that you Disembark either.

Anyway.... Black Rose 00 has it right with the Predators, though I totally disagree with the Dreadnaughts. They are just too unstable. Try 2-3 Obliterators.

All your squads should have PF too; just in case...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Although if you disembark before the vehicles moves you can move, shoot and assault as normal, and then proceed to move the vehicle as well.

I'd agree with the obliterators over the dreadnaught, even those crazed has a 1/6 chance you'd be surprised how often it does turn up, as well shooting everything twice at possibly your own men is plain annoying and casaulties you dont want. Plus obliterators just win, they are comfortably equipped to take down anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -41 (x0)

Interesting thoughts guys. Would 3 Predators be useful in this sorta list? 3 would go a long way towards armour saturation (aka too many vehicles to shoot)..

I usually play 2000pt games, so adding 3 preds and another troop choice (zerkers or shooty marines) would be pretty much there. Bonus is there would be lots of mobile troop choices on the board to seize objectives.

How would Kharn be used in this sort of list? Kept near the other zerkers until combat so he can break off and take on a squad on his own? Or kept with a squad the whole game?
    -SONS of RUSS member-

Exiled until 5thED redo...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

I dunno how three predators would go, i have only used one to help provide a nicer target then my rhinos, so can't really answer that one, will have to wait for someone with more experience to figure that out.

Points wise the Autocannon, Lascannon Sponsoon Pred is only 130 Points, so if you added 3 of em to your current list it only puts you at roughly 1500 points, so you still have 500 points in the list to play with, another squad in a rhino would be anywhere between 200-250 so you still have a fair bit of room to play with maybe some termies for deep strike impact, to either tank hunt with combi meltas or hq hunt with combi plasmas. Looking nearish 200 points for 5 terminators, 4 combi weapons, a heavy flamer and a chainfist.

Playing kharn, i'd attach him to a unit of berserkers start the match, with everything embarked move the rhinos 12 inches, pop smoke. Next turn depending on where your enemy is you can either disembark from the rhinos before then move, then move, shoot and assault your troops normally, where i would detach kharn and let him run his own thing into if possible a different enemy squad. Or you can move the rhinos again into a better position, disembark after movement and use the rhino to block LoS to your troops giving them some cover. Really you just want him in combat as quick as possible, and you want him to get there without being shot to pieces.

Hope that helps.

Hope that helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 preds is okay in large games, but 3 oblits and 2 autolas preds could be more versitile. I would add the 5th troops but make it a melta squad w/rhino for short range anti tank. You may also want to consider a karmoon termie squad to destroy fire bases. I also agree with winter, detach Kharn after disembarking to tie down 2 squads and so you dont go overkill and get shot up the next turn.

+ Reply to Thread