1750 Slaanesh list [new to CSM] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Slaanesh list [new to CSM]

I've finaly given up on fighting an uphill battle for the greater good. Here's the list I've come up with for Chaos.

HQ

Lucius

155 Winged Lash Prince

Troops

215 Noise Marines (7) - champ w/PW & doom siren, 6 w/sonic blasters

250 CSM (10) - champ w/PF & melta bombs, 2 CSM w/meltas, Rhino

215 CSM (10) - 1 melta, 1 missile launcher, IoC, Rhino

Elite

210 Chosen CSM (5) - champ w/ dual Lclaws, 3 chosen w/dual Lclaws & melta bombs, 1 w/flamer & IoC

375 Chaos Terminators (4) - 3 w/ combi-plasma, 1 w/CF and Hvy Flamer, Land Raider

Heavy

170 Defiler - Battle Cannon & TL Lascannon

~~~~ Total 1750 ~~~~

My general plan is to load Lucius and his Noise Marines into the Land Raider and deliver them to the front line of combat with the first CSM squad close behind. The second CSM squad will stay put on a rear objective and use the Rhino as an armoured platform for its missile launcer.

The Lash Prince will make a nuicance of himself and prime units to be taken out by the defiler's Battle Cannon or the Noise Marines.

The Chosen and the Terminators will work as scalpel units to hit valuable targets and apply pressure where the enemy doesn't want it.

As I'm new to Chaos, I'd appreciate any help with this list/strategy.

Last edited by Magus_Arts; May 26th, 2009 at 07:05. Reason: changed the list a bit

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

D.W
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just one thing

Can you really buy a personal icon to the prince? I can't find that (only marks).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooops! I must have been tired when I did that. Thanks for bringing that to my attention

D.W
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Np

Np, but it would have been nice to have. ^^

Btw, I have never seen any Noise M in action. Are they worth their points?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, I have yet to play a game with my CSM. But, I realy like the fluff of the noise marines, so I'm going to give them a shot.

I did a bit of mathHammer for my unit of seven noise marines with Lucius and hitting 3 models each with the templates the squad will get an average MEQ kill count of 9.5 before initiative 4 even happens if they can shoot and assault.

I've reworked the list a bit too, so I'm going to edit in my changes.
    Last edited by Magus_Arts; May 26th, 2009 at 07:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meltagun and missile launcher don't go together. One is assault, one is heavy. Yes both take out troops, but the missile launcher has a range of 48'', whilst meltagun has a range of 12'' and bolters a max of 24'', standing still, meaining if you fire the missile launcher, your other guys are useless if the target is a tank beyond 12 inches or troops beyond 24 inches. Get 2 melta guns instead if you want them to hunt tanks, and mount them in a rhino. If you want them to take out troops, give them a heavy bolter and plasma gun, and find some nice cover and set up a 24 inch killzone. If you take missile launchers, take a squad of havocs armed with them, so you have four shots at tanks or four blasts at troops.

Keep noise marines out of combat. They dont need a champ with power weapon and doom siren because you don't want to get troops armed with moderately good shooting weapons, sonic blasters, into combat. Its a waste of their weapons. Use your free points to kit out for a marine with a blast master, find some cover for them and set up a kill zone with a str 8 ap3 pinning blast template, and 18 str 4 ap5 heavy shots.

Lightning claws are anti-troop. you can't hope to pierce even the rear of a rhino with them, at str 4. If you have anti-troop chosen, why give them melta bombs. What do you want to do with them? are they an infiltrating unit designed to make contact with the front line of troops, or are they tank hunting. If they are tank hunting, i suggest give 1 a fist, 1 a meltagun and 4 guys melta bombs (not the guy with the fist). If you want anti troop, drop the melta bombs. Leave enemy tanks to be the targets of your anti tank power.

You have some good combat units, Lucius, a unit of chosen with claws, a damon prince and terminators. If you need more when you choose to build for more points, take some berserkers, but I wouldn't add any more combat units than the ones you already have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Magus_Arts View Post
    I've finaly given up on fighting an uphill battle for the greater good. Here's the list I've come up with for Chaos.

HQ

Lucius

Good choice, not everyones cup of tea, but he can dish it out with the best of them

155 Winged Lash Prince

Solid choice, personally i use a sorc instead since he can hide in units/transports and thus survive longer.

Troops

215 Noise Marines (7) - champ w/PW & doom siren, 6 w/sonic blasters

Cool, noises are one of the few cults that are effective in numbers under 10

250 CSM (10) - champ w/PF & melta bombs, 2 CSM w/meltas, Rhino
    Pf Or meltabombs, not both.

215 CSM (10) - 1 melta, 1 missile launcher, IoC, Rhino

nix on the launcher, try to avoid mixing assault/heavy, slap a havoc launcher on the rhino instead if you crave templates.

Elite

210 Chosen CSM (5) - champ w/ dual Lclaws, 3 chosen w/dual Lclaws & melta bombs, 1 w/flamer & IoC

Nice idea, but the Iocg won't do much good, since if guys are dying, you're gonna lose enough to make the icon not as worthwile.. IoS or khorne might be better considering the loadout.. or simply no mark at all.

375 Chaos Terminators (4) - 3 w/ combi-plasma, 1 w/CF and Hvy Flamer, Land Raider

Just remember that chaos termie-armor isnt relentless.. almost, but not quite, you're allowed to fire on the move & then assault, but you don't count as stationary.
    I.E moved: only allowed 12" doubletap with the rapid-fire weaps.

Heavy

170 Defiler - Battle Cannon & TL Lascannon

the lascannon is a bit too expensive for my tastes, but if it works for ya..

~~~~ Total 1750 ~~~~

My general plan is to load Lucius and his Noise Marines into the Land Raider and deliver them to the front line of combat with the first CSM squad close behind. The second CSM squad will stay put on a rear objective and use the Rhino as an armoured platform for its missile launcer.

Cool idea, i usually stick a doom-siren champ and lucius in a combi-flamer-rhino and do drive-by template massacres. be prepared to see your non-fearless objective holders run off when shot at though.

The Lash Prince will make a nuicance of himself and prime units to be taken out by the defiler's Battle Cannon or the Noise Marines.

Be prepared to see a lot of fire come at these two units from turn one onwards, its a good tactic, and everyone wants to kill it asap.

The Chosen and the Terminators will work as scalpel units to hit valuable targets and apply pressure where the enemy doesn't want it.

Don't plop these down unsupported, they'll die like fish on land without really doing much.

As I'm new to Chaos, I'd appreciate any help with this list/strategy.

Responses in pink

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, another neat little thing I find works well in games:

Slap some personal icons on troops in your rhinos and land raiders, preferably land raiders. This way, your terminators that are deep striking won't scatter, first of all, so they will all live, and they get added mobility.

Vehicle moves 12'' in turn 1. Assuming it survives, armour 14, of course it will, then terminators may be able to drop 6'' from the vehicle after being in reserve. With them in reserve for the first turn, you avoid taking shots from your enemy's MEQ killing weapons (starcannons, plasma cannon, etc.) for at least a turn, ensuring their survivability. The tank moves another 12'' in turn 2. You have moved 24'' away from your battle line deployment of 18''. If you drop your terminators within 6'' of the land raider and your troops disembark and move to assault, you have a unit of terminators armed with combi-plasmas to soften up their assault target before you go in. They can also counter any charges that are made on your troops as the initiate assault on their target, meaning they counter counter-charges and get stuck in with 3 power weapon attacks each. If they don't come down in turn 2, you could always wait a turn, but anywhere beyond turn 3 and I'd take your chances deep striking them near your land raider.

You say you use the land raider for your terminators in your list, but then in your tactical outline you say noise narines and Lucius are going in. Who is going in?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ flemingm - The Land Raider is a dedicated transport for the Terminator unit. But I'll be using it to carry my Noise Marines. Lucius has a personal Icon and a unit of CSM in a Rhino also has an icon. Do I need more than two?

I would think Noise Marines with Lucius (2 doom sirens) would be great choices for cc, especially if the terminator unit deep strikes and softens up the unit to be attacked before the NM disembark from the Land Raider. Two AP 3 templates, a bunch more shots, and then extra attacks from charging all on or before initiative 5. I know MathHammer is dubious at best, but this unit kills 9.5 MEQ before they even get to go.

@ arachnid - Thanks for all the tips!

I'm getting what people are saying about not splitting the focus of your units. I think I was trying to make every unit multi-purpose. But what I'm hearing is Assassins or Snipers will beat out the Boy Scout any day.

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll be making some changes.

+ Reply to Thread