Khorne 1000 pt list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Khorne 1000 pt list

hey guys thanks for helping me with with my 1500 list but now i need help on my 1000 pt list. First off i want this to be a competitive list, so and help is taken. here is my list so far

HQ:

Daemon Prince- wings, MoK: 140

Troops:

8 Khorne zerkers- skull champ, power weapon: 198

8 Khorne zerkers- skull champ, power weapon: 198

Rhino- Havoc launcher: 50

Rhino- Havoc launcher: 50

Fast attack (i think):

2 spawn: 80

Heavy Support:

Pred-autocannon, heavy bolters. havoc launcher: 115

Pred- Twin linked las, lascannons: 165

Total: 996

I dont know if this is a good army list. I have never used spawn but i had 84 points, and i did not know what to do with them. I could get 1 oblit but idk. Also im playing orks so its a horde army. Thanks for all the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First of all a competitive list needs to be well rounded. So don't just plan for orks!

Great choice on HQ. MoK winged prince is possibly one of my favorite units. It is going to be shot at to no end and thanks to the wings will almost always make it. It provides your opponent with a lose lose scenario. Concentrate everything on prince and most likely not kill it or pick of weaker units and let it come at me full strength!

Everything is fluffy up to the preds and I personally would replace them with defilers!

As to your spawn I used to play with two as well, they were a complete waste. I know some people like them but I find they are horrible in a Khorne army because of how slow they are. They put no pressure on the opponent and are something that is picked off slowly with any shots your opponent hasn't used. Their amount of wounds are attractive as well as their attacks but they lack the speed to be decisive and the resilience (armour saves) to be reserves. In nurgle armies they can work just fine though.

I would replace them with:
    a) An obliterator. non-fluffy but is well rounded in its ability to be a great infantry and tank hunter. They are point costly though and you might have enough fire support from the preds already. You really don't need that much as your are only fielding two berserker squads.
    b) If you are able a small CSM squad could be effective and tactical. They provide more bodies and a less clustered amount of points. They have a great deal of options that could help you patch any holes you find or are pointed out.

Going back to the pred thing. Preds are not even close to as great as defilers at taking on swarms. Defilers have the strength to also take out vehicles and who doesn't love something that can shoot a battle cannon and field dreadnought close combat weapons!

Your list is solid and can be made to work. You have a good ratio of fire to CC just be sure your are not so well rounded you become blunt. The spawn are the only thing that NEEDS to be changed in my mind.

BTW: Do you have all of this? Specifically the preds.
    Last edited by Yi Sun Shin; June 10th, 2009 at 09:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

exchange the spawns whith more serkers or if you are fighting a armored enemy skip some hawok lanchers and buy vindicators (one is probably egnouf but two i great)

PS:excuse the bad spelling

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

as already said... drop the spawn.

then buy your zerkers some powerfists, you'll hate the day they get stuck with a wraithlord or dreadnaught for the rest of their lives. with ws5 and 3 attacks, the power fist is a real killer even if you haven't charged that turn and your nomal zerkers don't bring in the kills no more.

i'd also drop the havoc launchers from your rhinos, you might find them more effectrive as cheap roadblocks when you delivered your zerkers then as less-than-mediocre fireing platforms.

i'd also drop the twin lascannon rom the predator to make it cheaper.

lets see... that should leave you with 129 points to play around with. i'd buy one more troops choice with them, preferably something that can hold some backward objective, is cheap and shoots things your zerkers don't want to get in close combat with (yet). like genestealers for example. that almost perfectly translates to 5 noise marines with blast masters all for 125 points. if you don't like that for not beeing fluffy, just buy some ordinary marines with a plasma gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMGawsh I didn't see that. Yes you absolutely need power fists for your berserkers.

As Moscha pointed out after dropping stuff you should buy CSM not KB. KB are great but you need something to hold objectives and to provide cheap support.

Tactically though do not use your rhinos as roadblocks. They are eaten though quickly and just make obsatcles for you KB. Instead, lodge them into your opponents line. This effectively creates not only a distraction but a viable threat to your enemy. He will perceive it as imminent and waste fire on it. because of weak side armor hopefully the explosion is large enough to take some of his troops. Chaos rhinos are cheap and effective for this. This allows your units, i they disembarked BEFORE the tank moves with the ability to get closer to the enemy, possibly in assault range, if not then firing/grenade range. All because you didn't use your rhino as a roadblock/ bolter platform.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

*moved to chaos army list section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

change to 1250 points

Hey i guess my friend wants to play 1250, but here is my new army list, and thanks for the replies so far:

HQ

Daemon Prince-wings, khorne: 140 (what do u guys use for his wings?)

Elites:

Dread: 2 CC arms: 100

5 Terminators: 3 combi meltas, 2 pairs lightning claws, khorne: 215
    Troops:

8 khorne berserkers: Skull champ, power fist: 208

8 khorne berserkers: Skull champ, power fist: 208

Rhino: 35

Rhino: 35

Heavy Support:

Defiler: 2 cc weapons: 150

Pred: Twin linked las, lascannons: 165

This to me looks like a fun army list. Tell me what you think about it. I have a question though where are you guys finding power fists i can never find them. Also is this a competitive army list? Thanks for all the help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok great list there are only a few problems and it is more to do with equipment.

For you Daemon princes wings... I used balrog wings and it required a little fixing but came out awesome. I know some people use dragon wings?

Ok for your termies drop the lightneing claw pairs. The best chaos termies use two power weapons, a power fist, a chain fist, and a lightening claw. This gives stable variety to them. Never give termies two lightening claws unless you have a rhino! This keeps it so that when you deep-strike you hit hard with your combis, might want to throw in some combi plasmas. and then unleash bolter fire from there. It is dangerous to deepstike close combet termies because you will have a whole turn of doing NOTHING. Then your opponent will see that they are CC termies and simply walk away from them. As you normally deep-strik into more open areas a little away from troops, to avoid instant death, it is possible with CC termies that you never get into combat. Combi termies can they down a lot of suppresive fire, penetrating the enemy line!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Termies

So i use no lightning claws how many combi plasmas and combi meltas should i use? Also so i make one a champion? and i dont think termies can ride in a rhino. other than that thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No i would take a lightening claw, just not a pair. The ability to reroll wounds is nice.

As for the combis that is your decision. Know plasmas are dangerous but nice as they are heavy infantry and light armor killers. Meltas are heavy armor. And your bolters can handle the light infantry. I would say take two combi meltas, or one. But the fact is you don't need a lot. The rest or most of the rest plasma. When you deepstrike combi plasma termies the enemy has a right to be scared. You are able to effectively cut a hole anywhere in the enemies line for you khorne berserkers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast