Request: Emperors Children List (1500pts) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Request: Emperors Children List (1500pts)

My first post on this great forum, so let me start with a short introduction and the reason why I'm posting here:

I have played 40k CSM for several years prior to 2007. General ('Black Legion') CSM with the 2nd ed. codex and Emperors Children with the 3rd ed. codex special rules. Mainly due to time constraints I had to give up on playing and collecting this game.

Now that I have time again I want to start over (yay). After much deliberation I have come to the conclusion that I want to keep playing Emperors Children instead of trying something new. Unfortunately the new CSM codex doesn't really allow the legion specific lists anymore.

I have decided to ignore it and just (re)collect an army from the old list. I won't be playing tournaments any time soon anyway, just casual games.

Now my question to you all is this:
    Can you give me suggestions for building a decent Emperors Children army with the legion specific rules and restrictions from the previous codex? And any advice for playing them with the current 40k rules (which I am pretty rusty on at the moment)?

Limitations:
    - 3rd edition Chaos Space Marines codex
    - Emperors Children legion specific rules
    - 1500 pts
    - HQ must not exceed 150 pts
    - must include 2 dreadnoughts (HS choice!) and at least one unit of 6 daemonettes

I care more about the fluff and character of the army than power play, hence the above limitations. If you're interested I can gather some info and pictures of my previous list later on.

Thanks.
    Clausten

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

It is not as if the current cdex doesn't give plenty of options for an emperors children list.

HQ: Lash prince with wings
    Elites: 6 Termies with IoS
    Troops: 4x6 Noise marines with sonic blasters
    Fast: 6 Raptors, IoS
    Heavy: Preds or defilers.

The only problem is that you cannot take sonics on termies or dreads and that your termies and raptors are not fearless. Everything else gets the +1 initiative somehow or other. You can still keep your favoured numbers but gain no advantages for them. You can also decline to use things that were outlawed in a 3rd edition emperors children list such as obliterators.

Deliberatly using outdated codexes can be a problem for many people. The rules sometimes don't fit with the main rulebook and when new codexes come out they often rewrite broken or unballanced codex rules.

There is an apocalypse datasheet showing an emperors children force and they get the sonic dreads and sonic termies etc.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for your reply Mad Cat. I realize that there will be people that have a problem with it, mainly because newer codices deal with balancing issues. I will be playing casual games with people that I know and make sure to let them know beforehand.

While I don't really like the new codex because it is so faceless, I will take your advice into consideration.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

I was in a similar situation when my Death Guard had to be redesigned for the new codex. I lost a dread and my second HQ due to the points increase of plague marines. Still, FNP and blight grenades made up for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, so I listened to Mad Cat just a little bit and have come up with this little list based on my own above criteria.

HQ
    Slaanesh Sorcerer 135
    - Mark of Slaanesh
    - Warp Time
    - Personal Icon

Elites
    6x EC Terminators 215
    - Icon of Slaanesh
    - 2x Power Fist

EC Dreadnought 105
    - Plasma Cannon

EC Dreadnought 105
    - Plasma Cannon

Troops
    6x Noise Marines 150
    - Sonic Blasters

6x Noise Marines 150
    - Sonic Blasters

6x Noise Marines 205
    - Champion
    - Power Fist
    - Personal Icon
    - Rhino with TL Bolter

6x Noise Marines 205
    - Champion
    - Power Fist
    - Personal Icon
    - Rhino with TL Bolter

6x Lesser Daemonettes 78

Heavy Support
    EC Vindicator 150
    - Daemonic Possession
    - TL Bolter

Total 1498

I am not sure about the usefulness of my lesser daemons (I had 12 initially), but I want them anyway. Any other comments and advice?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

HQ: OK

Elites: It would be nice to get combiplasma on all the terminators. For only 30 points it gives you one fantastic turn of shooting as you deepstrike. Dreads are ok but a little unreliable.

Troops: Footsloggers are perfect. The other squads make excellent close in fighters. Put doomsirens on the champions and considder PW instesad of PF because of the I5 and extra attack. Daemons should be fine. With 4 icons in the army I think you could safely drop one.

Heavy: Drop the upgrades or even replace it with a defiler. Replacing a dread with an obliterator could free up a nice chunk of points for other upgrades.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    32 (x1)

Only thing i could really say that would useful, would be dropping the terminators to 5, giving them all combi weapons, either combi plasmas or meltas, and a heavy flamer would end you up with it costing 210 points, instead.

Also i agree with the addition of doom sirens, they are nasty little packages that no one remembers and are an absolutely incredible template weapon, who doesnt love AP 3 templates?

+ Reply to Thread