trying to get back into the game 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trying to get back into the game 1500

i havent played since way back in 3rd edition so a lot of stuff has changed and i need some help with my list. so is it true that we really cant use the daemons anymore? i mean besides the lame generic ones >_> w/e though i guess the greater daemon does look pretty awesome for the points
    is there a difference between giving a squad of csm an icon or taking berzerkers as elites?
    anyway heres my list, please tell me whats right/wrong with it

HQ
    - Kharn [165]
    - daemon prince [155] + MoS, wings, lash
    - greater daemon [100]
    Elite
    Troops
    - 9x csm [170] + rhino
    - 9x csm [170] + rhino
    - 9x csm [215] + IoK + 2 flamers + champ/fist
    Heavy
    - defiler [150]
    - land raider [240] + daemonic possesion (for kharn and his berzerkers)

so do i have enough anti tank?
    i've got 135 points left if i want this to be a 1500,
    should i add 10 lesser daemons? or a vindicator? maybe upgrade the rhino csm to be more berzerky?
    im stuck and i just wanna be able to have a good all-comers type of list.
    what can i do to make sure i pwn tau? i hate those stuck up self righteous aliens even more than the empire so i want to make sure i mop the floor with every broadside they have.
    "HaLPz ME Pl0X!!1!11!!!!1!!"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Drop an HQ. Taking three and a LR is too much at this points level. The greater daemon in effect becomes 155 points as you kill a champion to get him on table. I would ditch the greater daemon I think.

Your troops should be made up of 2 squads of 10 CSM with 2 meltas each and a PF champ .Give them IoK if you want to keep the flavour and put them in rhinos. The third squad could be 8-10 Berserkers with a PW champ.
    Last edited by Mad Cat; June 18th, 2009 at 10:43.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 HQs is probably too much at this points level, I would just stick with Kharn.

You should make the chaos space marine squads 10 strong and give them 2 meltaguns each and an icon of choas glory. You mentioned that a Berserker squad goes in the land raider but I don't see this squad in the army list. A berserker squad with power fist champion would provide a good bodyguard for Kharn. A rhino would be better for this squad than a land raider

You could do with adding some more anti tank to this army, I would suggest: multimelta dreadnoughts, deep striking terminators with combi meltas or obliterators.

Chaos really struggle against tau until the get into close combat. I would suggest trying to overwhelm one side of their army so that you can get a few units into close combat with them.

+ Reply to Thread