Librarium Online Forums banner

Couple of Questions and Help with a 2v2 list

429 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Lauster 
#1 ·
I'm going to be playing a partner tournament (1000 Pts. total, 500 ea) at my local store and I need to know a couple of things before I go ( July 18th- tourney date)

I have never played in a tourney before and would like to know if for a Deamon Prince if you have to have the Mark of Slaanesh and Lash represented? I was thinking that the lash wouldn't have to since it is a psychic power but what about the Mark?

Also with the way it works out my brother (rush5) uses a tau army so I was wondering if anyone could think of a back story( We can't) on why the hell the two would work together since we will get rated on the composition of the army.

Lastly my brother and I have put together a list and if you guys could comment on it that would be great.

We each need to run a HQ and a troop and then we can have 1 elite, 1 fast attack, 1 heavy before taking a second option in those categories.

The list is

HQ-
Shas'el- 97pts
PLasma Rifle
Missle Pod
Targeting Array
Hardwired Multitracker

Daemon Prince- 135pts
Mos
Lash

Troops-
Fire Warriors x11- 125pts
Shasui
Bonding Knife

CSM x6- 90pts

Plague Marines x6- 148pts
Meltagun

Elites-
Crisis Suit x1 - 47pts
Twin-Missilpods
Flamer

Fast Attack-
Gun Drones x8 - 96pts

Heavy-
Ion Head x1 - 130pts
Ion cannon
Burst Cannons
Distruption Pods
Multitracker

Vindicator- 125pts

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Questions
I wouldn't be too worried about the Mark, it can literally just be a mark on the model? Maybe paint a slaneeshi icon on a shoulder or plant a standard on the models base or something similar.

Back story, for some reason say the battle has occured and with tau foresight, they have taken the side of chaos because it will benefit the great good.

List issues

I read your list and its kinda all over the place, you really have no synergy in it at all.

I can't give you opinions on tau all that well, has i have hardly played them, a friend has them so i have a little knowledge.

Now with your lash prince, you want wings, you want him to be able to move nicely, and to namely get into combat without taking to much small arms fire, which is how he will die the fastest.

For the rest of your army, what you should look at doing is having you set up to hit close combat and have good assault capabilities, and have him set up to provide firing support while you move towards the combat, get him to soften everything up for you to hit.

So with your selections:

HQ
Winged Daemon Prince, MoS and LoS - 155 points

Shas'el with plasma rifle, missile pod, multitracker and sheild gen. - 107 points

Elites:
A Crisis suit shasui with Plasma rifle, missile pods and sheild gen - 77 Points

Troops:

8 man squad of marines with a meltagun 130 Points.

8 man squad of marines with a meltagun 130 Points

12 Man fire warrior squad with a devilfish, 200 points.

Heavy Support

Hammerhead gun ship with railgun and burst cannons 160 points.

The flexibility of the railgun on a hammerhead is nice, it can provide some nice AT as well as AI with the submunition shot. Plus the burst cannons can help if they are close to being assaulted.

Totals: 959 Points, with the remaining 40 i'd probably put in a rhino for one of your squads.

I'd also consider dropping the prince for:

A chaos lord in power armour, with a powerfist and combi melta for 125 Points, and putting in a second rhino. With that set up would give you 999 Points, and your marines are all nicely safe to get into combat while being support from your tau counterparts.

Hope that all helps.

#5 ·
WE have until the 18th to hopefully get a decent list and by then we will play our friends in mixed games as well to hopefully find a good list also.

I changed the list to include the wings and to change the chaos troop choices

Shas'el- 97pts Can take out heavy infantry which there probably won't be much of in a 500 point list
PLasma Rifle But if someone does field it we have mobility with the suit and can hopefully kill them off
Missle Pod or I could lash them away if they get close
Targeting Array
Hardwired Multitracker

Daemon Prince- 155pts He was going to use cover to get to the enemy and I will use his lash to either suck smaller
Mos units from casualties to either him of my marines or against hordes to keep them away
Lash from our units until the tau kill an amount off
Wings

Troops-
Fire Warriors x11- 125pts Basic covering fire for all infantry
Shasui
Bonding Knife

Chaos Marines x10- 200pts They will sit back and shot the las and then will assault when needed with the
Aspiring Champ w/ Power weapon Power weapon
Lascannon

Elites-
Crisis Suit x1 - 47pts Light tank killer and anti horde
Twin-Missilpods
Flamer

Fast Attack-
Gun Drones x8 - 96pts If they do run a semi heavy tank Deepstrike to rear armor or used to pests
and to contest points

Heavy-
Ion Head x1 - 130pts Take out MEQs and other light tanks as well
Ion cannon
Burst Cannons
Distruption Pods
Multitracker

Vindicator- 145pts Take out all infantry
Daemonic Poss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.