Tourney 2000 Nurgle splashed w/Tzeentch (suggestions please) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tourney 2000 Nurgle splashed w/Tzeentch (suggestions please)

Before there are too many suggestions about adding Khornate or Slanneshi units, my fluff combines the enemies Nurgle and Tzeentch in a cohesive force. I am committed to this army so I'd like to stick to N/Tz but still make my army viable/competitive.

HQ:
    DP w/MoN, Wings, Warptime 175pta
    DP w/MoTz, Wings, Warptime, Breath of Chaos 205Pts
    Greater Daemon 100pts

Elites:
    Chaos Dreadnought w/TL Lascannon 125

Troops:
    9 Plague Marines w/Champ w/PF, 2x Melta Guns + Rhino w/Pintle Combi Flamer 267pts
    9 Plague Marines w/Champ w/PF, 2x Plasma Guns + Rhino w/Pintle Combi Melta 277pts
    10 Thousand Sons w/Doom Bolt + Rhino w/Pintle Combi Melta 285pts

Heavy Support
    Chaos Vindicator w/Daemonic Posession 145pts
    Defiler w/2X CCW 150pts

1999pts

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited by thegodofnothing; June 29th, 2009 at 22:09.
    "LET'S COMMENCE PREPARATIONS FOR RUMBLING!" Mono-Tzeentch 1:1:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MY 2 PENNETH

HQ:
    DP w/MoN, Wings, Warptime 175pta
    FINE
    DP w/MoTz, Wings, Warptime, Breath of Chaos 205Pts
    FINE
    Greater Daemon 100pts
    LIKE - BUT WHO IS HE BOUNCING OFF? ALL YOUR CHAMPS HAVE POWER FISTS MAKING HIM OCST 100+15 (CHAMP) +25 (pf). I WOULD DROP HIM FOR MORE TROOPS

Elites:
    CHANGE THE LAS CANNON TO ML. MAYBE ADD HEAVY FLAMERS. SAVE 40 OR 50 POINTS. LAS CANNONS MEAN THEY KILL EACH OTHER

Troops:
    9 Plague Marines w/Champ w/PF, 2x Melta Guns + Rhino w/Pintle Combi Flamer 267pts
    9 Plague Marines w/Champ w/PF, 2x Plasma Guns + Rhino w/Pintle Combi Melta 277pts
    10 Thousand Sons w/Doom Bolt + Rhino w/Pintle Combi Melta 285pts
    LIKE, TEMPTED TO REDUCE THE SIZE OF TH TS UNIT
    WOULD USE POINTS SAVED FROM DREADS, PLUS LOOSING THE DEMON, TO BUY ANOTHER RHINO WITH SOME PLAGUE MARINES, MAYBE 3 SQUADS OF AROUND 7 OR 8

Heavy Support
    DONT LIKE VINDS PERSONALLY. i WOULD BE TEMPTED TO REPLACE WITH DEFIELERS WITH 2 CC WEAPONS OR 2 OBS, DAKKA PRED, LAS CANNON/HB PRED OR LAS/AC PREDS
    Defiler w/2X CCW 150pts
    1999pts

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks![/quote]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

Couple suggestions I have for you:
    Switch the MoTz with the MoN on one DP and keep Warptime, these guys are amazing in CC as a Nurgle Demons. (save 30)

Take the lascannons off of the Dreadnaughts, the last thing you want is a crazed Dreadnaught blowing up a Rhino with troops in it. Replace these with Missile Launchers as you can just say they're firing frag missiles at your tanks which won't harm them. (save 70)

Cut your Plague Marine squads to 7 which is the magic number for them, and the 1000 Sons down to 9. (Save 105)

Cut the Vindicators for Predators with Lascannon sponsons for extra anti-tank (save 20)

Cut the champ w/power fist and plasma guns from the one squad of Plague Marines and add Flamers for extra anti-infantry. (save 60)

Cut the pintle weapons from the Rhinos (save 30).

Cut the Greater Demon, your champs cost too much and are to well equiped to be sacrificing them. (save 100).

Things I would add:
    Make another squad of Plague Marines with champ w/PF and 2 melta guns with Rhino. (256 pts)

add personal icons to each squad of troops. (20 pts)

add a squad of 4 terminators with 1x PF, 1x Heavy Flamer and 3x Combi-Melta. (150 pts)

This should all work out to 2000 pts exact (unless I did my math wrong, there was a lot of adding and subtracting going on there).

Hope that helped

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greater Demon comes out of any champ. What happens if there's only one guy he's supposed to come out of and he dies? or if he doesn't come in until later that squad is under powered. As for 7 man plague squads I know it's more fluffy but I really find any less than 8/9 really not surviving as long as I'd like to. I will take these suggestions though and take 2 squads of 2 Oblits instead of Vindicators, drop the amount of guys in each squad to fit in another squad of plague marines and flamers. I will also give the Dreads MLs and Heavy Flamers. I'll post the list tomorrow and I'll probably test it as well. Thanks for the suggestions and I'll get back to you w/results.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright after a bunch of playtesting I've completely switched my list around. Sadly I'm dropping the Tzeentch for more of an edge. I'll probably just keep it for my army fluff:

HQ:
    DP w/MoN, Wings, Warptime 175pts
    DP w/MoN, Wings, Warptime 175pts
    Greater Daemon 100pts

Troops:
    8 Plague Marines w/Champ w/PF, 2x Melta Guns + Rhino w/Pintle Combi Melta 289pts
    7 Plague Marines w/Champ w/PF, 2x Melta Guns + Rhino w/Pintle Combi Melta 266pts
    8 Plague Marines w/Champ w/PF, 2x Melta Guns + Rhino w/Pintle Combi Flamer 289pts
    7 Plague Marines w/Champ w/PF, 2x Melta Guns + Rhino w/Pintle Combi Flamer 266pts

Heavy Support
    Defiler w/2X CCW 150pts

2000pts

+ Reply to Thread