Librarium Online Forums banner

new 1000 pt army

532 views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Mastergeek666 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello fellow chaos worshipers! I've been playing with my 1000 pt army for a while now but i'd like to do two things in one fell swoop. Essentially killing two birds with one stone. I've compiled an army list to upgrade my 1000 to a 1750 for tourneys and such but due to some rules me a my buddies came up with so as to prevent total domination since we are all just starting to play was in our 1000 pt armies we have no Heavy support. While this works great between us friends it doesn't work out to much at clubs. So i've decided to create a new 1000 pt that incorporates heavy support that will also double as an upgrade to my first 1000 pt army. Here is the upgrade:

Abbadon 275pts
Chaos Terminators x 5
Champion x 5
Pair of Lightning Claw x 5
Mark of Khorne
Total - 280pts
Defiler
Twin-Linked Lascannon
Total - 170 pts
Khorne Beserkers x 10
Skull Champion
Power Weapon
Total - 240pts
Rhino - 35pts

1000 pts even. I unfortunately wish i had an extra 5pts to give the khorne beserkers a personal icon so that i can put them into the rhino run them 12'' disembark and then deep strike safely 6'' further from the berserkers so that the enemy has Abbadon and 5 termies that are dangerously close to them. Maybe if i drop the power weapon off the champion. Well thats that comments are welcome. Thanks.

::: POINT COSTS EDITED OUT ::: ~Rabbit

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Just a few things. You need two troop choices you only have one in that list. Y

Your elite and HQ choice take up half the points here. As cool as Abbadon can be I'd recommend taking him out and saved for games where you have a larger point cap. Maybe get a Lord in terminator armour. Or Perhaps a sorcerer with MoTzeentch, wind of chaos and warptime.

Might also be worth shedding off the Lascannon on the defiler. Its standard gear is more than enough anti tank and if that fails it has fleet and two dreadnaught close combat weapons. (Thats strength ten. Pretty much any hits you make with it can blow up even some of the strongest tanks.

May also be worth considering upgrading that power weapon to a power fist. Infact taking off the lascannon will give you the points you need too Get a power fist and that personal icon.

#3 ·
Hello. First, welcome to Librarium online :) Feel free to ask me or another mod any questions you might have.

Second, I've removed the individual point costs of upgrades from your army list, as it's against forum rules and is copyright infringement. You can, however, include the point cost of any squad or individual model that constitute a squad without violating copyright. So, for example:

Chaos Marine Squad Squad- 190 points
*10x marines
**champ with power fist

Or

Chaos Obliterator Squad- 75 points
*1x obliterator

For a list of forum rules, please see: Librarium Online - FAQ: Rules of Librarium Online

Finally, army lists should be posted in the respective army list section. You can find the chaos army list link at the top of chaos forum page.

*thread moved*

#4 ·
Thanks

Yeah sorry didn't see that link. XD as for the terminator squad i think there can be 5 champs because the codex says and I quote, "Any models may be upgraded to Terminator Champions for 10 pts per model."

#7 ·
So I've working the list around and I've finally come to a finished list. Here it is:

• Daemon Prince w/ wings, MoN, Warptime
  • Terminators x 5 all champs, all with Pairs of Lightning Claws and MoK
  • Khorne Beserkers x 10 w/ champ who has PF and personal Icon
  • Khorne Beserkers x 5
  • Defiler
  • Rhino for 10 man zerker squad

Thats that and as far as strategy it is still pretty much the same considering I can deep strike the deamon prince(due to wings). Gonna run rhino with zerkers as far as I can and if it seems to risky I'll pop smoke then continue my rush. Deploy and deep strike safely right in the enemies face. The defiler will be blowing up stuff whilst my army advances and then proceed to run in for a devastating assault.

#8 ·
Deep striking isn't always the best option. Especially considering you want those sucka's in close combat. Demon Prince has wings, that's 12" movement and then 6" charge range.

If you deepstrike anything in you can't charge and a smart or fast opponent will make sure to charge/shoot them before you get it to rob you of attacks.

The demon prince will soak up a lot of fire and due to the mark of Nurgle it will have one hell of a survival rate with the mark of nurgle added. Just run him straight into the enemies face and have the zerkers and Termies follow up closely behind and charge charge charge! Defiler is good at laying down some great firepower.

If you oponent has some heavy tank armour and your defiler isnt cutting it your prince or the powerfist could easily be used too punch a hole straight throguh them. If that fails the defiler has two close cobmat weapons and fleet.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.