Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Well here it is! Comments appreciated.
Terminator Lord with MoK and daemon wep.
Terminators x 5, all champions, all with pair of lightning claw, and MoK.
2 x 10 man Zerker squad with champ who has power fist, and personal icon. Both have dedicated rhino.
Defiler with 2 extra close combat weps.
Land Raider with havoc launcher (for termies and just overall amaziness).
Well thats that. As stated comments appreciated.
Here it goes:
1. I'm kind of confused, is the plan to throw the termies into the land raider and deep strike your lords?
2. Demon Weapons are a waste of points IMHO. Yes, the chance at an additional 6 attacks is a bonus, but the fact that there's a chance you could not attack at all and take a wound out balances that. I'd personally change the chaos lord and Typhus to a Demon Prince w/wings, MoS and Lash for the same amount of points as your chaos lord, they're just devastating.
3. The termie squad costs WAY too much. There's no need they need to be champions at all and the lightning claws could be better. I'd change them to a variation of the Karmoon special, it's an absolutely brutal squad. (If you haven't seen the squad, it would be 5 termies w/ one PF and 5 combi-meltas for 185 pts).
4. If you really want another troop killing heavy choice, make it another Defiler, overall I think they're better than the Vindicator.
5. Remove the havoc launcher from the Land Raider, you have enough troop killing power, add a dozer blade to make sure those terminators make it to the spot you need them to.
6. You need more troops. I personally love Khorne Berzerkers so I'm not going to say change them (others probably will though). You seem to have about 150 pts left according to my math with all these changes so I'd add a squad of 11 lesser demons.
Hope that helps
Well my tactic was to through the chaos lord and typhus into the land raider while keeping the terminators in reserves. Land raider keeps hq's safe while i rush them towards the enemy. then with the rhinos i rush the beserkers in for CC and deep strike the terminators safely for devastating CC whilst the defiler is blowing through infantry till it gets close enough to tear it up. The vindicator is also in the semi back blowing up troops and tanks alike. I agree with the havoc being removed from the land raider and i was thinking of giving the rhinos and raider dozer blades so that if i'm playing a heavily terrain'd map I won't accidentally blow up my vehicles. An alternative strategy concerning the terminators and HQ pieces was essentially switch there spots so that my HQ pieces can be deep struck where needed instead. As for the daemon weapon its a 17% chance to roll ones and in my experience out of all the games played I've done it 3 times at not really crucial moments however I do concede that it is a risk, but considering my army being really CC heavy it is a gamble itself rushing all my pieces into battle. I semi agree with the terminator squad idea but i plan to put magnetic arms so that i may interchange as i see fit and although then will dominate CC against everything with the exception to heavy tanks my heavy support will be focused on taking those down before terminators even get there furthermore with land raider/deep strike tactic I don't plan on being vulnerable as they will pretty much start in CC due to the assault vehicle rule. Finally I do agree with the fact that in my army list i have a total of 27 pieces which is sadly less then my 1000 point army although I don't have HS in that list. I much prefer quality over quantity as most games I partake in end with my wiping more then double their numbers before finally dying. I appreciate you taking your time to put in your two sense about my list and your ideas/problems will be taken into account. Thanks again for your time.
Unless I'm mistaken, which I don't believe I am, your plan of the 2 HQs in the Land Raider is illegal. You cant put more than one unit in a transport no matter how many models it can fit. Now obviously this can be gotten around by having an independant character join a regular squad to get in the transport with them, but ICs cannot join with other ICs to get in a transport together, sorry.
Oh sorry must of wrote it wrong or something one of my HQ is in reserve so that i can deep strike right into the action safely. So it's either 1 hq in tank and other in termy squad in reserve or termy squad in tank while one hq in reserve and one just one the field. Although...hmmm in and hq is in a transport do you count it as having 1 hq on the board? since its 1 hq 2 troop min.
The land raider wont be able to start on the table in Dawn of War missions. It takes up a heavy support choice.
Also, read the little blurb under the DoW mission. You can deploy:
2 troops (on foot)
1 troop in a dedicated transport.
Mirage Arcana Podcast
The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to plot tactics for each mission type as well as for different deployment. Thanks again. Also I love your little fluff statement! Thumbs up to that statement lol
Last edited by Mastergeek666; July 2nd, 2009 at 05:20.