1500, pretty much Thousand Sons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    205 (x7)

1500, pretty much Thousand Sons

Gday,

I had my eye on a Tzeentch army as well as my Khorne one for a while, I threw this together and reckon it covers most bases, in anti tank, anti MEQ, anti horde. It's not the normal 'rhino rush' Chaos that everyone seems to go for, I've aimed more for an implacable advance across the the table:

HQ - Chaos Sorcerer - 180
    Mark of Tzeentch, Warp Time, Bolt of Change

T - 8x Thousand Sons + Aspiring Sorcerer - 254
    Doom Bolt

T - 8x Thousand Sons + Aspiring Sorcerer - 254
    Doom Bolt.

T - 8x Thousand Sons + Aspiring Sorcerer - 269
    Bolt of Change

E - Chaos Dreadnought - 100
    Multi Melta

HS - 3x Obliterators

HS - Predator - 105
    Auto Cannon, Heavy Bolters, Pintle TL Bolter

HS - Predator - 105
    Auto Cannon, Heavy Bolters, Pintle TL Bolter

TOTAL - 1492

A couple of points:

-HQ will join the squad with Bolt of Change, so I can throw out a couple of Bolts just in case I need them.

-I went for 2 pintle bolters on the Preds rather than a single Havoc Launcher, so in my 1750 list, I can just add another Doombolt Thousand Son unit (254 points).

Thoughts?

Tim

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

951 (x8)

HQ: He is a very expensive way to get an underpoweres lascannon. Especially as you would have to turn off lots of loverly AP3 bolter fire to use it. Take a daemon prince with MoT, Wings, warptime and doombolt.

Troops: drop Bolt of Change for doombolt. Let other units deal with armour. Take a meltabomb if you are worried by too many tanks.

Heavy: Oblits are great. Try to get AC+2LC preds instead, they are a good all round design.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

have you thought about a full-out footslogg theme for this army? you'd only need to drop the dreadnaught and the preds for some havocs, preferably missile launcher ones. they give you some needed long range anti-tank and some pretty good anti-swarm ability, which your list lacks at at the moment, at least in my oppinion.

dropping the pred and the dread, you get 310 points to do something with. i'd get 2 squad of 6 havocs each with 3 missile launchers for 150 points each. i feel that missle launchers are more effective against swarms than a dakka pred, with all those cover saves drastically reducing the amount of wounds your heavy bolters and autocannons deal.

you could also include 4 more oblits for the freed up points, they can be pretty anti-horde, too with their plasma cannons, plus they add some good long range anti-tank and devastating short range anti-tank.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

Thanks for the replies guys,

Some good stuff there to think about, I certainly didn't think about using Havocs, thinking instead about the Predator I have sitting around doing nothing right now....some things to think about

Cheers,
    Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

205 (x7)

OK, I've changed the list up slightly. I have a Land Raider lying around doing nothing, and decided to chuck it into the list, to save selling it and having to buy a Pred anyway. Here we go, 1500 and 1750:

HQ - Sorcerer
    MoT, Warptime, Doombolt

T - 8x Thousand Sons and 1x Aspiring Sorcerer
    Doombolt

Doombolt

Doombolt

HS - Landraider

HS - Predator
    AC/HB, Havoc Launcher

HS - 3x Obliterators

TOTAL - 1487

NEXT 250...

T - 10x Chaos Space Marines
    Heavy Bolter

E - Dreadnaut
    Multimelta

TOTAL - 1747

I know the changes are slight, with some power shifted around, and the Raider in there, but any other thoughts? I thought the Raider does add something cool to the list, in term of fire power and a transport...but if it's such a big mistake, it easy enough to sell really....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

I'd take a second squad of Oblits over the Land Raider, they have an extra lascannon shot for tank killing and a better gun for swarm killing with the plasmacannon. They also seem to fit the theme a bit better. That being said, I do know that they are more suceptible to being killed by troops than a Land Raider but let's face it, everyone has some sort of PF or PK nowadays anyway.

+ Reply to Thread