2000pt List - opinions? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt List - opinions?

An army list of 2000pts. It seems to work so far.
    Any Opinions?

HQ:
    Abaddon 275

Elites:
    4 Terminators 190 {+240}
    - Marck of Tzeentch, pair of lightning claws, reaper autocannon
    - Transported in a Landraider +240pts (Havoc launcher, twin-linked bolter)
    4 Terminators 205
    - Mark of Tzeentch, chainfist, combi-melta, combi-flamer, heavy flamer, lightning claw, aspiring champion

Troops:
    10 Chaos Marines 200
    - 2 Melta guns, Champion, power weapon
    10 Chaos Marines 210
    - 2 Plasma Guns, Champion, power weapon
    10 Chaos Marines 210

Heavy Support:
    8 Havocs 200
    - 3 Missile Launchers, champion, twin-linked bolter
    8 havocs 220 {+50}
    - 2 meltaguns, 2 heavy bolters, Champion, powerfist, combi-melta
    - Transported in a Rhino +50 (Havoc launcher)-sometimes they walk while the rhino acts as a mobile havoc launcher and/or a shield

Total: 2000points exactly.

Last edited by cypher371; July 10th, 2009 at 03:48.
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello sir, i have to say right off the bat at 2000 pts you need more guys.

Abaddon 275

Elites:
    4 Terminators 190 {+240}
    - Marck of Tzeentch, pair of lightning claws, reaper autocannon
    - Transported in a Landraider +240pts (Havoc launcher, twin-linked bolter)

ok so i noticed that you have abaddon in a squad of termies, here is the issue, you have only one tank running twords a army all buy itself. granted its a land raider, however, if its the only thing to shoot at its gonna get destroyed wich means you have to hike the rest of the way. thats gonna get you killed very quick and all those points go down the drain. even if you do get accross...5 guys vs a army, your gonna get stomped.

two: abaddon is not worth the points, id get a lord with lghtning claws, or demon wepon, and a mark of tzeench, or a sorcerer at a much cheeper cost, and still kick butt.

three: get rid of the havoc launchers, they never make up there points. also use the points elsewere in the army. same goes for the bolter

4 Terminators 205
    - Mark of Tzeentch, chainfist, combi-melta, combi-flamer, heavy flamer, lightning claw, aspiring champion

honestly i would do a karmoon special and either all plasma and one hevy flamer, or all combi plasma. put only one fist in and get rid of the lightning claw, unless they are in pairs why waste the points?get rid of the chainfist as well...its to much points for doing the same as the PF.

Troops:
    10 Chaos Marines 200
    - 2 Melta guns, Champion, power weapon
    10 Chaos Marines 210
    10 Chaos Marines 210

all should have power fists, and rhinos...get rid of the power wepons they are usless in my opinion. Also..plasma is cool but if your walking then there range is limited and you cannot assult when you fire them. i recomend melts or flamers. you also need IOG( icon of chaos glory) you will run off the board if not.

Heavy Support:
    8 Havocs 200
    - 3 Missile Launchers, champion, twin-linked bolter
    not bad....but get rid of the havoc launcher in the squad below and put in another missle luncher, missle launcher havocs are nasty and do well on the field.

8 havocs 220 {+50}
    - 2 meltaguns, 2 heavy bolters, Champion, powerfist, combi-melta
    - Transported in a Rhino +50 (Havoc launcher)-sometimes they walk while the rhino acts as a mobile havoc launcher and/or a shield

ok....get rid of the heavy bolters and arm them with melta guns....speed twords the enemy and watch them cringe when four melta guns blast into the side of the tank or a terminatoer squad. also buy mixing meltas and heavy bolters you lose ther role on the battle field. you want the whole squad to work together not have two differnt functions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've considered replacing the heavy bolters for meltas because that does sound nasty.

With all my armies in the past its always been rhio transports for eveyone so for once i've decided to try it out infantry style.

I was thinking of trying out tons of obliterators. then perhaps downgrade the havocs to melta/flamer heavy chosen units.

don't know what to do with termies because i've always like my termies units to be able to be a bit all round.

Abaddon i've always found useful, because i have litterally wiped out half armies with him, but i do see where your coming from with his points cost, him alone is 1/8 of my army - what do u thinkof replacing him with a Slaanesh Daemon Prince with wings and lash of submission (often use that to move enemies into a ton of bolter fire then i charge in)

The tanks i can say will be temporary, but u are right about the landraider's bolter being useless, that i will happily remove.

Although i can see where your coming from with the power weapons, I just don't like power fists, i suppose with the points i free up i could give them melta bombs to deal with tanks, then again melta's do that. Oh wait you mean things like monstrous creatures.... I often find the plasma deals with them. I don't know, what do you think... i'm just confusing myself now.
    Win Loss Ratios:
    GK: 2:1 Daemons: 5:2 SoB: 5:1 CSM: 1:1 IG: 5:2 BA: 3:1 Deathwing: 6:1 Ravenwing: 1:3 DA 3rd Company: 3:1 SM: 3:1 Necrons: 5:1

+ Reply to Thread