2000pt Khorne Daemonzilla list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Khorne Daemonzilla list

I wanted to make a list that would have a very classic "Demons from hell" kinda look to it. Khorne Demons conveniently fit that stereotype quite well. =)

So here's my theoretical list for 2,000 points, it has the added bonus of only needing to memorize three stat lines, lol.

----------------------------------------------

Blood Thirster

Blessing of the Blood God
    Unholy Strength

Blood Thirster
    Unholy Strength

Bloodletters x 10

Bloodletters x 10

Bloodletters x 10

Bloodletters x 10

Bloodletters x 10

Daemon Prince
    Mark of Khorne
    Iron Hide
    Unholy Strength
    Daemonic Flight

Daemon Prince
    Mark of Khorne
    Iron Hide
    Unholy Strength
    Daemonic Flight

Daemon Prince
    Mark of Khorne
    Iron Hide
    Unholy Strength
    Daemonic Flight

----------------------------------------------

For the Demon Princes, I'd likely use Be'lakor painted red to match the other demons.

For my first wave I was thinking the three Demon Princes and two units of Bloodletters, with the Bloodthirsters and the remaining three Bloodletter units as the second wave.

For 1850 I'd just drop a unit of Bloodletters, for 1500 I'd change.... ummm... I'm not sure what I'd drop to go down to 1500 actually...

What do you think of it? The list, using the Be'lakor model, what to drop for 1500pts, the splitting of the waves... any of it. =)

Last edited by CrimsonAngel; July 16th, 2009 at 02:45.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

If you can find them, get the old bloodthirster models. the games day ones. they are hilariously tiny, and sit on the same base as a daemon prince.

I run a similar list, and I have a big bloodthirster and a baby bloodthirster. they shall call him, MINI ME

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiketrap View Post

I run a similar list, and I have a big bloodthirster and a baby bloodthirster. they shall call him, MINI ME
    Have you had any luck with it?
    I'm really wondering if an all Khorne Daemonzilla list like this can win, ever. lol
    (I don't need to be a top tournament player, I just don't want to embarrass myself)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I have done excessively well with it. I usually table my opponents by turn 5, but i do not run a khorne-only army. It is mostly bloodthirsters and bloodletters, however.

I abuse flamers of tzeentch and tzeentch daemon princes. you NEED to have something that can kill tanks from a distance. against marines, you will never have any trouble killing their tanks with your guys, but against eldar, tau, and orks you will be absolutely obliterated without the meltaguns. Also concider soul grinders, as they can really mess up tanks and infantry with reckless abaondon.

Flamers are actually your best tank hunting unit. the auto glance is reall really nice on land raiders, as the worst case scenario is it only shoots 1 gun a turn instead of 12. you can also completely flatten big shooty squads like lootas on the first turn. in the last tournament I played in, I dropped my squad next to a full 10 man terminator squad led by marneus calgar. at the end of that shooting phase, all that was left was a marneus calgar with 2 wounds on him they are retardedly good at killing problem units. they also are pretty cheap for what they do. you can run them in squads of 3 with a bolt of tzeentch for 135 points, deep strike behind scary tanks, shoot the rear armor with a meltagun and get 2 chances to glance it. then, your opponent HAS to shoot them and not your khornate guys, unless they feel like letting you do that again to their other vehicles/stand and shoot squads

People usually look at a daemon army and say "all I have to do is stand back and shoot them." against khorne by itself, that tactic is an autowin for them. if you throw in the tzeetch daemons for ranged punch/target softening, that tactic simply gets them slaughtered.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Hmm...

Personally, I'd cut out one unit of bloodletters, and drop unholy might from everything besides one bloodthirster. This will give you enough points to field 6 bloodcrushers, fielded any way you like. I like 3 units of 2 crushers, but 2 units of 3 crushers, or 1 unit of 6 all work well. Bloodcrushers are great for the resilient elites with a large number of attacks, like berserkers, harlequins, wyches, and assault marines.

Otherwise the list looks good.
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

I second the need for bloodcrushers. They just kill people.

+ Reply to Thread