1500pts Iron warriors, casual/light competive. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy
 

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!


Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Member hercsam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    1500pts Iron warriors, casual/light competive.

    HQ


    Daemon prince - 140
    Wings
    Doombolt


    Elites

    (Karmoon special) 150
    4 Terminators
    Heavyflamer
    3 Combi-plasma



    Troops

    Chaos space marine squad 1 -260
    10 Marines
    Champ
    Powerfist
    PI
    IOCG
    2 x Melta
    rhino


    Chaos space marine squad 2 -270
    10 Marines
    Champ
    Powerfist
    PI
    IOCG
    2 x Plasma
    Rhino

    Chaos space marine squad 2 -245
    10 Marines
    powerfist
    PI
    Champ
    IOCG
    Rhino


    Fast Attack =144
    3 CSM Bikers
    2x melta guns
    IOCG
    Champ

    Heavy support

    Vindicator w/ Deamonic possesion 145
    Vindicator w/ Daemonic possesion 145

    total =1499


    Stragety: Daemon prince runs towards most annoying Infantry, The vindicators move up with the rhino's popping smoke till they get in range ( 2nd turn ) then aim for most infantry units , the bikes go after tanks turboboosting on turn one towards the tanks and using the inv/cover save given to try and surrive. Respective first squad goes after tanks, 2nd infantry and 3rd Try and capture an objective. I've tried to keep this army fluffy, I've used PM Before and love them, but Im not really sure how to fit them into an Iron warriors army for fluff reasons. Any advice or changes would be greatly appricated

    Last edited by hercsam; July 20th, 2009 at 18:43.
    Iron Warriors 13th Grand Company/ Order of the Argent Shroud/ Necrons of the planet XOS/ Hive fleet Ijsdier

  2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    4 (x1)

    Lot of input to give, little time to do so.
    Deamon Prince, Woo. Give him a mark. Any mark. Slaanesh sounds amusing to me. (but I'm a fan of it anyway)

    Karmoon Special.
    I've never been a fan of flamers, but your milage WILL vary, and I'm thinking I might just be coming around to it now.

    CSM squads:
    Uh. what's PI? (Plague Icon? Wouldn't that be Icon of Nurgle or MoN?)
    If you REALLY want to capture the objectives, can you squeeze in the IoN?
    Give the third squad's Champ a pfist, if you can.

    Bikes:
    I don't see a good way to "fix" this squad, and I do believe it needs fixing.
    Heck. infiltrated chosen would be "better", with 5 meltaguns, and you would save 4 points.

    Vindicators.
    *silly grin* I'm not sure about the possession on these guys. I'm convinced that hitting with your weapons is highly, highly important. and having the templates land on your own squad is a very-very-bad thing. Not to mention, if you REALLY want the possession, well, learn to sacrifice buckets of KFC (or something) to the dice gods, cause you could easily lose yourself a battle if that template moves the wrong way. And of course, it always does for me.

    Maelwyse

  4. #3
    Member hercsam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by Maelwyse View Post
    Lot of input to give, little time to do so.
    Deamon Prince, Woo. Give him a mark. Any mark. Slaanesh sounds amusing to me. (but I'm a fan of it anyway)

    Karmoon Special.
    I've never been a fan of flamers, but your milage WILL vary, and I'm thinking I might just be coming around to it now.

    CSM squads:
    Uh. what's PI? (Plague Icon? Wouldn't that be Icon of Nurgle or MoN?)
    If you REALLY want to capture the objectives, can you squeeze in the IoN?
    Give the third squad's Champ a pfist, if you can.

    Bikes:
    I don't see a good way to "fix" this squad, and I do believe it needs fixing.
    Heck. infiltrated chosen would be "better", with 5 meltaguns, and you would save 4 points.

    Vindicators.
    *silly grin* I'm not sure about the possession on these guys. I'm convinced that hitting with your weapons is highly, highly important. and having the templates land on your own squad is a very-very-bad thing. Not to mention, if you REALLY want the possession, well, learn to sacrifice buckets of KFC (or something) to the dice gods, cause you could easily lose yourself a battle if that template moves the wrong way. And of course, it always does for me.

    Maelwyse
    Can always give him Slanesh for the extra I.
    PI = Personal icon, its used for deep striking and summong Lesser Daemons.
    The Chosen might be a better idea, my thinking for the bikes was a suicide/anti-tank unit that will take out the tank, but die quickly to distract them from the moving vindicators. Now about the template thing. I don't have much experience in templates hitting my own men, however I try and aim at least a good 18'' away just to be safe
    And I thought the third squad had a PF. I thank you for your advice and your aid . I Like theh idea of chosen instead (( gives me some nice customizating time ). However im worried about giving the Daemon prince a mark due to Fluffyness reasons on the Iron warriors. However Im sure I can get away with perhaps Khorne. I disagree with the templates but thats just from my personal experience, They day they blow up my troops is the day the dice gods will pay! . Thank you for your advice.
    Iron Warriors 13th Grand Company/ Order of the Argent Shroud/ Necrons of the planet XOS/ Hive fleet Ijsdier

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    4 (x1)

    RIGHT! Personal Icons! woot. Stupid uh... not-brain.

    Yeah. That actually makes the army more stable, and probably a bit more fun to play.

    See if you can't put a Personal icon on the chosen, too? (No codex/rulebook here at work, sorry.)
    If you wanted to be REALLY frustrating, dump 5 plasmaguns instead of meltas and wipe up the MEQ troops, while still being a threat to everything smaller than landraiders. Your oppenent MUST get these guys dead before shooting anything else in your army.

    As for your termies. I could really appreciate 5 combi flamers...

    Land. Flamers. Nothing left to assault... *sigh*

    Maelwyse

  6. #5
    Member hercsam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Sounds like a plan to me, sadly my codex isnt with me either >_>. I left it at home while im on a small family trip. But the chosen plasma sound likea plan to me, however I Still prefear combi-plasma for my terminators. Killed too many other terminators that way and sneaky Leaders for fun . Hopefully will rewrite this with the Chosen, will definitly need the Iron warriors converstion pack to make them look awsome
    Iron Warriors 13th Grand Company/ Order of the Argent Shroud/ Necrons of the planet XOS/ Hive fleet Ijsdier

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    6 (x1)

    You don't need a Personal icon on the squad if you already have another icon such as Iocon of Khorne ect. Also you can't give personal icons to regualr marines just the cult marines because you cant give them icons they already have them.

    But yeah, all the icons (Chaos Glory, Khorne, nurgle, Tzeentch) have the deepstrike effect!

  8. #7
    Member hercsam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    32
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    1 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by OhDearMoshe View Post
    You don't need a Personal icon on the squad if you already have another icon such as Iocon of Khorne ect. Also you can't give personal icons to regualr marines just the cult marines because you cant give them icons they already have them.

    But yeah, all the icons (Chaos Glory, Khorne, nurgle, Tzeentch) have the deepstrike effect!
    Acuttly Im sure you can, you put it onto the Champions, not the squad itself.
    Iron Warriors 13th Grand Company/ Order of the Argent Shroud/ Necrons of the planet XOS/ Hive fleet Ijsdier

  9. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    26
    Posts
    25
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    6 (x1)

    Quote Originally Posted by hercsam View Post
    Acuttly Im sure you can, you put it onto the Champions, not the squad itself.
    No you can give personal icons to 1k Sons, Bezerkers, Plague marines and Noise marines but not the regular kind. Doesn't really matter anyway as you've given them Icon's in the first place!

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Age
    38
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Reputation
    4 (x1)

    Can't give personal Icons to Chosen, for some strange reason.

    Gotta go all the way to the group icons.

    So, +1 toughness or a 5+ invuln save, or I guess chaos glory.

    Maelwyse

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts