1500 pt balanced Chaos List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 pt balanced Chaos List

Ive recently gotten back into 40k after a couple years of inactivity. I'm attempting to create a balanced Chaos list with only infantry. My regular opponents are mainly Tyranid and Space marines. Here's how its shaping up so far:

HQ:

Daemon Prince- Wings, MoT, Warptime - 175 pts

Chaos Sorceror- MoS, Lash of Submission- 125 pts

Summoned Greater Daemon - 100 pts

Troops:

(x2) Chaos space marines- 7 marines, 1 aspiring Champion with power fist, Icon of Chaos glory- 170 pts each (340 for both)

(x2) 5 summoned lesser Daemons- 65 pts (130 for both)

Fast Attack:

Raptors- 5 raptors, 2 with meltaguns, aspiring champion with lightning claws-180 pts

Heavy support:

Havocs- 5 havocs, 3 lascannons- 180 pts

Havocs- 5 havocs, 3 heavy bolters- 150 pts

Obliterators- 2 oblits- 150 pts

total: 1500 pts

Any feedback anyone can give me on the list would be appreciated. I am looking to keep the army infantry based.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Add doombolt to the MoT prince since the warptime works in his shooting phase too. Sorceror is fine but the greater daemon I would drop as you need points elsewhere. If you like the idea of 2 monsterous creatures then upgrade the sorveror to a lash prince.

Troops: Upgrade the CSMs to 10 with 2 meltas with a rhino. Daemons are ok.

Fast: Good. IoCG or IoS would be good.

Heavy: Oblits are great. Havocs are too expensive and unmanouverable. Just taking more oblits would be good and by having melta armed mechanised CSM squads the troops can deal with tanks too.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are only two problems I have with your revisions.

1) Being as the chaos space marines in rhinos are the only vehicles i will have they will be the only targets for all of my enemy's anti-tank fire, so they probably won't last long. Also, I'ma little fuzzy on the rules but the rhino can only move 6" and fire the meltagun from the passengers correct? If it moves more than that it cannot fire so there is no way ill be able to outrun the monstrous creatures( flexs, tyrants, etc) that my normal opponent usually fields.

2) the reason that i wanted to take havocs, although expensive, is the fact that I have nothing to take out his monsterous creatures from range. Those lascannons were looking like a good idea after I had gotten smashed several times in close combat. As soon as his units get within range, they absolutely wipe the floor with my poor chaos troops

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

If a rhino moves 12" the passengers can get out one of the side doors or even pivot 180 and get out the rear ramp then fire their meltas. You are right about moving 6" and firing from the hatch but if you get out you can move and fire at full movement. This is very useful against tanks etc but advancing tyranid monsterous creatures should be engaged at range as they come to you.

Have you thought about plasmagun havoc squads for killing Carnifexes? The weapons are not nearly as expensive as lascannon and they have nearly the same chance of wounding a TMC. At close range the plasmaguns also get to rappid fire making a huge mess of any big bug.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

You definately need more troops as I wouldn't count the lesser demons as they're arrival is too random and they're sizes are too small. I'd also up the squad sizes of your CSM to 10 for the extra special weapon. Also, if you really want something to draw fire away from your Rhinos, Demon Princes and Oblits do the job nicely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, Ive redone my list to some of ynour suggestions. I guess im just going to drop the only infantry attempt and incorporate some rhinos.

Hq:

Daemon Prince- Wings, MoT, warptime, doombolt- 185 pts

Sorcerer- MoS, Lash of sub- 125 pts

Elites:

Terminators- 5 termies, 4 combi plasmas and 1 with heavy flamer/chainfist- 190 pts

Troops:

(x2) 9 marines, 2 with meltaguns, icon of chaos glory; Aspiring champion with power fist; vanila rhino- 255 pts (510 pts)

fast attack:

Raptors- 4 raptors, 2 with melta guns, icon of chaos glory, aspiring champion with lightning claws- 170 pts

Heavy:

(x2) obliterators (separate squads)- 150 pts

havocs- 6 havocs, 3 plasma guns, rhino- 170 pts

total: 1500 pts

I feel as if i need more troops, but i dont know what to get rid of to free up the points...should i just get rid of the sorceror altogether and make one lash prince?

Should the obliterators be in one squad or two or should i swap them out altogther for a predator tank?

+ Reply to Thread