1750 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1750

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Daemon Prince with MOS, Wings, and Lash = 155

Elites
    Dreadnought with Heavy Flamer and Twin Linked Heavy Bolters = 125

Troops
    Noise Marines X 8, 6 with Sonic Blaster, 1 Blastmaster = 230
    Khorne Zerkers X 10, with Champ, Power weapon, Rhino = 275
    CSM X 10, Champion with Powerfist, 1 melta, 1 flamer, and rhino = 230
    This troop choice is a maybe, open for suggestion from experienced pros
    10 X 1k sons with Champ and bolt of change, this units purpose will be a support unit = 292

i belive if i leave them unprotected without a rhino they might get alot of agro

Heavy Support
    Defiler DCCW = 150
    2 Oblits = 150
    Pred, Lascannon turret, side sponsons heavy bolters= 135
    Total = 1742
    Any suggestions to help me out would be great,

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Here's my thoughts in order of your list. :]

Looks fine. Pretty standard Prince.

I'd rethink the Dread. I'am not a fan of CSM Dreads. They're unpredictable and I don't like to pay those points for an easy to destroy unreliable mech.

Noise Marines look okay. I'm not a personal fan, they're VERY expensive and the torrent of fire isn't as potent as it may seem. Upgrade all of them if you take them, looks like 1 has a Bolter.

Zerkers look okay but that Champ needs a PFist. Let's them threaten armor and not be stomped by MCs. Always throw a PFist on Champions if possible.

1k Sons look good. Solid Troops that are hardish to kill. I don't know if you play a lot of MEQs, but if not I'd think of Plague Marines. They are rocks and with Meltas or Plasmas can get a lot done. Also very useful for tarpitting a unit until your Zerkers or Prince can come clean up.

Defiler is fine. Oblits are always a solid pick, if you had the points somewhere an Icon is a good afterthought. Sometimes it's advantageous to DS them but it's not that important.

I don't like Preds with a Lascannon/HB mix. The Lascannon pops tanks and the HBs pop infantry. Either go all Lascannon for tank hating or, my personal fav, Autocannon and 2x HB. This can pop lighter vehicles, is cheap and can really lay hurt on infantry.

Overall I'd drop the Dread and use those points to bump the anti-tank capabilities. All you have a Blastermaster, a Prince and 3 Lascannons. Getting some Meltas in the Troops and cheapening that Pred gives you some more options.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heyy thanks for the advice man really helped out alot, what do u think about chaos bikes, a sqaud of 3 and 1 with melta, i can free some some space for that, so u belive those will help, and ohh that 1 guy has a bolter because i only have 6 sonic blasters in total, 1 that comes in the pack and 5 that come in the bitz pack, didnt wanna spend 25 dollars for just 1 sonic blaster , but i can take him out off the squad to free up 25 points
    Last edited by illestsaini; August 1st, 2009 at 20:49. Reason: forgot to add something

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Bikes are some of my favorite Tank Busters. High T, good BS and they can help assault if there isn't armor to threaten. I'd try to make room for 2 Meltas though, that one gun missing can screw you and maybe lose the unit.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

+ Reply to Thread