2k nurgle CSM - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2k nurgle CSM

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k nurgle CSM

This list was given to me by hotspike18. TY HOTSPIKE!!!!!!! I am posting it up not to disrespect him in any ways i just thought that the list should be here. Also wanted to see what you guys thought of his list.

2000 Points

Chaos Lord - Terminator Armor, Mark of Nurgle, Daemon Weapon
    Terminators [x4] - Icon of Nurgle, Chainfist, Combi - Melta/Plasma (x4 )
    Dreadnought - Plasmacannon
    Dreadnought - Plasmacannon
    Plague Marines [x8] - Champion with Powerfist and Icon, Meltaguns x2, Rhino Transport
    Plague Marines [x8] - Champion with Powerfist and Icon, Meltaguns x2, Rhino Transport
    Defiler - (+2 ex) DCCW
    Defiler - (+2 ex) DCCW

You liking a Terminator Lord works just fine with Nurgle, as if you give him a Daemon Weapon it'll be the best one we can offer. This is a pretty aggressive list, so I hope you'll like it. Also, with the many templates you'll be able to throw around, it'll help a bit if you find yourself outnumbered, which, will happen to you quit a bit using all Plague Marines.

Plague Marines don't get to use their advantages against most special and heavy weapons like Plasmaguns and Missile Launchers, so you'll need to protect them from those as much as possible. Also, avoid getting stuck into drawn out combats where a hidden powerfist or somesuch from the enemy can whittle your squad down without them using any Feel No Pain saves.

If you're looking for more of a long range list try something along these lines - switch out the Plague Marine Meltaguns for Plasmaguns, bring three Predators (probably the Autocannon Turret, Lascannon Sponson variant), some Deep Striking Terminators and then if you've enough points sprinkle in some other stuff you'd like to try.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

It's a decent list. Some things could end up hurting you though.

I'm guessing the Termies DS. That's fine, with Combi-Meltas they can hopefully pop a vehicle the turn they come in. It is a lot of points in one unit, I assume the Lord comes a long, and at 2k points most armies will have ample firepower to put a hurt on them when they come down. Also a lot of players know how to prevent DS in their backboard. The Icons let you put them down reliably, but maybe not always as close as you like.

Not a fan of Dreads at all. They can go crazy and hurt your units, and if you deploy them with this in mind they are often unsupported and easily dealt with. For the points you could almost buy a Land Raider which would deliver your HQ more reliably and block your easily killed Rhinos.

I'd give half the Troops Plasmaguns. The Termies can drop (or be transported) to pop a tank and Plasma still threatens a lot of armor. Plasma let's them sit on an objective and lay some hurt on things, where Melta isn't usually long enough range.

Defilers look fine. Decent CC threat if directed at the right unit, beware PFists and the like though, low WS and I will get them wrecked.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would you replace all melta with plasmas? Would I be able to deep strike the dreads?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Half and half seems fine. As far as I know, CSM Dreads cannot DS as they cannot take Drop Pods. I've never heard of one DS.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was looking into Typhus I love his fluff and what he can do as well as looks. I understand he doesn't have eternal warrior or something like that (don't know what it does.... Have yet to buy codex...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Always have the Codex and Rulebook before you make lists and things. Eternal Warrior means he can't be one shot by things double his T, force weapons etc. He's verrrrry pricey but can be good if he gets into CC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haven't had a chance to pick up the codex yet. Would Typhus be good to take down chaaracters and tyrants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I strongly suggest you get the codex before you start thinking about army lists, since you don't know what options units have or exactly how they'd work.

As for the list itself, I'm not a massive fan of dreads either. You could consider replacing them with obliterators and having a few points spare, although they are a little easier to take down. You can't ds dreads- the closest you can get is using a dreadclaw in apocalypse.

Choosing between plasma and melta is usually a personal preference. I prefer plasma on my squads, since I jump them out of rhinos and rapid fire, or sit on an objective/in cover with a longer range. You obviously can't do the former, but the latter is something for you to consider. Meltaguns are better vs tanks if you can get them into range.

Typhus is a very nice character, so long as you keep him well away from S8+ weapons. Consider using a terminator bodyguard, or keep him behind other units until he can charge.

Other than that, looks good. Watch out for things like Demolisher cannons, Battle Cannons, Plasma Cannons and the like- they can lay down some serious hurt against your Plague Marine squads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ilkar View Post
    Typhus is a very nice character, so long as you keep him well away from S8+ weapons. Consider using a terminator bodyguard, or keep him behind other units until he can charge.
    As someone that plays Typhus this is what must be done. One thing with him, and normal chaos' lords in termie armour, is to ungroup him in the movement phase before assualting. Making sure that he is still in range as is the termies. Then charge with bolth. That way he cann't be broken and run down by being grouped with a unit without fearless, realy sucks that termies an't get fearless. I've had Typhus killed by being run down before and it realy sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im not a fan of single IC lords that can be insta-killed. too expensive for something that can die so easily, the same is for terminators in general. im not a fan of dreads either, why waste time with a unit that could be spending time shooting at your own stuff instead of the enemy? All meltas as special weps is way too cookie cutter, i would have half as melta and half as plasma.
    May the "Nurgley Goodness" protect you!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast