1500 point army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500 point army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 point army

Hq
    180-Demon prince with mark of nurgle.wings, and winds of chaos
    190-Chaos Lord with Daemon weapon, bike, combi melta, Personal Icon, and Mark of Tzeentch
    Troops
    265- 10 chaos space marines with a champion with a powerfist, Icon of Chaos glory, and two meltas in a rhino with a combi weapon
    327- 9 thousand sons one Sorcerer with doom bolt and a personal icon in a rhino with a combi weapon
    Fast Attack
    156- 3 bikers with mark of nurgle and a champion with powerfists
    Heavy Support
    150-Defiler
    130-Predator with a lascanon sponsoons
    Other
    100-Greater Demon

so the plan is that the csm squad goes up in their rhino pop tanks preferably any transports and kills those inside, or kill some Monstrous creatures
    The DP goes up and takes out bigger targets or infintry
    The chaos lord and bikers move flat out first turn and occupy anything scary bringing in the greater demon if need be to help. the combi weap is in case a target is in a tank so it can be poped easy and the powerfist is to put down anything really big that the lord cant handle. (this is the squad i havent used yet so this is my logic in its usefulness) I am wondering foes mark of tzeentch affect the flat out invuln save?
    The thousand sons take out infintry and if the greater demon isnt already out he can come help them if they get in trouble in CC
    The defiler and predator shoot at tanks or infintry depending on what is needed

any suggestions? any thing i should consider in my plan?
    thanks for any help given.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

Firstly turboboosting bikes get a 3+ cover save not invulnerable so MoT won't help.

HQ: Prince is ok. If you make him MoT instead he can use warptime on the same turn making wind devastating and combat even more so. The bike HQ I would drop and the unit of bikes too. They just dont have the numbers to survive shooting from 2 plasma guns etc. Greater daemon will kill a 65 point champion or worse one on a bike or one keeping the 1Ksons from going stupid. I would drop it or convert it into a second prince.

Troops: good. Get another squad of troops with the bike points.

Fast: As above.

Heavy: Perfect.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

revised version

HQ
    205- DP w/ MoT, Wings, Warptime, Wind of chaos
    205- DP w/ MoT, Wings, Warptime, Wind of chaos
    Troops
    220-CSM with IoCG, Champ w/PF and 2 meltas
    236- 7 1k sons w/ sorc with Doombolt
    208- 8 Khorne zerkers w/ champ w/PF
    45-rhino combi melta
    45-rhino combi melta
    40 rhino bolter
    Heavy Support
    150-Defiler
    130-Predator with lascannon sponsoons

alright so i dropped the lord, bikes, and greater demon and put in another demon prince and made both have warptime and wind of chaos so they can go off and kill something on their own or double up and kill something big
    with the leftover points i grabbed a squad of zerkers for some CC
    the rhino with the bolter will take the CSM as they have enough AT on their own and the bolter was extra 5 points i had.
    The 1k sons lost 2 bodies to make room for the power fist which i think is nesasary so they can not get owned by big stuff

so how is it looking now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    I think mark of nurgle, wings and warptime is better because T6 really helps against small arms fire, which will be fired at your daemon princes because everything else on the table is a vehicle.

Troops
    The chaos space marine squad doesn't need a powerfist or champion. 2 meltaguns, a combi melta and a rhino mean you can avoid being charged by monstrous creatures and dreadnoughts.

I don't think the thousand sons are worth taking, the prevalence of cover saves means their ap3 bolters aren't doing much.

Heavy Support
    I would upgrade the defiler with extra close combat weapons.

I would either upgrade your predator with a twin linked lascannon or downgrade your sponsons to heavy bolters. I don't find the autocannon, lascannon predator very efficient at killing vehicles.

Have you bought any models for your army? If not have you considered running a chaos walker/monstrous creature list. It consists of 2 daemon princes, 3 dreadnoughts and 3 defilers. You're halfway towards it with your current list and it provides a very different yet still competitive army.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

It looks very deadly. if you want those 2 extra 1K sons back consicdder dropping wind for doombolt on the daemonprinces. It isn't quite as effective but saves a good chunk of points.

I agree about the defiler but I do maintain that the AC+2LC predator is the best for the points and to give an all round design. Vindicators cost a similar amount though and I like them for the bullying power.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

at the moment i have the defiler, rhino, CSM squad, and a DP conversion made from Terminator lord bits and possed bits and some green stuff so thats what i have to work with at the moment as well as around 350$ for warhammer.

as for the walker army i am hesitent about the dreadnaughts because i have used them in the past with a few bad experiences. (i play with mostly freinds and we are ok with porxying) though i would gladly buy a forgeworld dread or two if the list works. Though i dislike those crazed rolls.
    in one case i rolled ones consitently for the whole game

in another the dreadnaugt in one turn blew up my landraider

maybe i am just using them wrong? what should i give the dreds?

Here is what i came up with for a possible walker list and unless anyone sees any major flaws ill try out next time i play.

HQ
    175-DP with MoN wings and warptime
    205-DP with MoT, wings, wind of chaos, and warptime
    Troops(this is where i am hesitant about this list)
    105-5 CSM 1 melta and champ with meltabombs (bombs are extra 10 pts and champs are for the greater demon)
    105- 5 CSM 1 melta and champ with meltabombs
    Elites
    90-Dread w/ missle launcher and cc wep(not sure what works when outfitting these guys so i went with cheap)
    90- Dread w/ missle launcher and cc wep
    90- Dread w/ missle launcher and cc wep
    Heavy Support
    150- Defiler CC armsx2
    150- Deflier CC armsx2
    150- Defiler CC arms x2
    Summoned Demons
    100-Greater Demon
    ______
    1500 pts

is this the kind of list you were refering to? the thing i worry with the most that my freinds will aim for the rhinos and take out my caping units though they may be preocupied by all the big stuff runnng at them
    Last edited by aberson126; August 4th, 2009 at 18:27.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the walker/monstrous creature list:

2x Daemon Prince - Mark of nurgle, waptime
    3x Dreadnought - Dreadnought close combat weapons, extra armour
    3x Defiler - 2 close combat arms
    The rest is up to you. Plague marine or chaos space marine squads in rhinos would work well for holding objectives. You could go with khorne berzerkers because they fit the assault theme of the army.

The basic idea of the amry is to run across the board and assault things. The dreadnoughts work well like this because if you get fire frenzy your only going to be firing 2 twin linked bolter. The daemon princes don't need wings because they're going to be moving with the walkers. You could also add a greater daemon to the army but its not essential.

+ Reply to Thread