1750pt Khorne - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1750pt Khorne

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

1750pt Khorne

Any comments or suggestions welcome. I have been tossing up about the chosen. For 24 points less I can get a havoc squad configured the same way but no outflank.

HQ

Chaos Lord Khargul Bloodfrenzy
    - Mark of Khorne, Pair of lightning claws, melta bomb, combi-melta 145

Daemon Prince Borkil the Butcher
    - Mark of Khorne, Wings 140

Elite

Dreadnaught Semirhage
    - Dual Combat weapons, Heavy Flamer 105

8 Chosen:
    - Icon of Khorne, 2 meltaguns, 2 flamers, aspiring champion with powerfist
    - Rhino, extra combi-bolter 279

8 Terminators
    - Icon of Khorne, 2 powerfists, 1 chainfist, heavy flamer, 3 combi-plasma, combi-flamer 330

Troops

8 Lesser Daemons 104

8 Khorne Bezerkers
    - Champion, powerweapon, meltabombs, personal icon
    - rhino 243

8 Khorne Bezerkers
    - Champion, powerfist, personal icon
    - rhino 248

Fast Attack

4 Bikers
    - 2 meltaguns

Comes to 1746pts

I wanted to make a fast, elite, hard-hitting khorne army. All comments welcome.

Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it looks like a funn army to play, and play against. the first i want to ask is, did you build this list for competetive games? if so i would had more troops, a guy at my club plays a full khorn army, and he has nothing else than Llord, termies,DN, Zerkers and a LR. but i think your list can do it good.

i my self is not so fond of the Pair of ligthning claws, then i prefere a Bloodfeeder. the lord would be the exact same price. and i would give the termies some lightning claws, so you have more use for the mark of khorne on them

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

It is for a tourney but most of us are mates, so I don't want to cheese it out.

I took the claws because I got sick and tired of rolling 1's and killing myself.

Do you think three troops are enough?

One idea is:

8 marines, icon of khorne, meltagun, combi-melta, powerfist
    rhino + combi-melta
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

HQ

I like these. They work good together. I am not a fan of lightning claws myself but I can understand you're reasoning for taking them.

Elite

Dreadnaught Semirhage

Dreads are dangerous...You get one that goes frenzy and you need to hope that you don't have any troops not in combat around him...

8 Chosen:
    - Icon of Khorne, 2 meltaguns, 2 flamers, aspiring champion with powerfist
    - Rhino, extra combi-bolter 279

These are kind of expensive...All they are are glorified CSM...

8 Terminators
    - Icon of Khorne, 2 powerfists, 1 chainfist, heavy flamer, 3 combi-plasma, combi-flamer 330

These are also expensive...if you look at the cost of them per model you are paying over 40 points per model here. It isn't really worth it for what you are getting. I suggest dropping the squad down to 4 or five...giving them IoCG, one heavy flamer and 2 combi weapons.

Troops

8 Lesser Daemons 104

Lesser daemons do not count as troops and are really not worth the points at all. They have no save and these points could be put to better use.

8 Khorne Bezerkers
    - Champion, powerweapon, meltabombs, personal icon
    - rhino 243

I suggest a PF for this champion. And I would lose the icon. Only one of your squads really needs it.

8 Khorne Bezerkers
    - rhino 248

You're troops are setup nicely, but I don't see them making it down the battlefield without losing more then half of your guys due to being shot up. I suggest adding some rhinos so that you at least have a chance to make it to battle. I also suggest getting some more troops. If you play anything where you need to hole objectives with you only have three troops to do so with. So you in theory could never hold a fourth objective.

Fast Attack

4 Bikers
    - 2 meltaguns

I would drop the bikers for raptors. You could get a squad of six-8 raptors for the same amount as these four bikers.

I suggest putting in some tanks. At this point level you are bound to see some. And believe me without the tanks the first thing that is going to get shot up is your squads. It is really hard to get anywhere when your already low number of squads is getting shot up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lesser daemons do not count as troops and are really not worth the points at all. They have no save and these points could be put to better use.
    i don't know where you found this but it clearly states in the chaos codex that they don't take up any force organisation chart and that they are treated like Troops unit. aka they counts as scoring. i uses a unit of 5 of em and they are the best objektive holders in my army, and i love the fact that they have an 5+ inv save. i say that they are worth the points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

That was a mishap on my part. I know they act as troops. But in an army like this they are too squishy. Considering he doesn't have any tanks...that 5+ invul save won't mean a thing if they get hit by something twice their toughness. Considering opponents don't have anything else to shoot they are going to shoot the troops. They will be dead by turn two...if he is lucky some will make it to turn three. He will be hurting if he keeps them. He needs to switch them out and get some heavy artillery otherwise this list doesn't stand a chance.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

Thanks for the comments guys.

Tanks is something I am concerned about, hence the meltaguns everywhere.

If I dropped the chosen squad what would you recommend?
    Mirage Arcana Podcast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vindicator. or a 3 mans unit of oblit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x2)

I'd suggest cutting the lesser daemons, the dread and the termies and adding another squad of berzerkers with champ and fist and a rhino (also switch the champ w/ pw to a pf for monstrous creatures) and 2 preds w/ sponson lascannons. I'd then swap the bikers for raptors w/ meltaguns and a pf to run along side your prince. You could also consider equipping your lord with a jump pack and throwing him into your raptor squad.

Termies can be very powerful and lesser daemons can be fun but IMO in a Khorne army, deepstriking is not the way to go. I've always played my World Eaters with every model on the field and just gun for my opponent. I also don't like dreads due to the unpredictability. If you want a CC walker, field a defiler, that blast template is something to be reckoned with.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

399 (x8)

Ok, here's the new list.

HQ

Elite

Dreadnaught Semirhage

8 Terminators

Troops

8 Lesser Daemons 104

8 Khorne Bezerkers
    - Champion, powerweapon, 2 plasma pistols meltabombs, personal icon
    - rhino 273

8 Khorne Bezerkers
    - rhino 248

10 Marines
    - 2 Meltagun, combi-flamer, Icon of khorne, champion, powerfist
    - rhino 285

Heavy

Vindicator 125
    Comes to 1750pts
    Mirage Arcana Podcast

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast