1k list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 1k list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1k list

I am mainly stuck on what to use for my two troop choices...

I dont want to take lash, its completely broken(seriously, unlimited range, 2d6 movement with no way to block it except with a psychic hood? Gav thorpe must have been high when he wrote this).

Mark of slaneesh is for I5, which is basically normal IC initiative...being able to thin out the numbers of most units before they can strike back is pretty useful. Should i bother with 1 vindi, or just get 2 more oblits for the price? Or drop the oblits and get another vindi?(Since 2 BS4 lascanons do not seem too useful...). If i have 2 vindis i can also use them to give both rhinos cover as i advance, on the other hand this leaves me with no decent anti-transport option.

HQ

Daemon Prince
    Mark of Slaneesh
    Warptime
    Wings
    Total - 160 pts

Troops

10 CSM
    2 melta guns
    1 champion
    1 power weapon
    Mark of Slaneesh
    1 combi-melta
    Rhino
    TL bolter
    Dozer blade
    Total - 275 pts

10 CSM
    2 melta guns
    1 champion
    1 power weapon
    Mark of Slaneesh
    1 combi-melta
    Rhino
    TL bolter
    Dozer blade
    Total - 275 pts

Heavy supprot

Vindicator - 125 pts
    Daemonic Posession
    Total - 145 pts

Oblit - 75 pts

Oblit - 75 pts

Total - 1000 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Question2 View Post

HQ

Daemon Prince
    Mark of Slaneesh
    Warptime
    Wings
    Total - 160 pts

Looks fine. Maybe switch this to MoN. You aren't Lashing so grab that Toughness.

Troops

10 CSM
    2 melta guns
    1 champion
    1 power weapon
    Mark of Slaneesh
    1 combi-melta
    Rhino
    TL bolter
    Dozer blade
    Total - 275 pts

Some points can be saved here. No Dozer Blades, Rhinos go 12" with Marines in them, or they're dead. MoS is pretty useless, the I is seriously not a big advantage for the points. You can hit other MEQS first, but they can just shoot you and thin you out. Switch the Sarge to a PF, you need it for many reasons, mostly MCs. I'd also drop the Combi, you have 2 Meltas already, a one shot Melta won't help much.

10 CSM
    2 melta guns
    1 champion
    1 power weapon
    Mark of Slaneesh
    1 combi-melta
    Rhino
    TL bolter
    Dozer blade
    Total - 275 pts

See above.

Heavy supprot

Vindicator - 125 pts
    Daemonic Posession
    Total - 145 pts

Looks good. I don't know why more people don't run this on Vinds it makes them very scary.

Oblit - 75 pts

Oblit - 75 pts

Always a good choice.
    This is a very strong 1000 list. If you switched some things on the Troops you could afford the PFs and other things that can upgrade you. I used to play Slaanesh, I'm sad they kept their mark so underwhelming. It's so so on a Prince, but the Toughness is just so much better.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's nice to see someone making an effort with a Slaanesh list, it's just a shame that as an army they're not particularly competitive. I guess lash makes up for it if you want to keep it as an Emperor's Children list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot CSM have the old shitty dozerblades...well i dont play tournies so im pretty sure most opponents will allow me to use the updated rules for them, especially since its the same cost anyway.

Why are rhinos dead unless they move 12 inches?

I wanted a slaneesh prince for I6...thats more than most ICs in the game, allows me to strike with 5 3+ to hit, 2+ to wound re-rolling attacks before they can do a single thing. Pretty decent chance of killing them before they can strike back.

I suppose i could drop mark of slaneesh, but why the powerfist? Against anything that is not a IC(for instant death) or a MC/vehicle, a powersword has better damage potential and is cheaper to boot. Wouldnt 3 meltas(1 from the combi-melta) and a DP be enough to handle most MCs/vehicles?

Will the 2 oblits do much, really? I mean if its long range anti-tank, i pay 75 pts for a BS 4 lascanon that isnt even TL...plasma canon is only useful if you can use lash to bunch troops up, or if theres deepstrikers. The rest are too short range and require you to risk a deepstrike.
    Last edited by Question2; August 31st, 2009 at 17:52.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Rhinos are dead if they go 6" because their armor is crap. They need to get into place as fast as possible so their Troops can start making a difference. There's no reason to go 6", do you need to fire the CBolter?

12" also makes them very safe from assault, 4's to hit on AV10 is so very dead.

Oblits do make a difference because they're so flexible, they can DS they can shoot a ton of guns and they're resilient.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I certainly like the flexibility of obliterators, and a couple in 1k points seems reasonable. Two lascannon shots can be a cause for concern for most tanks, and lascannons can be replaced by multi-meltas or tl meltaguns as you get closer, hosing down anything that gets too close with tl flamers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

An Icon makes them even more useful, on demand Plasma Guns, Meltas or Lascannons in the rear from range can really lay some hurt. Obliterators are never useless against any army, which is why they're so great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the other hand if i have 2 vindicators i can use them to shield the rhinos from frontal shots....

What do i do with the marines then? Just move them as close as possible and then...what? They are mediocre against troops really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

Bust tanks, Rapid Fire smaller units with average Toughness, assault shooting units or try and tarpit things. I personally think Marines are lower on the rung of Troops, they're just to expensive for what they do and now you have to hold their hands and capture objectives with them. Fun. At least they have Meltas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Decided to try switching it out for plauge marines...

HQ

Daemon Prince
    Mark of Slaneesh
    Warptime
    Wings
    Total - 160 pts

Troops

6 plague marines
    2 melta guns
    1 champion
    1 combi-plasma
    1 powerfist