1500 Nurgle/Slaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Nurgle/Slaanesh

GUO – CoF, BoC

Herald of Slaanesh – Chariot, Soporific Musk

5 Fiends of Slaanesh – Unholy Might

4 Flamers of Tzeentch

10 Plaguebearers

10 Plaguebearers – Instrument of Chaos
    10 Daemonettes – Instrument of Chaos
    10 Daemonettes – Instrument of Chaos

Daemon Prince of Slaanesh – Mark of Slaanesh, AoA, Soporific Musk, Unholy Might, Iron Hide

Daemon Prince of Nurgle – Mark of Nurgle, CoF, Noxious Touch, Iron Hide

My first attempt at a daemon army. Slaanesh and Nurgle are my two favorites, and I hope to eventually be able to branch out into monoNurgle and monoSlaanesh

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    511 (x8)

Welcome to Chaos Daemons!

If you're looking to eventually go mono-nurgle and/or mon-slaanesh, then there are two things you really need to include in the lists, respectively: breath of chaos, and pavane. Breath is the anti-infantry staple of all nurgle armies, and Pavane is the main reason to play Daemon Princes of Slaanesh, as they have no other significant advantage.

Anyway, going on to your list, it's definitely a good start, and similar to my out standard list, but I'd make some changes:

1. Instead of a Great Unclean one, I'd use the herald of slaanesh as your only HQ (she's fine the way you've set her up) and use the Great Unclean one as a third daemon prince instead, either of Slaanesh or Nurgle.

2. The daemon prince of Slaanesh really needs Pavane. It's very useful for them, since they hit on 2+, and they make a very good anti-vehicle unit as well. Flight is also useful, but not strictly necessary for DP of Slaanesh.

3. On the other hand, I think flight is necessary for Daemon Princes of Nurgle, as is breath of chaos, as in all (or mostly) Nurgle armies, the Daemon prince is really the only fast, versatile unit Nurgle has (all others are for raw power and resilience). I build them this way: mark of Nurgle, flight, noxious touch, breath, CoF. Ironhide and unholy might are okay, but I feel they're not really worth their points. I know you don't want Tzeentch or Khorne, but they can be effective as well.

4. I'd group the daemonettes into one large unit of 20, otherwise they'll have trouble surviving in the shooting phase. Just be sure to be very careful when you deepstrike them, which leads to...

5. I'd include one icon in both waves, on a unit of plaguebearers. You might also want to run 3 units of 6-7 plaguebearers instead of 2 units of 10, so they can claim objectives better, but that's up to you.

6. I wouldn't use instruments unless you have nothing better to spend the points on. Combat resolution isn't nearly as important as it used to be (far too many fearless, stubborn, or similar units now a days).

7. If you like Slaanesh, you might want to eventually consider using a keeper of secrets. They're my personal favorite greater daemon, and my second favorite unit in the entire army (fiends being the best ^_^).

Good luck!
    "Any job worth doing, is worth doing with a powerklaw."
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru.../mynameisgrax/

+ Reply to Thread