Tzeentch 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tzeentch 1500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x1)

Tzeentch 1500

I've been rolling with the following 1500 point pure Tzeentch list:

HQ

Fateweaver *

ELITES

3 Flamers of Tzeentch *

3 Flamers of Tzeentch *

3 Flamers of Tzeentch

TROOPS

5 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch
    +Bolt of Change
    +The Changeling

+Bolt of Change

+Bolt of Change

HEAVY SUPPORT

Daemon Prince of Chaos *
    +Daemonic Flight
    +Iron Hide
    +Mark of Tzeentch
    +Master of Sorcery
    +Daemonic Gaze
    +Breath of Chaos
    +Instrument of Chaos
    +Unholy Might

Daemon Prince of Chaos *
    +Daemonic Flight
    +Iron Hide
    +Mark of Tzeentch
    +Master of Sorcery
    +Daemonic Gaze
    +Breath of Chaos
    +Instrument of Chaos
    +Unholy Might

Total: 1498p.
    *Wave1

This is the variant I am planning now, check if its legal please. In the past I've tried different numbers of Horrors and a Soul Grinder, but found that the ultra expensive DP's with Fateweaver just work the best.

I've played a total of 11 games in the past month, and lost once. 2 have been draws with objectives, rest 8 victories. Fateweaver has suffered a single wound during these 11 battles. Out of the "big three" only one Daemon Prince has died, once, in the only match that I lost against Tau. My adversaries have included the Orks, Tau, Chaos Space Marines, and Forgeworld Traitor Legion. The defeat with Tau fell to my Daemonic Assault roll failing, and after that only one Daemon Prince came out of reserves (and got pummeled by the whole Tau army.)

Basically my tactic is to Deep Strike the 2 DP's and Fateweaver right infront of the enemy, so that the Princes get Fateweavers rerolls. The greatest damage I've done with the list was against Tau, inwhich 600 points of them were obliterated during my first turn. The opponent quit on the 2nd round, as only his Firewarriors were alive (and soon to be Assaulted by the unharmed Fateweaver and DP's.) He could not get away either, since I Deep Strike my Princes around 5" away from him, and fly after him if he tries to escape. (Note that everything except my Horrors actually fly, in addition to Deep Striking.) In the last game these 3 giants massacred a Warboss and his Nob Retinue and 3 units of Sluggaboys, and came out with one prince suffering a single wound. Fateweaver got charged by both the Warboss and his retinue, and a sluggaboy squad. There were over 50 attacks coming at him in that charge, of which none hit home. He survived unharmed.

Flamers I've been using for Deep Striking to secluded enemy positions, and most of the time even one Flamer can destroy a whole unit of Space Marines, and I have 9 of them. The best one had to be against the Traitor Legion, where a unit of flamers barbecued 3 units of traitor guard in a single attack (as they were assembled behind cover in a bunch, to avoid getting shot by my Horrors.)

The Horrors are the only scoring units I have, and are always placed in reserve. This is because most of the time they will arrive somewhere around midgame, where I just Deep Strike them ontop of objectives. Never has the enemy had time to actually pursue them, as my Flamers, Fateweaver and DP's have been keeping the enemy busy. I'm really liking the army, since it has very few models and does not allow direct mistakes especially with the Horrors, since that mistake will have a very high cost. I'm looking for tips for expansion to 2000 points.

Last edited by RunicFIN; October 7th, 2009 at 12:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

HQ: Great!

Elites: Even better. I would leave 2 or even 3 units in the second wave.

Troops: Drop bolt from the squads. You really need more troops for survivability. 3 units of 9 minimum. Taking an Icon can help bringing reserves into the fateweavers crowded safety zone. Also bringing in reserve flamers from an icon can make fantastic shooting attacks on any unit threatening to assault horrors.

Heavy: Too expensive. You don't need hide when you have a rerollable 4+ invulnerable save. You dont need Master of sorcery unless you wish to use 3 shooting attacks per turn. All MCs get to fire 2 weapons. I would take bolt + MoT and thats it. Take 3 of them if you can afford it or spend the points on more troops.
    Quorn! - Protein for the Protein God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    95 (x1)

Good point with the Master of Sorcery. I've thought about the same tweaks (almost the same atleast) myself but at the moment my friends are whining that I should nerf my list because I always beat them. So far in the 11 games I've played Fateweaver and the 2 Princes have killed almost everything, Horrors just basically hold objectives. I don't know how to convince them that destroying 3 monstrous creatures from my list can't be such an impossible task. Or is it?

Mostly it's about Fateweaver. They just keep shooting at him, and atleast I've thought that's the thing you should not do, since he ain't gonna die anyway. I'd direct fire to the DP's with AP3/Powerweapons, since a rerollable 4+ is far worse than a rerollable 3+. And after all, all weapons against Fateweaver work a bit like Force Weapons.

Edit: Altough now that I check, most people do NOT recommend taking large units of Horrors (because of possibly getting locked in combat.) So I guess I might just take more minmaxed squads of 5.
    Last edited by RunicFIN; October 8th, 2009 at 10:39.

+ Reply to Thread