<2000 khorne/nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: khorne/nurgle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

khorne/nurgle

So, seeing if the blood god works with the plague god (since they both kill in a ugly way)!

[CENTER]HQ

[LEFT]Skulltaker:XXX

Epidemius:XXX

Bloodthirster:XXX

troops

12 bloodletters:208
    instrument of chaos

13 bloodletters:224
    Skulltaker commands here.

15 plaguebearers:225

5 plaguebearers:75

5 plaguebearers:75

heavy support

Daemon prince:240
    mark of nurgle
    daemonic flight
    unholy might
    iron hide
    daemonic gaze

mark of nurgle
    Daemonic gaze
    iron hide
    unholy might
    Daemonic flight

mark of nurgle
    daemonic flight
    unholy might
    iron hide
    daemonic gaze

=2000

Ok, so first off the bloodthirster deep strikes with the daemon princes and kills things ( hoping the princes but Epidemius special rule is put to good use!) Skulltaker goes with the blood letters releasing carnage. Epidemius goes with the 15 plaguebearers hoping to kill what they can! The rest of the bletters help where needed, and the rest of the PB sit on 'jectives
    Please leave out points for special characters and un-modified units' base costs, thank you. -Alzer

Last edited by Alzer; November 4th, 2009 at 21:57. Reason: Points

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by username1 View Post
    Skulltaker:XXX

Juggernaut

Not much of a point considering he already has a 3+ save. That's a lot of points for 1 extra attack. Chariot would be better, or just walk him.

Epidemius:XXX
    PBs aren't killy, he serves no purpose.

Bloodthirster:XXX
    Blessing and Might. He's a priority target, don't expect him to last long unless you bring backup (another Thirster, Grinders).

3 blood crushers:120
    Skulltaker goes here
    Too big and slow to get anything done on their own. Need faster units (Fiends, Flesh Hounds, Furies, Seekers, chariots) to tie stuff down for them or crack open transports (bolt, Fiends, Flesh Hounds, Sherald).

14 bloodletters:249

mark of chaos

14 bloodletters:224

Don't bother with icons.

15 plaguebearers:250

mark of chaos
    No icon, split into 3 units of 5. They don't kill things, but they make for awesome objective grabbers.

10 plaguebearers:150
    Keep them cheap.

Soul grinder:160

phlegm

Soul grinder:160

phlegm

Good, very vulnerable to melta though.

Daemon prince:150

Daemonic gaze

iron hide

unholy might
    Too slow on foot.

You only have 3 speedy units, the BT and Grinders. The Grinders shoud be fleeting around into combat, so phlegm conflicts with that role. Once they go down, everything else is slow and vulnerable. Not a good idea.

Daemon armies need to close quickly to cut down on the firepower coming their way and to knock out vehicles so they can't escape. Fiends are ideal for this role. They're cheap, hit hard, and move extremely quickly. No Daemon list should go without at least 1 unit, preferably 3. To a lesser extent, Flesh Hounds, Seekers, and Sheralds on chariots accomplish this too.

BTs and Grinders/Princes hit like a ton of bricks, but they are very suceptible to getting shot up. If you have so few crucial and obvious targets, a canny opponent will eliminate them first and leave your army at their mercy. If you're going to field big meanies, you had better load with enough to survive multiple rounds of shooting while maintaining effectiveness. Backups are necessary, so Fiends or something similar would play a big role. Don't throw BTs at powerful characters like Marneus and Lysander, they're Eternal Warriors and will laugh off a BT while smashing it into the dust. Tie them up with Fiends and let your murder machines stomp all over the rest of the army.
    Last edited by Alzer; November 4th, 2009 at 21:58. Reason: Points costs
    Check out ==My== blog: www.bnhblog.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ==Me== View Post
    Not much of a point considering he already has a 3+ save. That's a lot of points for 1 extra attack. Chariot would be better, or just walk him.
    he also get an extra wound which I'd thought he need.

PBs aren't killy, he serves no purpose
    Actually, my PB managed to kill of 20 odd marines with this list. (it was probably a fluke but heh!).

Blessing and Might. He's a priority target, don't expect him to last long unless you bring backup (another Thirster, Grinders).
    Actually the grinders and the prince will be close by him.

Too big and slow to get anything done on their own. Need faster units (Fiends, Flesh Hounds, Furies, Seekers, chariots) to tie stuff down for them or crack open transports (bolt, Fiends, Flesh Hounds, Sherald).
    Yes your right with this one. i was going to one man this squad and make them fight on their own but maybe I'll put a bletter squad near them.

Don't bother with icons.
    Why do you say that?

No icon, split into 3 units of 5. They don't kill things, but they make for awesome objective grabbers.
    Might change to a 10 and a 5, the 5 grabbing 'jectives.

Good, very vulnerable to melta though.
    he hay! first thing you think i did right.

Too slow on foot.
    Thats why7 i gave him the iron hide, might drop a icon for flight.

Well thats my comments back.
    Last edited by username1; November 1st, 2009 at 21:14.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    431 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by username1 View Post
    he also get an extra wound which I'd thought he need.
    Chariots give you better buffs for cheaper.

Actually, my PB managed to kill of 20 odd marines with this list. (it was probably a fluke but heh!).
    The flukiest.

Actually the grinders and the prince will be close by him.
    Right, and of those the BT poses the biggest threat since the other 3 aren't as fast. High priority target will get focused on and get dead. As your faster model, once he goes, you've got problems.

Yes your right with this one. i was going to one man this squad and make them fight on their own but maybe I'll put a bletter squad near them.
    They can take a lot of punishment and do plenty of damage, they're just too slow. Needs more speed.

Why do you say that?
    It doesn't help your first wave and costs way too much.

Might change to a 10 and a 5, the 5 grabbing 'jectives.
    5, 5 and 5. PBs suck in assault, Epi doesn't fit here either.

he hay! first thing you think i did right.
    A lot of your stuff is good, it just doesn't fit together as a cohesive army.

Thats why7 i gave him the iron hide, might drop a icon for flight.
    Still too slow, so he can effectively be ignored. Flight is so expensive you may as well get another BT.

Well thats my comments back.
    Right back at you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually ==me== i just played another quick game with my PB and they managed to wipe 'em out. Are you sure they suck in assualt? I also can't fit another BT.
    Last edited by username1; November 1st, 2009 at 23:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

431 (x8)

A-yep. Tactical Marines aren't the best barometer of winning assault since they suck too, so failures beating failures doesn't indicate much. If they coul drag down TH/SS Termies or Dreads we'd have something to work with.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

I'd agree with ==me==. Give that Daemon prince wings, and swap the bloodcrushers for some fiends. Put icons on your PB squads and put them in your first wave. They're tough enough to take it. Other than that, ==me== is much better than me so, you know who to trust :p

+ Reply to Thread