2000pt chaos list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt chaos list

2000 pt army
    Hq
    Daemon Prince wings khorne 140
    sorceror slaanesh familiar lash of submission gift of chaos 160

elites
    terminators 6 1 chpion mark of khorne 2 power fists 2 lightning claws 3 combi wpns pair of lighning claws hvy flamer 300

troops
    10 man csm sqd champion (power wpn plasma pistol) 2 meltas rhino 250

10 man csm sqd champion powerfist 2 flamers rhino 235

10 man csm sqd champion (power wpn plasma pistol) 2 plasma 225 pts

10 man csm sqd champion power wpn hvy bolter plasma mark of tzeentch 245

hvy support
    2 obliterators 150

2 obliterators 150

defiler 150

any comments ideas welcome

Last edited by squanto315; November 3rd, 2009 at 23:07.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

This list is kind of all over. You need some consistency, here's some examples.

Your Troops all have different set ups and useless equipment. Powerfists > Power Weapons for Marines and Plasma Pistols are pretty useless, they'll get to fire once most games. You have all different special weapons, why? This makes it easier for an opponent to pop the unit he fears. Playing hordes? There go the Flamers? Against heavy armor? Bye bye Meltas. Double and triple up on squad redundancy, for your own sake.

Your foot squad is pretty useless. I'd upgrade them to a Rhino unit, CSMs are much better mounted than on foot, really any Marines are. 10 Marines on foot just firing a HB is a huge points waste.

Your Termies are a big points sink and have to Deep Strike or walk, both bad options for CC Termies. I'd either switch them to a small fire support unit or invest in a Land Raider. Personally I think CSM have the best Termies because of Combi-weapons and the ability to take a small unit, don't overlook it in combination with Rhino mounted Icons.

Khorne DPs suck sadly, a different Mark with Warptime is a better fighter in all situations. The psychic abilities are to good to pass up.

Your Sorceror is to expensive and Gift of Chaos is a pretty bad power, it's to random. Wind of Chaos is much better, I'd either upgrade him to a Slaanesh DP to keep the Lash and add a fighter, or upgrade to a Tzeentech DP with Warptime and another power for a good fighter/shooter.

Hope that helps, needs a good bit of tweaking.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

Hq

This is okay.

This is alright.

elites
    terminators 6 1 chpion mark of khorne 2 power fists 2 lightning claws 3 combi wpns pair of lighning claws hvy flamer 300

You can drop the champion here. You pay a lot extra in points for just 1 attack...it isn't worth it. Also you can cut this squad down to 4...no need running more then 4...they're too expensive a unit that way. I would run then 1 HF, 1 PF, and 2 combi weapons of some sort maybe meltas.

troops

I would trade pw for pf's and try to get these squads IoCG so you don't have them running off the battle field on you.

Again I would trade pw for pf...more effective in the long run. You never want to mix heavy weapons and non heavy weapons. This squad is going to be confused on whether to move or shoot. You won't be able to shoot the heavy bolter and move...so it is one of the other. Personally I would take out the heavy bolter and give them two plasmas...also instead of IoT I would give them ioCg...again in the event that they fail LD you have a backup plan.

hvy support
    2 obliterators 150

2 obliterators 150

defiler 150

You need some type of tank here...at least two...besides the defiler. I would invest in a pred with side sponson lascannon...I would get rid of the defiler completely...

Overall its a good list. Just needs some improvement here and there. Good job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks

i agree im going to decrese the size down to 4 and change the hvy bolter to plasma it makes much more sense and im going to try to give all sqds iocg and a rhino and maybe bump up the oblits to 3 and add a predator

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so new list

Hq
    daemon prince wings khorne 140

sorceror slaneesh familiar lash of submissiion gift of chaos 160

elites
    terminators 4 khorne 2 power fists chainfist 2 combi wpns pair of lightning claws hvy flamer

troops

10csm chp power wpn plasma pistol 2 meltas rhino iocg rhino 260

10 csm champ power fist 2 flamers rhino iocg 245

10 csm chp pw plasm pistol 2 plasma rhino iocg 270

10 csm chp pw 2 plasma rhino iocg 255

heavy
    3oblits 225

predator hvy bolter side sponsons

defiler extra close combat arm 150

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by squanto315 View Post
    Hq daemon prince wings khorne 140

Khorne Princes suck, you can get a different mark and throw Warptime on it. Kind of lame for players who want an all Khorne army but oh well.

sorceror slaneesh familiar lash of submissiion gift of chaos 160

Drop Gift and keep Lash, Gift isn't very good and you should stay back most of the time.

elites
    terminators 4 khorne 2 power fists chainfist 2 combi wpns pair of lightning claws hvy flamer

Still Deep Striking almost purely fighty Termies. I'd unmark these, roll out 3 Combi's, 1 PF and 1 HF. Good gun unit with 3 Power Weapons and 1 PF for assault, much better.

troops

10csm chp power wpn plasma pistol 2 meltas rhino iocg rhino 260

Plasma Pistols are crap, never buy them. They don't shoot often and can kill your Champion. Rest is good. Buy a Fist.

10 csm champ power fist 2 flamers rhino iocg 245

10 csm chp pw plasm pistol 2 plasma rhino iocg 270

10 csm chp pw 2 plasma rhino iocg 255

Switch one Plasma unit to Melta, Meltas are more useful generally. Powerfists for all as well and no Plasma Pistols.

heavy
    3oblits 225

predator hvy bolter side sponsons

defiler extra close combat arm 150

These are fine. Not a big Dakka Predator fan myself, I'd say buy a 2nd Defiler with some of the points you can save. More advancing is better.
    Hope that helps, still a bit of work to do.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by squanto315 View Post
    2000 pt army
    Hq
    Drop the mark of khorne and give this guy warptime, he's going to be 15 points more but will get his points back so much better

Drop the familiar and the gift of chaos, this guy is used to annoy people with the lash, the gift is just a waste of points, you save 35 points

elites
    For 300 points I would do the following, 8 termies, icon of khorne, 1 chainfist, 1 Heavy flamer, 2 combi-meltas. This is the kind of unit that will get the attention of your opponent when it arrives. You can always go with 2 X 4 man units with 1 power fist, 1 heavy flamer, 3 combi-meltas/3 combi-plasmas in each

troops

10 man CSM champ, fist, 2 meltaguns, rhino, IoCG 255 (general all purpose unit)
    10 man CSM champ, fist, 2 meltaguns, rhino, IoCG 255 (again)
    9 man CSM champ, fist, 1 flamer, rhino, IoCG 225 (ride for your sorcerer)
    10 man,champ, fist, 2 plasma guns, IoCG 230 (these guard your objective and with 4+ cover saves from almost everything you do not need the icon of tzeentch and the rhino)
    Power Fists are way better then power weapons because they can kill walkers, kill IC in one shot, tackle Monstrous Creatures.

hvy support
    2 obliterators 150
    fine
    2 obliterators 150
    fine
    defiler 150
    fine
    any comments ideas welcome
    Hope the suggestions I gave you will give you a hand.
    "Iron Within, Iron Without"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree and i am going to drop the gift and familiar because when i played against some eldar today i didnt even use it lash was fun to use though i pulled his rangers right out of cover into my defilers charge range lol

+ Reply to Thread