Death Guard Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Death Guard Army

I'm in the process of recollecting my nurgle army......mainly for City fighting.

The difficulty is trying to have a pure plaguemarine force.......since there's only typhus, and a troop choice!

This is what i have thought of using so far.

Typhus
    10 marines: Champ + pfist, flamer, melta, icon
    10 marines:champ + twinbolter, 2 * plasma, icon
    10 marines: champ+p weapon, 2 * plasma, icon
    3 vindicator
    15 lesserdaemon
    15 lesser daemon
    10 lesser daemon

this comes to a grand total of 1990 pts

anyone have any suggestions, i usually fight space marines, imp guard or grey knights!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Hey shanaar. To start with, this belongs in the army list section.

*thread transported to the army list section*

Now, on to your list. The problem I've encountered with Typhus is that he's easily managed by instant-killing close combat weapons, such as enemy power fists. Losing him in this way is extremely costly. Have you considered a prince with the mark of Nurgle?

Troops: If this is a true Death Guard army, then all your models should have the Icon of Nurgle, or else, your troops should be Plague Marines. Of course, we're strictly talking about fluff. Otherwise, your troops look decent. Although, your marines desperately need rhinos. Without transports, they'll have a hard time moving across the table and challenging highly mobile enemy forces. In addition, I'm recommending that you don't mix special weapons; either take dual melta guns or plasma guns (or dual flamers if you face off against lots of swarm armies). Continuing, you've including a high number of lesser daemons. Any reason for this? You might consider using some of these points for other units that may better assist your army. For example, by dropping the second and third lesser daemon squads, you would have sufficient points for taking another marine squad (or plague marines) and also perhaps a selection from our elite choices.

Heavies: Most folks tend to upgrade their vindis with daemonic possession. However, you have so many vindis that possession *might* not be necessary. However, given that you have no consistent long range tank-bust, which would greatly improve your odds against both Space Marines and Grey Knights, I'd suggest you take a couple of predators with las-sponsons in order to fill this gap. Alternatively, you might consider swapping some or all the vindis for Defilers, which will come in handy during your late game, when close combat tends to dictate the victor when up against Marines and Knights.
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for the advice, and sorry placed in wrong area!

the marine squads listed are plaguemarines, thought i'd said at the start i wanted only true nurgle guys, which is also y i don't have any elites...even termies are weak compared to plaguemarines!

will remove small unit of daemons to provide rhinos, but not going for preds, their long range won't help in cities.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

in our city fight battles using a rhino is useless, it takes longer to run a rhino around a building than to walk thru it, paying points for lower mobility

that said as rabbit said just because they only list typhus does not mean you can not take a lord, sorcerer, or DP with mark of nurgle. Death Guard have terminator armor, therefor plague marines in terminator armor can exist, unfortunately the current rules do not give them fearless or feel no pain like their power armored brethran, but you probably can get most people you play with to allow you to add the difference between CSM and plague marines to a per model term squad.

a nurgle marked raptor squad, or a squad of nurlge touched bikes(for an additional toughness on top MoN) could add a lot of mobile firepower, but i like fast attack.

nurgle touched oblits can provide variety, and if you feel like gambling(or think you can keep your troops behind him) a dread fitted out for what you feel your army is missing. doesn't the defiler have the ability to do indirect fire?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is where they screwed chaos up.....i don't want a lord thats weaker than the basic troops. Still thinking about the rhinos...they would be a good screen for the vindicators, just in case there's an open fire lane!

not too keen on the fast attack options, they don't really fit with the death guard's lack of mobility, which is also a reason i wasn't sure about the rhinos....in the last codex any rhino squad became a fast choice!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    946 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by shanaar View Post
    not too keen on the fast attack options, they don't really fit with the death guard's lack of mobility, which is also a reason i wasn't sure about the rhinos....in the last codex any rhino squad became a fast choice!
    This only applied after a Death Guard list had more than two rhinos (the first two still counted as troop choices).
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello fellow plague marine lovers. ahhhh its a puss filled mourning. anyway, well to be honest i would take those squads of 10 and drop them to squads of seven. WHY?, well for one plague marines do well in groups of 7 and it is fluffy. now , i would take the remander and make another squad of 7 giving you 4 squads. Then, get some rhinos for these boys....3rd and 4th edition is gone( cry) now is the age of lots of rhinos dropping our plaguey goodness at enemys doors all over the galaxy. DEmons...hmmmm ill be honest, not a fan. they never seem to come in at the right places and they are kinda week in H2H combat. the vindies are cool, but typhus is a big no no . he just dies to easy. One powerfist shot or one randome lasscannon shot and he is toast. Now with the vidies...you gotta get demonic possesion....its like penutbutter and jelly.always good together.
    Now, i recomend demon prince with MON, and warptime oh and if you want to get kinda your points up a little in the hq area, give him a familar and nurgal rot or another hord killing abilitty. The two together can be cast in the same turn and is nasty as all can be.
    and dont forget some longrange. cause you sometimes gotta kill a annoying fast attack vehicle.

Have fun

+ Reply to Thread