1500 Point Competitive List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Point Competitive List

Hello, thought I'd try my hand at a 1500 point list. Tactics are basically roll the Plague Marines onto objectives and destroy/tie up anything in their way while the Raptors and Obliterators roam around and zap hard targets. Daemon Prince obviously would be assaulting other pricey HQ units. Let me know what you think.

HQ:

Daemon Prince (Mark Nurgle, Wings, Nurgle's Rot) 165

Fast Attack:

Raptors x5 (Meltagun x2) 120

Troops:

Plague Marines x7 (Champ w/ Power Fist, Personal Icon, Meltagun x2, Rhino) 261

Plague Marines x7 (Champ w/ Power Fist, Personal Icon, Meltagun x2, Rhino) 261

Plague Marines x7 (Champ w/ Power Fist, Personal Icon, Plasma Gun x2, Rhino) 271

Plague Marines x7 (Champ w/ Power Fist, Personal Icon, Plasma Gun x2, Rhino) 271

Heavy Support:

Obliterators x2 150

Total: 1499

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

That is a lot of hard Troops. The problem I see is you have very little anti-tank that's not Melta, in fact only two models. Oblits can be very squishy and sometimes you will want to DS them, which can leave you vulnerable.

What if you dropped a Troop unit and got a Defiler or Vindie, or even more Oblits? You'd still have 3 Rhinos, the Raptors and a DP which would draw fire. Defilers give you another CC threat and some good shooting, Vindies bust armor from a bit farther and draw fire while Oblit spam is going to be to many wounds and cover saves to justify killing off and letting your units get close.

Not a huge change but I think it would be a very effective one regardless.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice. How's this?

HQ:

Daemon Prince (Mark Nurgle, Wings, Nurgle's Rot) 165

Fast Attack:

Raptors x5 (Meltagun x2) 120

Troops:

Plague Marines x8 (Champ w/ Power Fist, Personal Icon, Meltagun x2, Rhino) 284

Plague Marines x8 (Champ w/ Power Fist, Personal Icon, Meltagun x2, Rhino) 284

Heavy Support:

Obliterators x3 225

Obliterators x2 150

Total: 1499

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

That looks really good. I may think about using 3 squads of Oblits, one solo. Gives you more Reserve dice if you DS and better target selection. You gain a KP but your army is fine on those either way really.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id take warptime instead of nurgles rot.
    Chaos - 11W 0L 0D
    Orks - 8W 0L 0D
    Tyranids - 8W 0L 0D

+ Reply to Thread