i need expert advise for 1850 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i need expert advise for 1850

OK so this army has done well for me so far, but im still just not sold on the landraider. granted out of 10 games it has survived 10 times. but it has done little except get me accros the board with my flamer unit, wich has woorked well..however i feel this army could be tweeked a little. I want to like obies, but i always feel like im using them wrong or they just get blown up so quickly. i have even thought about dropping all my heavys and putting only obies in instead. (aka. no preds, no landraider, add a rhino, and rest all obies..i dunno) What i need is some ideas...i love the four units of plagues...and i love the demon princes...i like a tough army that can tak a beating and keep on going...any ideas?
    Sons of pestilence 1850 death guard
    HQ ( 350 pts)
    Demon Prince Thanatos (Wings, MoN, warp time) 175
    Demon prince Pestis (Wings, MoN, Warptime) 175

Troops (1019 pts)
    Squad hippos leukos :7 plague marines: Champion( pf, combi plasma); x2 plasma ( Rhino, search light, smoke) 276
    Squad Hippos purros7: plague marines: Champion( pf, combi flamer); x2 flamers 221
    Squad Hippos melas 7 plague marines, champion( PF, combi melta); melta X2 ( rhino, searchlight, smoke) 266
    Squad hippos khloros : 7 plague marines: Champion( pf); melta x2 (Rhino, smoke, searchlight) 256

HEAVY ( 480 pts)
    Landraider Blight, extra armor 235
    Preditor: Shadow: auto, lasscannon sponsins 130
    Preditor : Nekros: Auto, heavy bolters , havoc launchers 115
    Pts 1849

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay here is what I would do...
    1. Remove all combi-weapons and upgrade a melta squad to PG's
    2. Make the dakka pred an auto/las
    3. Land Raiders are cool, but not always the best. I would not use it as a taxi for the flamers, possibly remove it and replace with a rhino.
    4. toss in an oblit or 2 to replace it, the trick to oblits is to dig them in in cover and attack targets of opportunity or transports.
    5. If you keep the land raider, go for possession, all your weapons are twin-linked anyway.

Just some thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for your advice. I will keep all of it in mind. As for other who look at this...i would love to hear your opinions. if you have never posted before...this is a great place to start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Seems to me that your only horde solution is 2 flamers and a combi flamer. As someone who dislikes land raiders perhaps swapping the LR out for a defiler/vindicator, giving the flamer squad a rhino with combi flamer would up your anti horde without overly reducing your anti tank capacity. There should be spare points for something extra in there if you want to regain some anti tank.
    W/D/L Ork Tide 22/1/14

Click here to feed me some squigs

+ Reply to Thread