1500pts Emperor's Children - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Ota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

1500pts Emperor's Children

Hi

This is plan for my 1500pts EC list. I have a lot exp. with 1000pts battles but no exp. with larger games.

Is this list good and may be competitive?

HQ

DP ( 160pts )
    MoS, Warptime

DP ( 155pts )
    MoS, Lash

TROOPS

10 CSMs ( 280pts )
    IoS, Plasma, Lascannon
    Champion, Power Fist
    Rhino

6 Noise Marines ( 230pts )
    Icon, 5x Sonic Blaster
    Champion, Power Weapon, Doom Siren
    Rhino

6 Noise Marines ( 240pts )
    Icon, 5x Sonic Blaster
    Champion, Power Fist, Doom Siren
    Rhino

HEAVY

2 Obliterators

2 Obliterators

Vindicator

TOTAL: 1490pts

Thanks for comments and have a nice day

Last edited by Ota; December 13th, 2009 at 01:03.
    Ota

English?
    ... try Czech language ;-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ota View Post

HQ

DP ( 160pts )
    MoS, Warptime
    Change MoS for MoN. the extra thougness is better than the extra intiative, that depends
    of course if you want a more fluffy list than competetive.

DP ( 155pts )
    MoS, Lash

TROOPS

10 CSMs ( 280pts )
    IoS, Plasma, Lascannon
    Champion, Power Fist
    Rhino
    This unit is good.

Icon, 5x Sonic Blaster
    Rhino
    Have never used them my self but i hear that they are not so good,

6 Noise Marines ( 240pts )
    Icon, 5x Sonic Blaster
    Champion, Power Fist, Doom Siren
    Rhino
    See above comment.

HEAVY

2 Obliterators

2 Obliterators

Vindicator

TOTAL: 1490pts

Thanks for comments and have a nice day
    Overall i would say that this list is fairly good, you have alot of good tank bursting power and horde slaying potential even some pretty effective objective holder.

Ota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlord View Post
    DP ( 160pts )
    MoS, Warptime
    Change MoS for MoN. the extra thougness is better than the extra intiative, that depends
    of course if you want a more fluffy list than competetive.
    I want to stay with slaanesh theme. Also in nearly every game this DP setup did wonders for me. MoS is very cheap and DP with warptime and MoS could easily kill a lot of HQs before they strike back. And nearly every troop unit is little snack for this DP.

Icon, 5x Sonic Blaster
    Rhino
    Have never used them my self but i hear that they are not so good,
    I have never used any chaos troop unit except noise marines But in my 1k games noise marine units have different setup. Like 5xNMs with sonic blasters or 5xNMs with AC, PF, Doom Siren and rhino. These units are fair good. Plague marines may be better and plain CSMs may be more versatile, but noise marines are my favorite ones. I like slaanesh

Overall i would say that this list is fairly good, you have alot of good tank bursting power and horde slaying potential even some pretty effective objective holder.
    Thanks for comment
    I want to stay with slaanesh theme and be competitive as much as possible.
    I will post how this list work. It will be around end of january. Now it's under construction.
    Last edited by Ota; December 13th, 2009 at 02:11.
    Ota

English?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

any unit that is going to get stuck in needs more attacks. while a ranged squad works by attrition a melee squad wants to kill most of the opponent before they can strike back, and then wipe them out in the second round of combat.

how will a 5 man squad with 3 attacks on the charge do when they charge 10 guys with toughness 3 and a 5+ armor save. they will hit about 2/3 of the time, they will wound 2/3 the time and 1/3 of those wounds will be saved, they will kill about 3-6. if they are lucky they will force survive much better and win the combat but they will probably not kill the other 4-7 models the next turn.

the point being, your assault squads should be filled. 10 marines with 3 attacks will do 8-12 unsaved wounds. while you might make up the difference with the doom siren, numbers leave less to luck. if i have a doom siren, no one will just let me get it close to them, i will have to fight to use it

Ota
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Prisoner37 View Post
    any unit that is going to get stuck in needs more attacks. while a ranged squad works by attrition a melee squad wants to kill most of the opponent before they can strike back, and then wipe them out in the second round of combat.

how will a 5 man squad with 3 attacks on the charge do when they charge 10 guys with toughness 3 and a 5+ armor save. they will hit about 2/3 of the time, they will wound 2/3 the time and 1/3 of those wounds will be saved, they will kill about 3-6. if they are lucky they will force survive much better and win the combat but they will probably not kill the other 4-7 models the next turn.

the point being, your assault squads should be filled. 10 marines with 3 attacks will do 8-12 unsaved wounds. while you might make up the difference with the doom siren, numbers leave less to luck. if i have a doom siren, no one will just let me get it close to them, i will have to fight to use it
    This may be problem of this list. But how solve it? I want my HQ and Heavy slots stay as they are.
    How fill Troop slots and stay with pure slaanesh style?

Thanks for responses
    Last edited by Ota; December 13th, 2009 at 16:18.
    Ota

English?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i always see fat grotty nurgle armies. slaanesh always gets overlooked. I hope this works well for you.

I tihnk the ininative is very useful, because even if you get charged by 10 space marines, you have as many attacks ( gotta love being Chaos Marines ) and strike first. if you on the other hand charge him, then well you hit first with 3x as many attacks

Noise Marines are not that great because the guns are costly, while the normal slaaneshi marines are 10 points cheaper(if you are buying sonic blasters for the NMs) and are not fearless so they don't get trampled with extra armour saves for failed combat(ldrship10 will not fail if you have struck with 10 marines already)

for 230 points you could have 10 initiative 5 marines with a bounty of flamers or meltas and still get a special wep for the leader, in a rhino maybe. only reason for noise marines is for a med - short range firefight where fearless is usefull and the cool guns are ok. also i have a soft spot for the cool flamer template upgrade on the ldr. doom siren i think.

overall, 30 normal marines are better than 22 mixed and also cheaper.
    in addition if you do use "normal marines" then you could continue the slaanesh EC theme with fabius bile as hq. in the end theyl still be cheaper than noise marines.

Imagine a bunch of permanently Str 5 Ini 5 marines. Better than khorne berserkers i reckon, maybe even str 6 lol. you could go wraithlord hunting with that initiative too.

Or wound normal space marines or a 2+ lol !!! before they strike you !!!!! with 3x as many attack !!!!!!!

go chaos marines...

+ Reply to Thread